Sign in to follow this  
ashe_tamagotchi

12 years later

I can also kind of relate, even though I didn't have an account until 2016. However I had browsed this site while looking for Tamagotchi stuff when I was about 7 or 8. That kind of counts - maybe? I just find it cool how long this forum has been running.

Oh dang hey uh wow idk when exactly I joined I'd have to check my old account it's violetchi_garden btw that's my old account haha end me but um man I feel like it was 2008/2009 (ok yeah I checked it was March 8th 2008 was when I joined)

So that was like?? Almost ten years ish?? idk I'm the baby of the og ppl

god I'm like so embarrassed to say what my old username was bc I know some ppl will remember me and I literally hate the person I used to be like I would legit drop kick them into the sun but uh if you remember me heyy I hate myself lmao what's good

also like. It's so wild like back in the day I made a few artist friends here and we all bonded bc we were in our Primal Weeb Days complete with the "xD" and "kawaii random" and yikes it's so cringey (and I hate that word ok) but?? We had fun. And it's just. mind blowing bc I guess like I was the quote unquote ~Artist Sempai~ friend, but now they're all actually pursuing art and one has a v popular art blog and I just don't draw anymore bc The Trauma happened and I dissociate and sleep too much to have a chance to draw anymore and I'm going off topic & idk how I got here or how this subject came about buut???? Just the Primal Weeb Days of tamatalk were gr8 and I miss everyone drawing icons for each other and I miss the art contests where we would all do multiple submissions of MS paint drawings and we'd oodle over the ppl who had photoshop or drew really pretty traditional art and we all just supported each other and. I miss that a lot. I'd so be down for another tamatalk contest just to see the new 11-12 year olds (if we have any) and their art and their passions I would love to see that

anyways. early tamatalk was bomb yall

Edited by x.//StoryTeller//.x
  • Like 1

My account is almost 10 years old... I've been collecting for 10 years now.

Holy Cow.

I was almost 13 when I joined (ugh I know internet laws, I should've waited) and was probabally a total turd muffin. I mostly hung out on TamaCraze101 though. I still come back here every few months and hang out.

Its like coming home, as comforting as the tamatown theme song.

• Like 1

I joined in 2012 (I know, that's weak as heck compared to the rest of you), when I was 12. Now I'm 18. Wild.

Well, I only just joined a few days ago. But 12 years ago, I would've been nine. I think that's around the same time I got my first Tamagotchi, too! A purple V1, with purple buttons.

My first ever account was made back in January 2007! (10 years wow) My username was ~*~mametchi2000~*~ (lmao)

I actually recognise a few of these account names and it warms my heart to know we've all kind of grown up together.

You guys were a massive part of my childhood and I had such a good time here when TT was in its peak!

I'll be turning 22 this month and I've just purchased the Tamagotchi Friends.

I love the nostalgia, takes me back to simpler times :P

• Like 1

I've been thinking a lot about older MIA members, it's just pretty crazy to think that there was a time when they closed Tamatalk and never opened it again.

• Like 1

It actually is quite interesting to see that TamaTalk had another dimension of being a gathering place for an entire generation. It surprises me that the forum actually is a partial record of people's lives and not just an eclectic collection of Tamagotchi-centered discussions. It makes is much more interesting to read realizing it is a piece of history. Having hung around the very old parts, I end up thinking of users who are no longer around and also seeing a new side of still active users. It seems the community really becomes apparent in the informal, off-topic forums, which I tend to avoid because I've heard all the opinions before.

For awhile I found this topic to be rather humorous due to how quite a few old users have been popping up. I don't have an old account (heh, in my younger days I would never of thought much could be done with a Tamagotchi) and considering I haven't been on this website for even a year, I'm still somewhat new to it. I did find it a peculiar experience seeing some old user announce they've returned, since I start thinking, "Who are you?".

I've been thinking a lot about older MIA members, it's just pretty crazy to think that there was a time when they closed Tamatalk and never opened it again.

Woah, never knew that happened.

Omg, I made my first account on here when I was 8 or so, and now I'm going off to university. Time flies... Glad this site is still up! :babytchi:

• Like 1

made my first account in 2008 after over the shoulder spectating ella (hagakrure/sugarygoesrawr/sugaryghostie) on the old tamachat. feels like such a long time ago

• Like 2

I joined this website almost 11 years ago now. I think this is the longest that I've been a member of any website (second is Neopets lol). Started when I was 9 about to turn 10, now I'm almost 21! TamaTalk was a huge part of my life when I was younger, back when this site was a lot more active I used to spend hours chatting on the forums and there was a big but close-knit community of users. It's kind of sad what happened to this place after the big site revamp however many years back. I still come on sometimes just to see what's up and for the nostalgia. I really do miss this place sometimes!

• Like 1

I've been playing with tamagotchi since 1997, pre-this forum existing. I think I win. ;)

It is indeed crazy! I came on here when I was 11 years old and I am now 22. It feels like I've come back to an old home that I left years ago. this place brings back so many memories, so much has change over the years! :o