Abortion

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you misunderstand me. When I say "I don't want anybody deciding for the life of somebody else.", it means the mother, or anyone else should not decide, just because she doesn't want to have it, to kill it. The choice for the baby to live or die is should not be up to you. Pro-life people tell you that you shouldn't decide for your child.

Everybody should be able to have a choice, unless it involves harm to another human being.

No, you misunderstand me. When I say "I don't want anybody deciding for the life of somebody else.", it means the mother, or anyone else should not decide, just because she doesn't want to have it, to kill it. The choice for the baby to live or die is should not be up to you. Pro-life people tell you that you shouldn't decide for your child.

Everybody should be able to have a choice, unless it involves harm to another human being.
The child doesn't have the system to choose yet, meaning the next closest thing must help it. In this case the mother is the person to choose.

The choice for the baby to live or die is should not be up to you. Pro-life people tell you that you shouldn't decide for your child.

Well, I guess the same question that I asked earlier still applies.

If it is not up to a mother to decide for her own child, why do you (Pro-Life) get to decide what happens for everyone and no one else has a say?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I guess the same question that I asked earlier still applies.

If it is not up to a mother to decide for her own child, why do you (Pro-Life) get to decide what happens for everyone and no one else has a say?
The mother should not be allowed to choose to murder her baby. If by saying this we're "deciding what happens to everyone and no one else has a say" , I think that's a little far fetched.

We base ourselves on the rule that everybody can make his own choices, unless it harms another human being.

tumblr_inline_mfu4k74biY1rv6lmy.png

Has any of you people here ever seen an abortion performed? It's a true horror story, and after watching I think very few people wants it allowed.
Abortion is a surgery. A surgery is, generally speaking, the cutting open of the body for medical purposes.

Very few surgeries are exactly pleasant to watch (just thought I'd mention).

I get what you mean, but sometimes abortion is something that happens, and will happen whether it's legal or not.

Abortion is a surgery. A surgery is, generally speaking, the cutting open of the body for medical purposes.

Very few surgeries are exactly pleasant to watch (just thought I'd mention).

I get what you mean, but sometimes abortion is something that happens, and will happen whether it's legal or not.
An abortion is not like any other kind of surgery. Watching it recorded on ultrasound or likewise makes it painfully clear that what is deleted is a human.

I'm considering linking to a video featuring an abortion, but it's so horrible, so I don't really know.

Anyone who is ok with abortion should know exactly what they're talking about before forming an opinion.

An abortion is not like any other kind of surgery. Watching it recorded on ultrasound or likewise makes it painfully clear that what is deleted is a human.

I'm considering linking to a video featuring an abortion, but it's so horrible, so I don't really know.

Anyone who is ok with abortion should know exactly what they're talking about before forming an opinion.
Pro-choice people are generally not "ok with" abortion. They want people to decide whether to have an abortion or not, knowing the pros and cons of each choice. If people used birth control more, abortion would be even less prevalent, but it's pointless to try to eradicate it completely, because...accidents happen. And they're sometimes hard to prevent.

I would hope that someone who was pregnant would consider carrying their baby to term, but unfortunately, that's not always a feasible choice, depending on the situation (finances, incompetence, no options for the child's life, etc.).

Please don't link to an abortion-on-ultrasound video. We had to watch some of those at my old Catholic school, they're unpleasant and usually put up by biased parties.

Many people forget this and equate "pro-choice" with "pro-abortion" and "pro-evil/murder/death" which is not true.

Pro-choice people are generally not "ok with" abortion.

Please don't link to an abortion-on-ultrasound video. We had to watch some of those at my old Catholic school, they're unpleasant and usually put up by biased parties.

Many people forget this and equate "pro-choice" with "pro-abortion" and "pro-evil/murder/death" which is not true.
I didn't say or mean to imply that all pro choice people are ok with abortion, I was merely talking about those who are.

Also, I am not going to link to the video I was thinking of, as there are a lot of younger people on this site. In any case I would never force anybody to watch a video, I was merely cosidering linking to one.

I would never link to false information, but only to a video frankly faeturing an abortion. There is a reason as to why pro-abortion parties do not have a habit of giving out these videos by the way...

In Sweden these movies are hidden and hushed away. No young people sees them, and the abortion numbers are sky-high. Nurses who aid at abortion will mash up the aborted human child to an unrecognisable bloody clump, and then show it to the woman, telling her that it was nothing of imporance at all.

I didn't say or mean to imply that all pro choice people are ok with abortion, I was merely talking about those who are.

In Sweden these movies are hidden and hushed away. No young people sees them, and the abortion numbers are sky-high. Nurses who aid at abortion will mash up the aborted human child to an unrecognisable bloody clump, and then show it to the woman, telling her that it was nothing of imporance at all.
I don't think the numbers would be so sky-high if there was more access to contraceptives. The prevalence of abortion isn't necessarily caused by not seeing those videos, but by people not having other options.

I doubt all nurses do what you said. It's just the ones you hear about.

That said, I can definitely see why people don't want abortion to be legal. It's a rough surgery that, according to many opinions, is the ending of a life. But if done illegally, the people who perform the surgery usually lack the medical expertise and injure the women who are getting the abortions as well, causing more problems than legal abortions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am Pro-Life. Abortion is murder, no matter what anyone else says. I kiiinda understand if you were raped, or you would die if you had a child, but just 'not wanting' the child is no where near a good enough reason.

It clearly states in the Declaration of Independance that life is a right, and that no one has the right to take it away. Me, being a Christian, already doesn't agree with abortion through Biblical facts. But I'm not gonna bring that in to this.

If you think the baby is going to have a bad life, there isn't a reason to kill it, but if you just plain can't, give it to a foster home. At least it can still live, as we are all created equally and deserve to live. Abortion should not be a option, and only be performed if it absolutely has to be.

Ok, so if you were Pro-Choice, what makes you think that 'who are we to tell a woman what she does'? If it involves killing a baby, than yeah, I think we need to tell her what to do.

I am Pro-Life. Abortion is murder, no matter what anyone else says. I kiiinda understand if you were raped, or you would die if you had a child, but just 'not wanting' the child is no where near a good enough reason.
If a girl was raped or a girl was going to die if she had the child - or that the child had a terrible genetic problem that would mean it would not survive - either in the womb or when born - would you stop that girl from being able to ask the doctors for an abortion (after proper consultation about all the risks and the likelihood of death for her and the baby)? Only in those circumstances. No others (not just because she didn't want it). Would you stop that girl from being able to ask about an abortion?

If a girl was raped or a girl was going to die if she had the child - or that the child had a terrible genetic problem that would mean it would not survive - either in the womb or when born - would you stop that girl from being able to ask the doctors for an abortion (after proper consultation about all the risks and the likelihood of death for her and the baby)? Only in those circumstances. No others (not just because she didn't want it). Would you stop that girl from being able to ask about an abortion?
You're right, sorry. If it involved the mother dieing than I understand. Like I later said in my post, I believe it's ok if it absolutely has to be done.

You're right, sorry. If it involved the mother dieing than I understand. Like I later said in my post, I believe it's ok if it absolutely has to be done.
I don't think I am "right" about this. It is just my opinion too. I only wanted to ask you how you felt about a particular situation and wondered if it would make a difference to how you felt about abortion. As I have said before, I am Pro-Choice. Anti-abortion, yes definitely - but Pro-Choice because I think that sometimes (occasionally, even rarely) there are medical situations where we should give someone the chance to make a choice about abortion.

I know that I'd much rather go through the pain of childbirth if I was raped and ended up pregnant. I wouldn't want to kill the baby, because you never know, that baby might have a happy and successful life. At least one amazing doctor or scientist or writer or mathematician must have been born by accident, or been related to someone born by accident. If abortions had existed longer, people who have changed the world for the better would never have been born. That's why I'm against abortion unless pregnancy will kill the mother.

Just making a comparison...

Sometimes when the Adobe plugin is glitching in the browser, a message comes up saying "Do you want to abort the script?" and gives the options of yes or no. If you choose no, the script gets to live but the glitchiness might kill the browser and make it crash. If you choose yes, the script gets aborted, but it's safer for the browser because it might not have to go through trying to run a glitchy script. However, the script might be important and needed for certain sites, and even if it's unsafe for a browser to have a glitchy script, I'd choose to not abort the script. So I say pro-life. :)

My opinion stays the same, and this opinion is that both men and women that were never pregnant before should have no word here.

Most pregnant women have a phase when they just don't want to be pregnant anymore and the stress linked with it doesn't help either them nor the child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back