Bobby (one of the first non tamagotchis)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well would you believe it. Checked my collection I had from the 90's and sure enough, there was an Akachan 1. And yes, it IS Bobby. Except with Bub from Bubble Bobble as his alert icon for no reason at all.

20190426_162927-1.jpg

Nice find! And thank you tk the previous poster Eryson for reminding me this. How I forgot I'll never know. Gonna order some more of these sealed for my wall display! Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Bubble Bobble, so that is one of the best things that I've seen all day. :lol:
You and me. Pals for life. Bubble Bobble is one of the best games ever. Including all its spin offs. (RAINBOW ISLANDS, Parasol Stars, Puzzle Bobble etc.) 👍 I figure its a pun... Bub and Bob... Bubby and Bobby... BOBBY! It was trying to tell us for all these years!

I recently found a clone of this pet too, and I swear that it's one of the noisiest pets that I've played in my entire life!!! ahahahahaa
But it's still a very good pet, better than dragotti, and the "corrupting system" (that imposes a limit of how much you can neglect the pet)that it have is pretty nice!
I've did a play Log showing the progress of my pet since the birth until it being completelly corrupted and dying :3

https://www.instagram.com/sonny.vpets/

The Bobby pets are very needy, especially in baby stage. They beep every 30 seconds or so. I like that strange version posted on there. What's it called, Eryson?

Thanks Eggiweg, I'm purchasing it. :)

This mystery now, is for the most part solved (not entirely, but at least we can find Bobby's under the Akachan 1 brand now!) So, here's a little something for everyone interested to watch on my Youtube Channel. Enjoy, and thank you everyone!

[Edit by Penguin-keeper: I'm terribly sorry, InCyberspace, but due to the profanity at the end of the video, the embed can't stay here. Though I know that it was meant in "typical British humour" fashion and was not intended to be offensive to anyone, I've had to remove it due to TamaTalk's rules.]

I dont know the brand of mine, because I've bought it used and without packaging 😕
This pet is good, albeit super annoying 🙂
here is the manual of this pet, courtesy of a very kind seller called vintage_textbooks :-3

s-l1600.jpg

20200319-125354.jpg

As can be seen here, the original Bobby I had from Ely's Toys in 1997 is actually not identical to the one I ordered on Ebay.

Notable Differences are: 

New one has a darker shade of blue.

The cracked egg effect is closer to a real Gen 1 and Gen 2 on the new one.

The background screen picture on the new one is a flowery one, not a mountain scape.

The new one also has straight horizontal lines like a classic gen 1 and gen 2, not jagged zig zags. 

The back of the new one has a different screw type a little smaller than the original one I have. 

The overall shape of the new one is closer to gen 1 and gen 2s. 

I will add other differences when they are both active together.

Latest posts

Back