A Question

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redtama

Reaction score
Okay,

I have this problem, I play Flute for 6th grade band(now) but I want to do Trombone for 7th grade. My grandma says I'll mix up Flute notes w/ Trombone notes.

QUESTIONS FOR....

Flutist who changed to Trombone.

Trombonist who changed to Flute.

You will get mixed up in the beggining, but then you'll get used to the different notes eventually.

I played piano, violin, and the recorder at the same time. I could only handle two, so I refused to play recorder. XD

EDIT: I never played the insturment you listed though...

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on how long you played flute. The flute is different from the trombone.

You'll be out, into beginner band and you'll learn all the trombone notes all over again.

I don't think you'll mix 'em up.

^^ I'm a trombonist, and I can say that you probably will mix up the notes AT FIRST...but you will soon get used to it. I mean, hey, french horns have to worry about bass clef and treble clef all the time, so if they can play fine, so can you! :( :D

Chatterbox

I don't think the transition would be too hard. I've played a few instruments myself without too much problem.

What you could do is try to take some trombone lessons over the Summer so you're used to the feel and new music by the time 7th grade rolls around.

I don't think the transition would be too hard. I've played a few instruments myself without too much problem.
What you could do is try to take some trombone lessons over the Summer so you're used to the feel and new music by the time 7th grade rolls around.
Mr.Hanna(My band teacher) said there will be special lessons.

@CB:

French Horns use both Treble and Bass Clef? :D Sounds hard.

@Disturbed:

I played the Flute for a month, and i'm not trying to brag, but I know my notes. Flute is a pretty easy instrument. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back