Abortion: Your view on it

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I third that!
I am a vegetarian and I am pro-choice.

I just think that everyone should be able to choose what they want to do with themselves.

Don't like abortions?

Don't get one.

Simple.

You don't need to attempt to dictate everyone else's life.
Indeed, I agree with it. If you don't like it, don't do it...just don't dictate to others who to run their lives. It's up to them.

Also this topic is about abortion specifically, not vegetarian vs the omnivores. Can we keep this on topic? Last thing we need is THAT topic to take over this one and cause some unneeded confusion/drama.

Thanks.

I'm pro-life. it's just not fair ok. if the mother went and got pregnant, is that the baby's fault? if the mother was raped, is that the baby's fault? I know alot of ppl think it may bee better fer the mom if shes younge or whatver but I don't view it that way. I've never been pregant or anyting but I know someone who has . a freind of mine charity was raped and ended up pregnant. she worried because she felt she'd be a bad mom because her lifestyle wasnt always the best so she did abort. almost a year later, she was still crying over it. it hurt her more to know taht she had just murdered an innocent defenseless human being and decided she would much rather be with the baby then to live knowing the truth of what she had done. So thanks to abortion, charity lost what could have been a lifesaving miracle and we all lost an amazing girl. so i bawl my eyes out whenver i even think of abortions. it's disgusting to me. I know it may be better for the mom but ... it's person. why would it be better that a baby be killed when they havent hade the chance to develop fuly but for someone who got that chance to live , if it's better for them. it actually ticks me off the fact that no one is thinking of that. what if your mother had chosen to have you ripped out of her womb because you weren't wanted? No matter what you say, it's a little teeny person. It breathes, it's heart beats, it's growing. Why is it illegal to kill someone much older, but to kill the little babies who had no chance and no say is fine. I find it better to just have the baby and know that it's safe and alive even if it is in someonen else's care then to know that it didn't have the chance you had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, I agree with it. If you don't like it, don't do it...just don't dictate to others who to run their lives. It's up to them.
Also this topic is about abortion specifically, not vegetarian vs the omnivores. Can we keep this on topic? Last thing we need is THAT topic to take over this one and cause some unneeded confusion/drama.

Thanks.
Being a vegetarian myself, I found this post very offensive.

I understand that the Vegetarian topic didn't go well, but calling it "THAT topic" makes it sound like murder.

Which is obviously what we are talking about, murder.

How can people say that if taking a life by abortion is wrong, because it was alive, but say eating meat isn't?!

Seriously. It's murder too! Those animals had lives, and it's not murder!

Think about it.

Being a vegetarian myself, I found this post very offensive.
I understand that the Vegetarian topic didn't go well, but calling it "THAT topic" makes it sound like murder.

Which is obviously what we are talking about, murder.

How can people say that if taking a life by abortion is wrong, because it was alive, but say eating meat isn't?!

Seriously. It's murder too! Those animals had lives, and it's not murder!

Think about it.
I'm sorry if you mistook "THAT topic" as insulting because you mistook the context I was using it in.

As I said just because you tihnk veggies vs meat debating and abortion debating leads both to murder does not mean they are the same topic. What I meant is we don't want that topic about vegetarism taking over an abortion topic because that's called hijacking a topic, which is VERY frowned upon in most forums I've been on.

Pretty sure it's also a no-no here, so if you want to discuss vegetarism, find an existing one or make a new one (as long as you aren't making duplicate active topics) or make a new one to discuss that. Don't bring that in here.

Also I take your attitude as more the offending side than you misunderstanding a fragment of a sentence. I'd work on that if I were you. Thanks.

Well, in my opinion, it's the Mum AND Dad's choice.

I think, however, before they create the baby, they should both make 110% sure that they definately want to start a family.

I think abortions should be legal, because the creating of the baby could of been unintentional in the first place altogether, but if it was intentional, like I said the parents should make sure they are positive they want a child.

Well, in my opinion, it's the Mum AND Dad's choice.I think, however, before they create the baby, they should both make 110% sure that they definately want to start a family.

I think abortions should be legal, because the creating of the baby could of been unintentional in the first place altogether.
Not only that but if it was illegal and the mother didn't want the baby, she may try to abort it herself, causeing extreme damage.

Its the woman's body

Its the woman's baby

Its the woman's desicon

Also in china if you had 2 girl twins 1 would be killed

But if you had 1 boy and 1 girl they would allow it

i'm okay with abortion. i probably would never get one, but i think it's fine.

sometimes people can't afford to have a child, financially.

and maybe they don't want to carry it.

or if you don't want the kid?

why should they have to go through the pain of carrying a child for 9 monthes that don't even want?

if your willing to carry the kid, but don't want it, then put it up for adoption.

but other people may chose abortion.

It is not just the woman's body the decision is about. It is someone else's life she will be taking if she gets an abortion.

I really don't see how that is pro-choice. The baby has no choice.

Its the woman's bodyIts the woman's baby

Its the woman's desicon

Also in china if you had 2 girl twins 1 would be killed

But if you had 1 boy and 1 girl they would allow it
I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. May I ask where you found this information?

Also I mentioned what happens when you have more than one child in China. It's a fine. A hefty one at that.

Nice try though.

I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. May I ask where you found this information?
Also I mentioned what happens when you have more than one child in China. It's a fine. A hefty one at that.

Nice try though.
Don't they put most baby girls up for adoption there? That's what I heard.

off-topic: If a baby girl was born first and the parents wanted to try for a boy, in order to avoid the fine, many parents would leave a baby girl near an orphanage to be taken in and cared for. Many of these baby girls are the ones that are adopted by Western families.

I've no idea what the Chinese government's procedure would be for twins, however, I doubt that a baby girl would be killed - even considering China's record on human rights.

It is not unheard of (or impossible to imagine) however, that parents in isolated poverty stricken, rural areas might simply abandon their girls elsewhere and leave them to die so that they could try for a boy.

Anyhoo... the topic is Abortion - not the pros and cons of adoption in China ;)

I am a strict disbeliever in abortion. If a woman aborts her baby just because she doesn't want it or can't take care of it, I will think of it as wrong. When it comes to rape, where a woman had no choice in having sex, I still don't believe it is right.

Is there any difference between abortion and adoption? In both matters, you are giving up the baby, but he/she will still have a chance at life. If more people give a baby up for adoption, those poor husbands and wifes whom which can not have children, will have a chance to.

I think they should FIST try find a person or family who wants a baby and give them the baby and if they can't find a home for the expected baby then theres a second option

ABORTION

and its the womans bady and if the woman dosn't want the child she can let it go unless the father wants it

Personally, I believe abortion is okay, to a certain point. If the mom is perfectly fit, has no problems, is able to take care of the baby and aborts it, that's wrong. But imagine a young girl getting pregnant, having a child is stressful and some people can't handle it. If its a teen mother who can't take care of it, has some kind of problems at home, and knows the environment shes in just isn't fit for a child and aborts it, I'm perfectly fine with that. Sure its sad but you have to see it from the mother's eyes.
But even if the mother is too young, she shouldn't have done anything that stupid to get the baby in the first place.

Sure it's the mothers decision, but why would she do something in the first place if she knew there would be consequences?

I think it makes no sense, If you didn't want the baby, don't have unprotected sex.

But even if the mother is too young, she shouldn't have done anything that stupid to get the baby in the first place.Sure it's the mothers decision, but why would she do something in the first place if she knew there would be consequences?

I think it makes no sense, If you didn't want the baby, don't have unprotected sex.
Why always assume the sex was unprotected?

Birth control and condoms aren't 100% effective, and accidents DO happen believe it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back