Sign in to follow this  
Nanunanu

Broken tamagotchi screen

I only had a fairy pink so I bought a tamagotchi magic green and I opened it up and put some new batteries in and turned it on but then this is what the screen looked like?! 

img_20200816_103922.jpg?w=768

wp-1597588855975.jpg

There are white, green ,red ,yellow, and purple lines all over the screen and a big black spot in the center?! I have no idea why it would've come like this? I already bought the magic purple as a replacement. Really annoying I had to waste $60  on a broken tama😒 

Edited by Nanunanu

Seems like a manufacture issue, I would recommend you turn it back and get a new one!   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That big black spot is the LCD (liquid crystal display) "bleeding" - this device has been dropped and damaged, with it taking the impact in the location where the spot is. Definitely take it up with the vendor and get them to replace it - you absolutely shouldn't have to waste $60 on broken goods!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Penguin-keeper said:

That big black spot is the LCD (liquid crystal display) "bleeding" - this device has been dropped and damaged, with it taking the impact in the location where the spot is. Definitely take it up with the vendor and get them to replace it - you absolutely shouldn't have to waste $60 on broken goods!

Wow!! Ok thanks!

• Like 2

This reminds me of this! But yours seems worse tho! :(

Edited by Tacoburritotchi

17 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

Definitely take it up with the vendor and get them to replace it - you absolutely shouldn't have to waste $60 on broken goods!

I second this, the retailer will replace it for you :)

• Like 2

Hello! May I ask if your broken Tamagotchi got replaced?

On 8/16/2020 at 6:59 AM, Nanunanu said:

I only had a fairy pink so I bought a tamagotchi magic green and I opened it up and put some new batteries in and turned it on but then this is what the screen looked like?! 

img_20200816_103922.jpg?w=768

wp-1597588855975.jpg

There are white, green ,red ,yellow, and purple lines all over the screen and a big black spot in the center?! I have no idea why it would've come like this? I already bought the magic purple as a replacement. Really annoying I had to waste $60  on a broken tama😒 

Hello! May I ask if your broken Tamagotchi got replaced?