Abdominal pain... help!?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamagirl_Desy

Reaction score
Lately I've been having really severe abdominal pain. I thought it'd stop, but it keeps coming back.

It usually occurs after meals, no matter how big or small, but I also feel it at random time throughout the day. The pain feels like period cramps, except for alot worse... it almost feels like I'm in labour. And it isn't my period, because I only get cramps during it and it's been occuring for a number of weeks, but continues to get worse. The first time it REALLY bothered me was Christmas day. After eating, I felt very severe pains in my lower stomach, and had to go lay down. I started crying because it hurt so bad. Ever since then, the pain has gotten worse and more frequent. And when the pain stops, there's a dull ache at the right side of abdomen. It happens several times a day, and like I said, almost always after meals.

I don't know what to do!? My mom wants to take me into the doctors, but I'm scared.

What could this pain be?

Oh, and there are some other symptoms too. Recently, my eyes have become really bloodshot for no apparent reason. I've also been sleeping in very late, yet still getting tired very early and I don't have a whole lot of energy. Along with all this are headaches and my ears are frequently feeling "plugged".

Last edited by a moderator:
You really should go to the doctor.

The pain itself sounds like a kidney stone from my experience, but that wouldn't effect your head, eyes or ears.

It's scary to go to the doctor with no idea of what might be wrong, but you wont know until you go. It's better to go sooner than later. The longer you wait, the worse it could and probably will get.

If they're that painful you should go see a doctor.

Better safe than sorry.

Well, maybe the other symptoms are something completely different?

I really don't know, but I just hate feeling like this. :(

But yes, thank you. The doctor's would probably be the best thing... I'd just really like to know what's causing this pain. :/

The pain is all over, and yes, I guess I could say I'm regular.

But, there is usually a dull ache in the right side after the throbbing goes away.

I really haven't got a clue what it could be, but you should go to the doctor. I know it's scary (I have a huge fear of doctors), but it could be something bad.

... It's scary to go to the doctor with no idea of what might be wrong, but you wont know until you go. It's better to go sooner than later. The longer you wait, the worse it could and probably will get.
Listen to good advice from other members.

If the symptoms are as extreme or as distressing as you describe then I am suprised you haven't gone to the Doctor's with your Mom.

Being scared is not going to cure it.

Posting a topic on TamaTalk is not going to cure it.

We are just regular people on the internet. We are not doctors.

Well, yeah, you definitely should go to the doctor's office.

But maybe if you're feeling scared, it would be best to research your symptoms on WebMD or something similar. One of those websites may have some information about your situation, and you could home diagnose yourself first, then bring it up to the doctor.

Listen to good advice from other members. 
If the symptoms are as extreme or as distressing as you describe then I am suprised you haven't gone to the Doctor's with your Mom.

Being scared is not going to cure it. 

Posting a topic on TamaTalk is not going to cure it. 

We are just regular people on the internet.  We are not doctors.
I fully agree with this statement.

My grandmother had pain which was a lot like you've described. Are you running to the toilet at all? It might be that you have a bowel infection. My grandmother had an ulcer sort of thing on her bowel and it was easily treated with antibiotics. But if the pain's more to your right and affecting you after meals, that sounds a hell of a lot like appendicitis. Dpn't say I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm well informed in the medical area. I'd say, from inside information, that when the pain stops and you have that dull ache in your abdomen, that it's your appendix. My friend had appendicitis and she had a dull ache there when there was no pain. Go to the doctor. If it's your appendix, you have an operation and it's all over. I'm not trying to scare you, but if it is your appendix and you leave it too long, it could rupture, which could put you in hospital for ages. Then again, if it is that bowel infection I talked about, you'll just go to the doctor, get a prescription for antibiotics and then go home. Trust me, if it's either of these, you shouldn't be scared. Judging by what you described, the possibility of it being either of these is very high. Just go to your doc. He/she will sort it all out for you. Now I have to go. This bee sting in my foot is killing me.

I don't want to scare you, but I was 19 and had similar symptoms. I had to go to the ER one day after I had an episode at work. Mine was on my right side, so the ER doctor thought it was my appendix. Unfortunately, it turned out to be my right ovary, which had grown to the size of a golf ball. I had to have it removed. My appendix was fine. Please get this checked out ASAP!! It might be easily taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back