Sign in to follow this  
mimitchi ^o^

Custom Shell Designs? :)

Has anyone ever made their own custom shells? How did they turn out? :D  

image0.png

I drew up these designs for shells I'd like to make one day! Im actually currently working on making the middle one right now, but its nowhere near done yet! :3

• Like 11

Oh these are so cute! I have the paints, but no design yet. ;(

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eggiweg said:

Oh these are so cute! I have the paints, but no design yet. ;(

I'd love to brainstorm something up with you if you need help thinking of a design! ^_^  Which of your pets are you thinking about repainting?

Edited by mimitchi ^o^
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, mimitchi ^o^ said:

I'd love to brainstorm something up with you if you need help thinking of a design! ^_^  Which of your pets are you thinking about repainting?

I've got some V2 bootleg shells I'm thinking of painting. If they turn out nice I might swap in the guts of another tama.

• Like 6

Wow your designs are so cute! I love the baby pink and blue one, but my favorite is the alien one! It would be sick if you could 3D-print new shells... I have yet to paint a tamagotchi but I've always wanted to. My little cousin painted her digimon and its super cute.

• Like 5

maybe I should use some of these for my Tamagotchi fan made app (with your agreement of course)

Edited by LucidLyes
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Hapihapitchi said:

It would be sick if you could 3D-print new shells

I know, right?! I looked online for pre-made 3D models of Tamagotchi shells because my school has a 3D printer and I was thinking about printing one and painting that, but I cant find a 3D modeled shell anywhere online :(

2 minutes ago, LucidLyes said:

maybe I should use some of these for my Tamagotchi fan made app.

!!!! That would be so awesome!! I'd be honored if you did. ^___^

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mimitchi ^o^ said:

!!! That would be so awesome!! I'd be honored if you did. ^___^

Well, I'm still working on the basic functionalities but when I'm done I'll remember to come back here. 

Edited by LucidLyes
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Hapihapitchi said:

Wow your designs are so cute! I love the baby pink and blue one, but my favorite is the alien one! It would be sick if you could 3D-print new shells... I have yet to paint a tamagotchi but I've always wanted to. My little cousin painted her digimon and its super cute.

18 hours ago, mimitchi ^o^ said:

I know, right?! I looked online for pre-made 3D models of Tamagotchi shells because my school has a 3D printer and I was thinking about printing one and painting that, but I cant find a 3D modeled shell anywhere online :(

Not quite the same, but someone tried to cast some resin tama shells before.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, mizutamatchiman said:

How do you go about painting shells?

The one i'm working on was a Zebra-print V3 I've had for years, it's been played with so much that the stripes were almost all worn off lol. I used 100% Acetone to remove the rest of the factory paint, sanded the shell down, and I'm currently using enamel paints to repaint it. I sprayed the shell with an enamel spray paint twice, and now I'm currently working on details with a paintbrush and the little glass jars of enamel paint. :) Oh and I removed all the insides first of course! 

43 minutes ago, mizutamatchiman said:

Could you drop the bases you used for your designs in .png or .psd?

All I did was use the selection tool on an image of a V3 on procreate! But I can make a template quickly for those that want one :3 

Edit: Here's a little template I quickly outlined of a V3 Shell :3

image0.png

Edited by mimitchi ^o^
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, mizutamatchiman said:

How do you go about painting shells? This is such a cool idea!
Could you drop the bases you used for your designs in .png or .psd? @mimitchi ^o^

Just like mimitchi's advice, sand it down, spray it with some primer, and then you can use whatever medium you want to paint it. Some options are: enamel paints, acrylic paints (try to use model paints which are thinner), POSCA paint pens, UV resin, nail polish, glitter, stickers. You can seal it with some clear coat or other sealant.

Edited by Eggiweg
  • Like 2

oh man i remember me and my brother tried to do a custom shell once on a v4 using nail polish and sharpie... it turned out BAD. i wish i had pics of it cuz that poor v4 was so miserable to look at (the broken screen and missing battery cover didn't help LMAO)

this kind of reminds me tho, i remember a while back when the tamago was still popular, there were a lot of people making custom paper faceplates for it. i think theres a template for it somewhere, and all you gotta do is print it and cut it out. so that kind of counts as customizing lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, PurplePyonkotchi00! said:

oh man i remember me and my brother tried to do a custom shell once on a v4 using nail polish and sharpie... it turned out BAD. i wish i had pics of it cuz that poor v4 was so miserable to look at (the broken screen and missing battery cover didn't help LMAO)

this kind of reminds me tho, i remember a while back when the tamago was still popular, there were a lot of people making custom paper faceplates for it. i think theres a template for it somewhere, and all you gotta do is print it and cut it out. so that kind of counts as customizing lol

I love seeing people's childhood customs, imo it makes the tama really special even though they usually turn out a bit on the not-so-aesthetic side. The tama-GO faceplate is really easy to remove and replace, but you can also do this with the new colour models as well!

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Penguin-keeper
      Back in the 1990s, I collected LCD game-watches and character-themed digital watches, and I always dreamed of buying a watch-format Tamagotchi to go with them. Though other competing brands offered watch virtual pets, Bandai did not - they only licensed out the Tamagotchi livery for use on themed versions of standard analogue and digital watches. So, 23 years later, I've decided to make my own;

Presenting the "Tamawatchi"!
      Though the name "Tamawatchi" was officially used for a line of Tamagotchi-themed non-virtual pet watches in, I believe, the Connection era, back in 1997 I always imagined it as the name that they would use for a watch version of the iconic virtual pet.
      Since this was based on an imagined product from my childhood, I specifically wanted a very 1990s look for this project, so that it would fit in with the watches that I have from that era. So, I purchased the newly-released bright-green Neon Tamagotchi Original Gen 1 and a dark-green fabric watch-strap on Amazon UK, since the two combined gave me exactly the look that I wanted.

As with my "Tamagotchi Pinny" custom project, I attached brooch-bars to the back of the device using Gorilla Super Glue. Since I've got past experience now, the back of this one looks a lot tidier - not that it matters too much, since it won't be seen when it's in use. I used three brooch-bars so as to evenly distribute the weight of the device when it's attached to its strap (two are on the battery-door, and one is at the top of the device itself), although unlike the Tamagotchi Pinny, the Tamawatchi is a bit too heavy to wear as a pin. Also, unfortunately, for this project, I had to remove the iconic ball-chain, because on a watch it would just get in the way!
      There are better ways of making a Tamagotchi into a watch, but since I handle my things carefully, this quick-and-easy method will hold up just fine for my use-case.

Here's the Tamawatchi with a 1990s Tamagotchi Fantasy Dome bubble-watch. The Tamawatchi doesn't look especially out-of-place, which I'm happy about.
      If Bandai ever makes an official watch-format Tamagotchi, I'll be right there pre-ordering one at the earliest opportunity, but for now, at least I finally have some semblance of the "Tamawatchi" that I always wanted to own.
    • By Penguin-keeper
      This custom wearable 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi Mini - which I've named the "Tamagotchi Pinny" - was the result of a couple of my interests colliding. One of the other things that I collect aside from virtual pets is pins, and back in the 1990s I also collected LCD-game wrist-watches and always wondered why Bandai never made a wrist-watch version of the Tamagotchi - after all, the "gotch" part of the brand-name partly comes from the word "watch"! (Other manufacturers did make virtual pets in watch format, but Bandai themselves did not - they only licensed out the Tamagotchi branding for several different types of non-virtual pet watch.)
      After seeing a picture of a Tamagotchi Mini that had been turned into a ring, this musing about wearable virtual pets resulted in a random decision to create a wearable Tamagotchi of my own. So I picked up a 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi Mini in purple, and I went for it. I almost decided to try this with one of the Tamagotchi Original reissues, but I stuck with the Mini because it's small and light, which is important for its use as a pin, and because it's a low-maintenance virtual pet, which just felt like the right choice for this project.

I used multiple layers of Gorilla Super Glue to attach two brooch-bars to the battery cover, and a tie-tack to the clasp part of the ball-chain. The gluing looks hideous and untidy from the back, but it's also very secure and solid. Nobody will see the back when it's in use, anyway!

Here's how it looks on my Tamagotchi lanyard.

And here's how it looks on a wrist-strap. This isn't a proper watch-strap, but rather a thin charm-bracelet strap - I might get a proper strap for it at a later date, though I prefer the idea of wearing it as a pin so this isn't a priority right now. I left the ball-chain removeable for this purpose, regardless.
      I'm really happy with how the Tamagotchi Pinny turned out, and I'm looking forward to wearing it at geeky get-togethers in the future. And if I can get an appropriate watch-strap, I might still make that Tamagotchi Original "Tamawatchi" yet!
    • By Tamacass
      Check it out! A typical Tamagotchi log!
      I've been actually excited about running a Tamagotchi recently, and I've been wanting to blog it! This will feature conversations between myself and fictional portrayals of the tamas I'm raising (with portraits drawn by yours truly - apologies to @anasmilkbar, I'm totally ripping you off), similar to my previous logs, so if you're not too interested you can easily skip forward.

~・・*・・~
      𝕄𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕔 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣/𝕍𝟞
      I started it up a few days ago, continuing on from a previous generation (now on 4th). I'm currently raising Cabaret, a Kuromametchi! I unfortunately don't have photos on me at this point in time, oops. I'll list his stats:
      Age: 2 Gender: Boy Weight: 38 Lbs. Stats: Full Instrument: Microphone Band Name: F1 FHART Pro debut: No Star Rank: 999th(!) ~・・*・・~
          Hey, that's not the name of my band. You dunce.
          I'm not the one who misspelled it.
          Also, I would give anything if it meant not seeing your face.
          Gee, thanks.
          I mean, I don't think you're usually a red, mutated Kuchitamatchi. That arm is freaking me out.
          Your entire life is a lie, you live in a plastic shell. Anyway, shouldn't you be preparing for your eventual pro debut?
          I guess. F1 CHARTs' not gonna take off without me.
          Certainly won't take off with a name like F1 FHART, either.
          Hey!
          Kidding, I'm kidding! I'm busy at the moment, you, uh... continue practicing your amazing singing skills.
          I've trained for this very moment.
          Just for a practice session?
          Hitting high notes and low notes in quick succession is excruciating, y'know.
          Count yourself lucky. I can't sing. In fact, I don't even play an instrument. You are an escape for me and my lacking musical abilities.
          Good. Suffer.

That's all for now!  Thanks for reading my dudes, I'll be back tonight with a few photos ❤️
      -Tamacass
    • By leogames2012
      Some Ugly art For Mametchi....
    • By Bossalyn
      Come share your tamagotchi fan-art! Whether it's from Majoritchi to Fairytchi, post it here! Make sure it is your own art, no art theft please. ❤️
    • By Arissu
      Hello to everyone Interested  
      So this is a little idea i had, instead of making fan art of the base characters, what about making art of YOUR pet?
      I will try to draw all the characters i had since my 2nd Tamagotchi generation alongside the pictrue of the original tama i had with the name i gave it.

You all are more than welcome to add your own
      there are no special rules, just add your drawing+the original and the name you gave it
         any art style is welcome!
                                                                ~~~♥
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Edit: i decided to add a quick "how to" to anyone who might not know how to post a picture.
      the way i did it is just going to Imgur i created an upload (as a guest, i didn't register at first) 
      then i selected the pictures from my pc to upload and after it was done i just clicked copy on the picture and pasted it in my reply.
      also if you want to use the "attachment" option you can go on google and look for "picture compressor"
      this will make any picture you try to attatch smaller in size so it won't exceed the size limit.