12 years later

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined in 2012 (I know, that's weak as heck compared to the rest of you), when I was 12. Now I'm 18. Wild.

Well, I only just joined a few days ago. But 12 years ago, I would've been nine. I think that's around the same time I got my first Tamagotchi, too! A purple V1, with purple buttons.

My first ever account was made back in January 2007! (10 years wow) My username was ~*~mametchi2000~*~ (lmao)

I actually recognise a few of these account names and it warms my heart to know we've all kind of grown up together.

You guys were a massive part of my childhood and I had such a good time here when TT was in its peak!

I'll be turning 22 this month and I've just purchased the Tamagotchi Friends.

I love the nostalgia, takes me back to simpler times :p

I've been thinking a lot about older MIA members, it's just pretty crazy to think that there was a time when they closed Tamatalk and never opened it again.

It actually is quite interesting to see that TamaTalk had another dimension of being a gathering place for an entire generation. It surprises me that the forum actually is a partial record of people's lives and not just an eclectic collection of Tamagotchi-centered discussions. It makes is much more interesting to read realizing it is a piece of history. Having hung around the very old parts, I end up thinking of users who are no longer around and also seeing a new side of still active users. It seems the community really becomes apparent in the informal, off-topic forums, which I tend to avoid because I've heard all the opinions before.

For awhile I found this topic to be rather humorous due to how quite a few old users have been popping up. I don't have an old account (heh, in my younger days I would never of thought much could be done with a Tamagotchi) and considering I haven't been on this website for even a year, I'm still somewhat new to it. I did find it a peculiar experience seeing some old user announce they've returned, since I start thinking, "Who are you?".

I've been thinking a lot about older MIA members, it's just pretty crazy to think that there was a time when they closed Tamatalk and never opened it again.
Woah, never knew that happened.

I joined this website almost 11 years ago now. I think this is the longest that I've been a member of any website (second is Neopets lol). Started when I was 9 about to turn 10, now I'm almost 21! TamaTalk was a huge part of my life when I was younger, back when this site was a lot more active I used to spend hours chatting on the forums and there was a big but close-knit community of users. It's kind of sad what happened to this place after the big site revamp however many years back. I still come on sometimes just to see what's up and for the nostalgia. I really do miss this place sometimes!

I've been playing with tamagotchi since 1997, pre-this forum existing. I think I win. ;)

It is indeed crazy! I came on here when I was 11 years old and I am now 22. It feels like I've come back to an old home that I left years ago. this place brings back so many memories, so much has change over the years! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back