InCyberspace

Bobby (one of the first non tamagotchis)

I am sorry to say that without even realising it, Bobby died today. I thought he was going to become a larger Dino but I guess he ran his entire life span. (Baby, Child, Adult).

R.I.P. little dino.

20180525_165828_0_-1.jpg

• Like 2

This pet is most known as "Akachan 1", It uses the "Dragotti" programming, and yes, it is a remanescent of the first tamagotchis, but "Akachan" is a bit better and more original than a dragotti.
This pet is kinda rare, and harder tho obtain than the akachan 2 (that runs with Nano programming, so, it's a fully different pet).
Here' is one, new In package, you can compare that the game in the back of the package is the same (or not), but this pet is a bit too overpriced, tbh isnt that worthy :P

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Akachan-Virtual-Pet-Digital-Tamagachi-Style-ULTRA-RARE-1990s-Classic-USA-Seller/173600383924

Edited by Eryson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey nice find! It works with the same engine as Bonby.  Gotta have that. Thank you!

Posted (edited)

Well would you believe it. Checked my collection I had from the 90's and sure enough, there was an Akachan 1. And yes, it IS Bobby. Except with Bub from Bubble Bobble as his alert icon for no reason at all.

20190426_162927-1.jpg

Nice find! And thank you tk the previous poster Eryson for reminding me this. How I forgot I'll never know. Gonna order some more of these sealed for my wall display! Thanks again!

Edited by InCyberspace
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, InCyberspace said:

Except with Bub from Bubble Bobble as his alert icon for no reason at all.

I love Bubble Bobble, so that is one of the best things that I've seen all day. :lol:

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

I love Bubble Bobble, so that is one of the best things that I've seen all day. :lol:

You and me. Pals for life. Bubble Bobble is one of the best games ever. Including all its spin offs. (RAINBOW ISLANDS, Parasol Stars, Puzzle Bobble etc.) 👍 I figure its a pun... Bub and Bob... Bubby and Bobby... BOBBY! It was trying to tell us for all these years!

Edited by InCyberspace
  • Like 1

I recently found a clone of this pet too, and I swear that it's one of the noisiest pets that I've played in my entire life!!! ahahahahaa
But it's still a very good pet, better than dragotti, and the "corrupting system" (that imposes a limit of how much you can neglect the pet)that it have is pretty nice!
I've did a play Log showing the progress of my pet since the birth until it being completelly corrupted and dying :3

https://www.instagram.com/sonny.vpets/

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The Bobby pets are very needy, especially in baby stage. They beep every 30 seconds or so. I like that strange version posted on there. What's it called, Eryson?

Thanks Eggiweg, I'm purchasing it. :)

This mystery now, is for the most part solved (not entirely, but at least we can find Bobby's under the Akachan 1 brand now!) So, here's a little something for everyone interested to watch on my Youtube Channel. Enjoy, and thank you everyone!

Edited by InCyberspace
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I dont know the brand of mine, because I've bought it used and without packaging 😕
This pet is good, albeit super annoying 🙂
here is the manual of this pet, courtesy of a very kind seller called vintage_textbooks :-3

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Eryson