A Tama Tale

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemti

Reaction score
I stumbled upon a topic in the Seriously Tamagotchi forum. It was telling about how a Tama named Aaron had lived to be 145 tama years old. He died from neglect, not of old age - and I actually found the log of one person who is trying to get a Tama older than that. I decided it would be fun to try that - but I like my Tama's to raise more generations. So I decided, hey...why not try to raise the oldest Angelgotchi? (Ok, ok, Tamagotchi Angel - I have the US version.) You may wonder what the difference is. Well, Angelgotchi can't breed and actually does die of old age. So I'm wondering how long I can keep an Angel going.

The catch is I can't pause, because it has to be actual age. But Angel only has the A-and-C pause mode, so I think I'll most likely be pausing and just not changing the time. I can't take it to school anyway, tamas are banned and anyway Angels are expensive.

Right now I have Angel on what's similar to the egg stage, except it's actually a spaceship, like the death screen for the Tama versions from the 90's. While I wait for her to "hatch" I'll explain Angelgotch, so those of you who don't have one understand what I'm talking about.

First is the screen. It's smaller than the newer ones (the whole tama is actually) and so only has 8 icons. There is a large star and a smaller star in the background. There is no infra-red.

Now the icons. Health Meter's screens are Hunger & Happiness (it actually says "Effort", but whatever), then Age & AP (Angel Power. I will explain this later), and Deed Meter (again, will explain later).

After that is Food. You can feed Pie (meal) or Candy (snack). Candy doesn't work like snacks on the more recent versions, in the way that it doesn't give Happiness / Effort. It gives Angel AP instead. High AP means better characters. More about AP later. Also, sometimes when you feed Angel candy, a bat comes and tries to take it. You have to tap the side of the egg to scare it away.

Then there's Game. There's only one game, like all the 90's tamas. It's the Shooting Stars game, and you press the A or B button to make your Angel jump over them. There are 5, and if you jump over three or more Angel gets a happy heart or two.

Toilet is the same.

Praise is the next icon. Sometimes Angel prays or does good deeds (looks at you and smiles, actually) and you have to praise it. Praising raises the AP. There is no beep when Angel does a good deed or prays, unless it is an adult, but it does poop right after so you know if you missed it. This is also used when Angel goes on a walk (see below).

Medicine is the same.

Light is mostly the same. But if you turn the lights off when Angel is awake, it gets sick or even dies. So I will have to be careful with that one.

Attention is the same.

Sometimes Angel goes on a stroll. There's nothing on the screen (a door on the Japanese ones) and the Attention icon is lit. So you select the Praise icon, press B, and tap on the side of the egg so Angel will come back. It comes back doing special animations, like lifting weights. Depends on the character.

OK, Angel "hatched" while I was typing all this. She is now a Babitchi spirit (Obaketchi 2), like a little blob with a tail and halo. After 80 minutes she will evolve into Maruten, the child stage. I haven't hatched Angel for a while so I don't remember what Maruten looks like. I'll update on that later.

Oh, and I have a V4 going right now too. I will write in blue for it and regular black for Angel.

I have the Ocean Swirls V4 (or something like that. Blue with white ocean waves on the side...that's how it looks) and it's currently housing Generation 1. It's a girl named Gemti (like my username :lol: ) who was a Mohitamatchi in her child stage and is now 1 year old, a Young Dorotchi. She has 2 training bars, and skill points are 5/8/3. I don't like raising skill heehee.

I will try to write again tomorrow, or whenever Angel evolves.

Angel has evolved into Maruten, the child stage. It looks like a little Marutchi with wings and a halo and it sort of hops around the screen. I don't particularly like the way it smiles (it's kinda a creepy stalker smile) but I can live with it for a day or two.

She is one year old, as a result of the nap she took as Obaketchi 2. I paused her last night because I knew I was going to be sleeping in. I have to remember to look up what time Maruten wakes up, but I'm guessing it would be around 8 AM? Not sure though.

Anyway...she has not called for praise a single time yet, but her AP is at 50. I believe that's Maruten's maximum AP, and I want to keep it as high as possible so I can get a good character. The good characters always live longer, and I don't like it when Tama's die anyway...I had nightmares as a child for about a week after a Tama died. Overreaction, I know, but I'm quite attached to my Tama's :mellow: I don't feel so bad when Angels die, because they have to - they can't mate and produce more generations - but you know? I still don't like it.

The Good Deeds meter is at the 25% it begins with, since like I said Angel has not asked to be praised yet. I fed it some candy to raise its AP, but this did not affect the meter...I guess it's like the training meter? Wow it really shows just how long it's been since I played with Angelgotch :lol:

Oh, and when I fed it some candy, once a bat came along and tried to steal it. I tapped the side of the egg and the bat went away...I remembered to do that much at least. I hear you can also shout to make the bat go away, but I'm not sure my parents would understand if I suddenly started shouting at a little egg-shaped toy.

Gemti is asleep as I type this. Her stats are: Full on both Hunger and Happiness, 4 training bars, skill points 26/15/9, still 1 year, and 41 lbs. I haven't bothered to lower her weight since it doesn't affect V4s as far as I know. I wanted to buy a Music Star but decided not to when I found out that if they get too heavy they die. I am so lazy haha.

It turns out Maruten wakes up at 8 AM and goes to bed at 8 PM. She is 2 years old at the moment, and she just called for praise so her Good Deeds Meter is at 50% now.

Her AP is still at 50, occasionally it dips a little below that but I'm feeding her lots of candy so it's mostly at 50 or the high 40's. Oh, and I haven't seen the bat since yesterday, which is kind of odd with all the candy Angel's getting. Ah well.

She is about an hour behind my time due to pausing, so I expect that by tonight she'll be about 90 minutes behind? Not too bad anyway.

She hasn't taken a stroll yet, but I am keeping a close eye on her. I have to anyway, since she doesn't beep for praise. I've researched a bit and found that she will change today or tomorrow.

Gemti now has 6 training bars. Her skill points are 26/18/9, and she is 2 years old today. She is 56 lbs.

She has been connecting with my sister's Tamagotchi and now has two potential mates: Tom (V4.5, a Young Mametchi) and Cake (V3, a Nikatchi). (Don't ask about Cake's name - I had named a character on my V4 Milk, but it reset by accident.)

I've been busy the last few days and haven't had much time to play with Angel. Especially since I have to keep an eye on her all the time in case she asks for praise or goes for a stroll. Speaking of which, she still hasn't strolled.

Current health meter screens:

AP: 50

Good Deeds Meter: 50% (she has asked for praise again)

Hungry: 3/4 (she's asleep now, so not much I can do about it)

Happy: 4/4

I've had a little more time to play with Gemti, because she at least beeps when she needs praise. :) She is three years old today, and has just morphed into a Pukatchi!

Her training bars are currently at 8/9, but I've found that adults usually don't ask for discipline, so I guess it'll stay there.

Her skill points are 26/18/13. Needless to say, she will not be getting a job. She will probably be paused a little more than usual these next few days, because I need to wait for Tom or Cake to grow up.

Well, after waking up today, Maruten almost immediately morphed into Kodoten, the healthy teen character. She is very cute, although the happy and sad animations are almost identical...that kinda irks me, but oh well. I looked it up. Apparently Kodoten sleeps during the same hours Maruten does: 8 PM to 8 AM. She still will not beep for praise, and will go on more walks than Maruten. That sounds nice. I've never had an Angel go on a walk before (although I usually go for unhealthy characters, so I don't pay attention to it and may have missed it) and I hope Kodoten does now that she is a teenager.

The website I visited also said that Kodoten's maximum AP is 60, but I gave her candy and it stayed at 50, so I believe that is her actual max AP. It's relatively high, anyway, so it'll probably get me a good adult character. I don't even remember who the best adult character is, because the last time I started up Angel I had been going for Lucky Unchi-Kun (you have to leave it alone for a week and not press any buttons) but ended up with Devilitchi (the worst adult character). Think it had something to do with that one time I gave it medication when it was sick. Ah well.

Kodoten went for a walk yesterday, and another one today. She comes back lifting weights...hehe, it's very cute.

I noticed that when she evolved her Deeds meter went down to 25%, but she's asked for praise twice and so it's now 75%. She's been very quiet today...

After looking up an Angelgotchi growth chart today, I've found that Kodoten can turn into two adult characters. There's Ginjirotenshi (comes from poor care) and Kuriten (comes from good care). Kuriten can also evolve into twin angels (whose names I can't remember...I'll get 'em later) if I continue on with the perfect care. I *love* ancestor tama's...your care actually makes a visible difference in the character, as opposed to the newer versions where you can take perfect care and STILL get a Tarakotchi...

Kodoten morphed today! She became Kuriten, AKA the "Chestnut Angel". The animations are really very cute...except for the "eating" one, it looks like she's stooping down a bit. But who cares!

She is now 4 years old. Her maximum AP is 80, so I've raised it to that, hoping for the twin angels. She is full on everything at the moment. Oh, and her Deeds meter has dropped back to 25%. But as she is now an adult, she will finally BEEP FOR PRAISE! Yay yay yay! So I won't have to watch her as much. I will have to try and catch her on a walk though, I want to see what animation she does when she comes back. (She won't beep when she leaves on a walk, at least I don't think so.)

My sister hasn't had very much time to play with Tom, so Gemti is still paused while he grows up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't posted for a while. Kuriten is 5 now. These last few days have been uneventful...I can tell you that she asked for praise once and went on two walks. The praise animation is kind of weird...it's her going back and forth between the normal pose and the 'eating' pose. Oh, and she has stars around herself...

I called her back from her first walk. She got really ticked off and it played the 'unhappy' sound. The animation was freaky (it looked like her arms had been cut off!) so I didn't call her back from her second walk.

AP is 80, Deeds Meter is 50%, and - oh. She just called for praise again! Deeds Meter is at 75% now, and she is full on both Hungry and Happy.

I will post about Gemti later; I have to go now.

Well! I certainly got a surprise today. Gemti got a [!] mail and went to a job interview. (I have been running her since Tom had a battery problem.) She actually got a job! She works at the bank. Her skill points are 36/24/17. The mini-game is like V3's "Get", only with coins.

As for Kuriten. Her Deeds Meter is now at 100% and she has not called for praise since. I wonder if she will ask for more than 100%, like Mesu & Osu do? Oh well, I'll find out.

I forgot to mention that she now sleeps from 9 PM to 8 AM. That's good with me - if I ever manage to get Angel on real time then she'll be asleep before I am. I once had a character on V2 that didn't go to bed until 11 PM! Umm excuse me but I have school. But that's a different story...

The website I checked said that if I am going to get a secret character, it will be between the ages of 7-9. She might change a little earlier, but it's not likely. So if she turns 10 and doesn't change I know I won't get a secret character. I really do hope she becomes the twins though.

The oldest-living Angelgotchi (that I could find on the Internet, anyway) died at age 39, without any pausing of course. Apparently they rarely live past 20, but if they do, they live FOREVER. Or so it seems, anyway, because they do get awfully needy when they're older...

Not a lot has happened since I last posted...I've had to pause Kuriten a lot, and according to her it is 10:35 AM on her 5th day in the world. A bat managed to steal her candy once, and her Deeds Meter lowered to 75%... :D I hope she will ask for praise again so I can bring it back up.

Another interesting thing is that she has not gotten sick at all so far! I was expecting her to get sick before she changed or something, but apparently there are only two ways to get an Angel sick:

1. Turn off the lights while it is awake. This only works on Maruten and the teenagers; it kills adults.

2. Let them sit in their messes for a while.

Oh yeah...another thing I have not mentioned is Angel's version of a bed. Obaketchi 2 doesn't sleep in a bed, but Maruten, Kodoten, and Kuriten all sleep on clouds. The other characters probably sleep on clouds too, except Unchi-Kun, who doesn't sleep at all! Yes I am serious. Unchi-Kun just sits there on the screen and does nothing.

Gemti's current stats are:

Hunger & Happiness: 4/4 for both

Training: 9/10

Skill points: 40/24/17

Weight: 88 lbs

Angel did another good deed today, so her meter is back up to 100%. The bat came two more times; the first time I tried shouting to make it go away and it worked! :furawatchi: Phew.

She took another walk today too. I called her back because she had only one Hungry heart left...I didn't want her to die.

Her stats are now:

Age 5

79 AP

100% G.D.M.

3/4 Hungry

4/4 Happy

*feeds Pie and Candy, one of each*

Last night, Gemti's battery died :) I knew it was running out, but I haven't had the time to go and buy another...

At least she has the Download feature. Angelgotch doesn't!

Well, Angel did *another* good deed yesterday, even though her meter was full! Interesting.

She is asleep next to me right now, so when she wakes up she will be six. If I get lucky she will become a secret character at six, but seven is more likely.

Current stats:

Age 6

79 AP

125% GDM (no, it doesn't register more than 100%. I have to keep track of that myself)

4/4 Hungry

4/4 Happy

Been a while since I posted here. Anyway, before you ask, no I have not found a battery for Gemti. *sigh* My local Wal-Mart doesn't seem to carry them anymore. ARGH.

It's 1:31 in the afternoon of Angel's sixth day, at least in her world. She has also done another good deed! So now she has 150% GDM. I wonder how much more she will call...

Oh yes. She went on another walk too. I hope she morphs when she turns seven, I am getting REALLY sick of that "disconnected arms" animation...

I think something is up with my touch sensor though. When I called Angel back from her last walk, all I had to do was press Praise. She came back before I even tapped the egg. And when the bat came last time - now this is really bizarre - it just flew by without me even *moving* the egg!

Hmm...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back