A Tamagotchi's Inner Beauty

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mimitchis_rock13579

Reaction score
The Tamagotchi Connection/Plus's inner beauty is incredible. I currently know of 2 ways to experience it.

How to De-Bug your Tamagotchi

You'll need:

• Tamagotchi (Connection or Plus only, don't bother opening up a Connexion or old Tama)
  • Phillipshead screwdriver
  • Precision screwdriver (1.4 to 3.0 mm is always the right choice)
  • Pencil
1. Turn the Tamagotchi over so the back of it is facing you. Using the phillipshead screwdriver, unscrew the large screw. Ah, that's not so hard, is it?

2. Take out the battery, you will not need it in any way whatsoever.

3. Unscrew the 4 smaller screws using the precision screwdriver. You will need a lot of light to see where your screwdriver is going.

4. If you're doing this right, you should see green, plastic boards with wires and battery-shaped things on it. That's the circuit board. Think of where the battery would be. In the lower left corner of it's usual location, there are 2 semi-circles and the word DEBUG over them. If you are debugging a Plus, those semi-circles are squares instead.

5. Using the pencil, rub those two circles or squares a few times.

6. Put the Tamagotchi back together and put the battery in.

7. Start up your Tamagotchi and choose "RESET". Set the time, date and your birthday as you normally would.

8. Your Tamagotchi should hatch immediatly, otherwise repeat steps 1-7. If it did, press "A" continuously to choose your Tamagotchi character. When you are happy with your choice, press "B" and name your Tamagotchi.

How to Change the Background

You will need:

• Tamagotchi (any Tama will do, even old ones!)
  • Phillipshead screwdriver
  • Precision screwdriver
  • Light
  • DRY HANDS (very important to the fate of your Tamagotchi)
1. Repeat de-bugging stages 1-3.

2. Carefully move the circuit boards without breaking wires or circuit boards. This is why you'll need dry hands, otherwise the circuit boards and wires will short out.

3. A thin paper then some pixels and clear plastic is the screen. Flip the paper over with much care.

4. Put the Tamagotchi back together and turn your Tamagotchi over to see if the surgery went well. If not, repeat all the steps.

5. Start up your Tamagotchi as you regularly would.

1. You can't change the background I don't think...

2. "Tamagotchi's Inner Beauty"? What the heck? lol I thought you meant like looks or something...

Okay all I want to know is does the de bug work? if not, then its a waste. if so, then tell be cuz thats flippin sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B) :mimitchi: :mimitchi: :mimitchi: :mimitchi: :D

You can change the background of your tamagotchi. I found this out when one of my rats chewed the buttons off of my favorite tama. I took another tama I had of the same type (original '97 gen1) and took both of them apart to switch the buttons. The background came off easily and I probably could have swtiched them, but I didn't.

I don't recommend switching the background, though. The tamagotchis I opened work ok, but on one of them the pixels directly above and directly below the character are slightly darker than they should be and they follow him like a little shadow...

how do u change the colore of the writing

mine won't workkkk :( <_< :( <_< :( <_< :( <_< :( :eek: :unsure:

i have this one---- :mimitchi:

i tried this on my tama and it didnt work!!!!!!

:mimitchi: <_< <_< <_<

when i up my tama there was 2 semi circles but they didnt say debug!!!!!!!!

Sorry TAmA muM 2, but this topic was from February and was bumped by you. I know you are a new member, but in the future, please, check the date of the last reply before you post.

//CS

Sorry TAmA muM 2, but this topic was from February and was bumped by you. I know you are a new member, but in the future, please, check the date of the last reply before you post.
//CS
Yes.. Thats correct. I know you are new, but please read all the pinned topics at the top of every forum/subforum.

On topic: I've done both those things.

https://www.pixelmood.com/tamagotchi_connection_debugging.htm This is a nice guide on how to debug. Here's how to change the background.

• Take the back off with and take the battery out. Not hard, eh?

• Unscrew the little screws. Put these in a safe place, don't lose them.

• Slowly & carefully open TMGC. You will see the curcuit board. DO NOT BREAK ANY OF THESE WIRES. THERE WILL BE NO MORE SOUND.

• If the reset button and infra red fall out, put it in a safe place. After put it back in later.

• Open the 4 more screws. You will see the background, under the screen. Carefully put the background out.

• Put the new background in. Put TMGC back together, including the Infra-red and reset button.

• Press the reset button. Choose download.

h99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back