{ circus du macabre }

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaiser turned back around and looked at each person in the group individually. He knew he shouldn't stay, but this was his favorite circus, with each of his favorite performers standing in front of him. He took a deep breath, and loosely let it out. "Alright.. I'll stay." he nervously smiled, glancing at Lucinda and taking her hand for the tour. "I'd love to see everything, if you don't mind." he said quietly, bringing his eyes down to the floor in yet another nervous manner. "Oh, uh," Kaiser stuttered, taking Giselle's hand as well. "I'll help you."

"Ah, danke." Klaus nodded, squinting his eyes slightly and inspecting the leather-bound book with slight curiosity. "Vith this sunlight, I'm sure I vill. Horrendous." he snorted, rustling in his back pocket to dig out a metallic fountain pen. He soon began scrawling his name on an empty page, writing a small worded note underneath it appointed to the young male. "To Kai.." he mumbled, tilting his head off to the side in thought when finishing up the signing. His cursive was neat and precise, which was pretty surprising considering the condition he was in currently. He stood there patiently, watching the black ink soak into the thin paper carefully before closing it. It had been a while since he had signed his name completely, he typically was known for being the Firebreather of the show. He need not sign documents nor was he ever asked for autographs often, only time he did from what he can remember was when he was taken in years back. When he had to sign the for life contract and devote every breathing second to the circus. "There." Klaus said, handing it over to Cain next. "Now, on ve go." he clapped, sauntering forward a bit and glancing at the three holding hands. "Ve vill show you everything you vant, you should consider yourself lucky you ended up vith us. I vould say ve are the loveliest group out of the entire show."

Silent as usual, Cain accepted the leather Lund bunch of pages, carefully opening to a blank page, but he stared at the page for a moment. Quickly, he patted down his pockets, searching for a pen, but he found that he had none. Not surprising really. He rarely needed to write anything, so he never carried a pen. Besides, the tended to dig into his flesh whenever he sat or bent down, and he didn't like pens prodding his upper thighs and/or butt. Still, though, he felt incredibly stupid for not having a pen or some other writing utensil. He looked at Klaus for a moment before deciding that he didn't want to ask him for his pen, though, upon thinking about it, he had never written with a fountain pen (Klaus' pen was a fountain pen, right?) and he didn't want his first attempt with one to be in some kid's autograph book. So, he turned his attention away from the firebreather and to Lucinda, noticing that she was walking away and quickly trotting to catch up. "P-Pen...?" He stammered, the word quieter than his greeting to Klaus had been, his cheeks growing to gentle pink.

Honestly, Cain wanted to just crawl back to his pile of pillows in the corner of his trailer and silently sleep the rest of the day away. He didn't want to be out here with some random fan. Fans had such high expectations of him and he didn't feel as though he lived up to them, and that saddened him. He wondered how many people came to see him perform only to find that he wasn't as great as people cracked him up to be. Just how many people had he let down? How many people walked away saying "man, that illusionist kid was such a disappointment"? He chewed nervously on his lower lip, as he often did when nervous, his teeth tearing at the scabs and then, once removed, into the sensitive flesh beneath. Cain always had some sort of scab on either his lower lip or on the skin below, caused by his nervous chewing. Generally, the wounds his teeth created never healed, instead they grew infected and festered until he treated it, only to get infected again sometime after the treatment ended. For a while, though, he'd been trying to quit, but he often forgot that fact until he drew blood. Once he tasted blood, he would remember and stop, but he was too nervous now to really notice the small amounts of blood escaping from the wound on his lip and into his mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Giselle smiled in Kaiser's direction. "Why thank you very much," she said gratefully. "It is very nice to know that chivalry is not dead these days. Besides many of the male workers here, men seem to have forgotten what etiquette is." Then she said to Klaus, "I have to agree, mon ami. There are some members of this show who are far less.. pleasant, I should say, than us. They have it in their heads that they are God's gift to performance." She laughed lightly, giving Kai's hand a gentle squeeze. "But we are probably the most cohesive group here, darling. Now, what would you like to see first?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back