A poem I submitted for a contest.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz!

Reaction score
Yeah..

Seasons

Freezing cold wintry nights,

Even colder days.

Children cooped up in their house,

Keeping the chills away.

Looking through the frosty panes

At the barren trees.

Waiting for the buds to burst

And the end to the wintry freeze.

Cool refreshing showers,

Bright, clear, starry nights.

Children running in the sun

Marveling at the flowers bright.

Runny noses and watery eyes.

Hay fever strikes again!

Itchy pollen in the air-

Cant wait for Spring to end.

Hot, still, Summer nights,

Dry, crisp, Summer days.

Children playing in the pool,

Splashing the heat away.

Crickets chirp and mosquitoes buzz.

Sleep seems never to come.

Dying plants and melting ice-cream,

Summer quickly loses its fun.

Not too hot and not too cold,

Autumn is finally here.

The sun has faded

And the snows up north-

It’s the perfect time of year!

The golden leaves fall from the branches,

And are carried on the breeze.

To rest in piles on the ground

And wait for the wintry freeze.

Yeah, I am getting $100. Not much, but its good for a primary school competition.

At first, I thought it must of taken a lot of talent, practice and heart to complete this poem. If there was anything you should do, it would be to take writing as a hobby. I promise that you will earn a LOT of money for your reward.

By the way, Spring is an awesome season, Fall is too cold :) I'm challenging you.

Congratulations! I won a contest like that, but you won $$! You are lucky. They put mine in a book somewhere, no one ever bothers to read the school library anyway xP.

Im really happy for you Lizzy xD. Like I have mentioned before (I think...) I appreciate your style of writing, and this poem deserves to be published somewhere xD.

Ttly (Why do I talk like that? No more.) Yeah, I love her writing. I always get writers block, and her stuff always catches my eye. I dont read alot of the stuff on here, so I always appreciate something readable.

I got awesome news! On Saturday I am going up to The University Of Sydney(three hours away from Canberra *sniff sniff* and I have to read my poem there...

Lucky xD

I dont travel much, good luck though. I am sure everyone will love it, maybe not as much as I did... but... Teehee.

Random fact #17: Saturday is my second favorite day of the week, following Wednesday.

I won $100 for 2nd place at a spelling bee!
They really should have paid you more, but oh well! It's good, anyways, right, and that's what counts!
What??? I only got 25$ for winning first in the spelling bee!!!!!

Ok anyway, poem. EXCELLENT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay, it's so great!!! I loved reading it!!!!

Latest posts

Back