Abortion: Your view on it

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm. I'm borderline on this situation. If abortion was to become illegal then it wouldn't just be the mother who'd have to suffer. Think about it. If your average 16 year old went out and got pregnant then couldn't have an abortion and was stuck with the child. First off the mother's life would be disrupted. But how would that child grow up? If the mother couldn't support the child.

Ask yourself what's worse, Growing up in abusive poverty, or not at all?

off-topic: If a baby girl was born first and the parents wanted to try for a boy, in order to avoid the fine, many parents would leave a baby girl near an orphanage to be taken in and cared for. Many of these baby girls are the ones that are adopted by Western families.I've no idea what the Chinese government's procedure would be for twins, however, I doubt that a baby girl would be killed - even considering China's record on human rights.

It is not unheard of (or impossible to imagine) however, that parents in isolated poverty stricken, rural areas might simply abandon their girls elsewhere and leave them to die so that they could try for a boy.

Anyhoo... the topic is Abortion - not the pros and cons of adoption in China :furawatchi:
Actually, Chinese policy says that if your first child is a girl, you are allowed one more child. If it is a boy, you may not have any more children unless the child was disabled or a minority.

Pro-choice.

If the mother doesn't want it, she can 'bort it.

...I'd rather be killed before I can think consciously than be put into an orphanage.

Pro-choice.If the mother doesn't want it, she can 'bort it.

...I'd rather be killed before I can think consciously than be put into an orphanage.
Agreed.

Or grow up knowing my parents never wanted me.

I'd rather be dead than to have that knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok. I am pro-life.

The main point that people are making is it's the womans body, but when a woman gets pregnant it's not just her anymore. If it's her body and she can just do whatever she wants with it then what would be wrong with her say shooting heroine while she's pregnant? Or drinking? It's her body right? It's not just her body anymore it's someone else , that is there because she had sex. Having sex is an adult thing. It comes with adult responsibilities, and adult consequences. The bottom line is if you are going to have sex then you need to be willing to accept what could happen if something goes wrong. Sex makes babies. You can use protection, you definitely should, but don't kid yourself into thinking that birth control will completely eliminate the possibility of getting pregnant. If you are seriously in a position where having a baby would completly ruin your entire life forever even if you gave it up for adoption then just don't have sex right now. It's not okay for people to kill the babies because it inconveniences the parents. There are a lot of people who inconvenience me, I don't kill them. Abortions due to rape are incredibly rare so that's not much of a defense either, and in those cases I think that in that case she can abort it because she didn't take any risks. She's not just not being responsible but it is infinitely better to have it and give it up for adoption. The only reason I don't say she should still just have it is because I've never been pregnant due to rape, and I'm not sure what I would do if I was. But if I found out I was pregnant with my boyfriends baby right now, there is no way in hell I would even consider abortion. But since those cases are so rare it doesn't make much of a difference concerning the whole issue. The only other instance where I think it's alright is if it is seriously endangering the mothers life, because one life is not worth more than the other and usually in cases like that if it's not aborted then both the baby and the mother die. So if it will at least save the mothers life then they should do it. If there are complications though I don't think people should just jump to abortion, this only applies if this will most likely kill the mother and probably the baby too. But these cases are also extremely rare especially with todays medical advancement, again it doesn't affect the entire issue enough to really justify keeping abortion legal.

I think its the mother's choice. If they want one than they should feel free to get one. A child would not be happy if they knew their mother never wanted them.
A child would also be dead if their mother aborted them. And just ah adoption can be a really great thing, so many people want children so badly and they would gladly adopt a baby and give it an amazing life. Even if they don't, at least they get to live. At least they have a chance at happiness. I know people who are adopted and they're kind of sad that they're parents didn't keep them but they're also really happy to be alive and that their parents cared about them enough to have them and not just vacuum them out of the womb so they wouldn't have to deal with them. And they love their adoptive family and their adoptive family loves them. And someone being adopted doesn't mean their parents didn't want them, it means their parents knew they couldn't take care of them and adoption would be the best for them.

And just ah adoption can be a really great thing
But what if the child never gets adopted? Or is deformed? There could be many terrible things, so much that sometimes it would actually be better for the baby to be aborted than face what's coming to them.

I'm not saying I'd force anyone to abort, but it's really their choice. The baby has no real mind until it's a few weeks until birth, and by that time the mom will probably have either aborted or decided to keep the baby.

I'm not saying it can't.

What I'm saying is that there is a percentage, I don't know how high, that they'll never get adopted and wonder their whole life when they'd be adopted, and with no parents there life might not be as good as it could, or good at all.

Just that sometimes abortion might actually be a better thing to do.

Sometimes adoption, sometimes abortion. Just depends on the individual situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back