Im scared!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meowbark

September 2008 Contest Winner
Reaction score
You know how every last stupid 12-13 year old has to get a shot? Well I have to get one, I am scared to death of needles but do my parents care? NO, its the Tecnius (SP?) shot, those hurt badly and I hate them!

just take the pain. It will only hurt 4 a couple of minutes. I had to get a shot at school 2 yrs ago and I was the only one that didn't complain. If you think an injection hurts, try getting a cricket ball in the face. IT HURTS!

Tetanus?

It's also called Lock Jaw... for good reason... the pain you suffer from Tetanus is so intense you end up grimacing with fear and pain.... hence "lock jaw"

Take the shot - over and done in about 30 seconds - and you can eat a ton of salty potato chips to cheer you up afterwards :D

....or the opportunity to catch a horrible fever from something as simple as a little infected scratch that will give you hours and hours of writhing in pain... and no chance to eat salty potato chips

No contest... :p

its alright i did that last year the pain does not last that long just close your eyes tight im scared of needless too :D i know how u feel :p

maybe you should take deep breaths or think of the the people you hate in there undies dancing in the snow or happy thoughts

Wow, me too, some time in the summer I think.

But I'm actually excited! This could mean something new for me - getting shots and not crying or feeling faint.

Just close your eyes, and talk about something like an animal or a subject you really like. Clear your mind and get needles out of your head. :D

Good luck!

oh, well... erm i actualy like shots... kinda

not like drug shots (XE)

i got my tetn. shot and 2 other ones- i started to crack up.

yeah, wierd 0.0

but dont worry, my friend is so scared of shots, she complained about them 1 week before she got them- and shes 14.

ur not alone- just dont bug ur friends about it XD

lol

I don't fear the shots. They make me giggle. 0_o'

Try looking away as soon as the nurse puts the needle in. If you aren't watching, the pain won't seem as bad. Trust me. :eek:

And look at what TamaMum said. Why risk Tetanus if it's just a few minutes of pain?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, don't think about it.

Just as long as you don't get yours in your back like I did. It hurt... like... really bad.

just take the pain. It will only hurt 4 a couple of minutes. I had to get a shot at school 2 yrs ago and I was the only one that didn't complain. If you think an injection hurts, try getting a cricket ball in the face. IT HURTS!
sorry it's kind of getting off-topic but....

I GOT HIT WITH A PING-PONG BALL IN THE FACE! HARD! WITH FORCE!

in gym class

i would squeeze someone's hand while they're injecting you...it works for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know how every last stupid 12-13 year old has to get a shot? Well I have to get one, I am scared to death of needles but do my parents care? NO, its the Tecnius (SP?) shot, those hurt badly and I hate them!
Meowbark, one needle is nothing compared to getting Tetanus Clostridium. The disease will have your muscles locked in one position so you can't move and can't even open your mouth. Have a read and look at the pictures: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetanus

I feel sorry for you. I can't believe you have ot get a shot! My sister is one year before that age, so she has one year of peace untill she gets that shot! Luckily, I only had to get a shot for Kindergarden. I didn't cry, I remember my sister crying though :) Good luck ..on the ..shot..

//TamaPATCHI

Thanks for making me feel better.....
I just cant take to get Shots, I screamt loudly last time it happened
I have to get a shot on Febuary 9 all 8th graders in my school do, When i got a shot in grade for i was like "Eeeeek!" then i fainted! XD But i dont usually faint anymore unless i see alot of blood. Once at the dentist i fainted and i was all weird and i called my sis a pokemon character i was like "AAAh its Profeser oak!" and she was like "...ok"

I hate shots too. It's not the pain of the shot I hate, it's the fact that someone else is inflicting it upon me. The fact that they do it even if you tell them no really irks me.

It is definitely a necessary thing, though, and it is over in less than a few seconds. I'd MUCH rather have an innnoculation than the disease it is protecting you against. ;)

When I have to get a shot or have blood drawn...or worse yet, an IV inserted....I talk to the people who are doing it. Seriously. It helps immensely if you can get them into a conversation with you about something you like. This way, I'm not sitting there thinking, "Oh...they're rubbing my arm. They're getting ready to stick me. Ow...that was sharp! It must've been the shot...oh...no.....it was just a fingernail. Oh boy, this is going to hurt even worse now..." and so forth. :D Just start yapping at them, and it will be done quite quickly. ^_^

Well where I am we don't get the Tetnus Jab until 9th grade.

When I got a jab at school for Hep B the boy in front of me was pretending to cream and acting like it hurt. (Pretending) And I started crying. XD Everyone was real nice about it though.

Injections can hurt. i had one when i was 6. they had to do it twice coz the first time they did it it went wrong but after the first 1 i couldnt feel the pain of the second 1.

I havnt had a lot of injections but i have scars all over my hands from tem when i was born.(i cant really rember them)

-xb :)

I don't fear the shots. They make me giggle. 0_o'
Try looking away as soon as the nurse puts the needle in. If you aren't watching, the pain won't seem as bad. Trust me. :)

And look at what TamaMum said. Why risk Tetanus if it's just a few minutes of pain?
When I pluck my Eyebrows I giggle.....

Just close your eyes really tight and count to ten in your head and you won't feel a thing :eek:

Ive had 2 tetinus jabs, One when I was a baby and one when my hamster bit me.

Good Luck MB! :D

Aimme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back