About how much money...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get some really good deals at local music stores around your town.

A small good amp is around 50$, and a decent guitar is 120$ probably. Since your new they'll probably throw in a case, picks, and a strap for free.

A Standard, Medium Quality Guitar is around $150.

The Ibanez guitar I own is worth around $1500, 10x more.

Well....

The guitar itself would be about $100-$200. I'd recommend going to Guitar Center to play a few to find a good fit to yourself.

Then, the amp would be $75 (if you want a mini one like Jack Black had in "School of Rock", that'd be about $30)

Then, a cord would be um...$15. (I have a $40 cord and it's a lifetime wartentee)

Don't get a cheap gigbag. If it's free, it's free, but if you have to buy it, don't. Buy a guitar stand.

Picks, you can ge them for free. But If they don't give it, they're about $3-$5 for a good pack of 12

And then for the special distortion or other effects and pedals. Wouldn't recommend them if you don't want to play a lot of songs with distortion but my pedal is $40.

AND DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT LEAVE THE GUITAR STORE WITHOUT A TUNER. Unless you can tune it by ear, invest in one. One of the most problems players have is their guitar is just not tuned. It's horrible. Buy buy buy buy buy one.

bamcr

My dad got me a guitar for $200 in hopes that I would be smart enough to learn to play on my own. That didnt work out too well. But I did figure out the beginning of a song by ear. But the problem was, the guitar wasnt tuned so everything I figured out is wrong.

If you need to Practice play Guitar Hero! LOL anyways

A Baisoc Electric Guitar is about $100-$200 You can also get a deal on the internet, if you search for what you want for example like, Ebay andShopZilla (etc)

I once saw for like $50-$70 on the internet so, maybe you can get a pretty good deal!

Like tamtamkitty07 they might throw in a case and a strap. If you get a really, good but expensive Guitar it will be over, $1000.00!!

But good like on your finding,

~TP~ :p

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are serious about this, then i would suggest investing in a good quality guitar that will last a long time, then a cheap one that doesn't work well.

*BaBi*

..Just like Mine :lol: .

Recently, An Original Fender (From Around 1960's?) Only 21 were made, was sold on Ebay for Over $80,000.

And to the person who Said "Practice on Guitar Hero" GH Has Absolutly nothing to do with playing guitar, All your doing is pressing random buttons on a Guitar shaped Controller to Mp3 Tracks loaded onto a disk.

..Just like Mine ;) .
Recently, An Original Fender (From Around 1960's?) Only 21 were made, was sold on Ebay for Over $80,000.

And to the person who Said "Practice on Guitar Hero" GH Has Absolutly nothing to do with playing guitar, All your doing is pressing random buttons on a Guitar shaped Controller to Mp3 Tracks loaded onto a disk.
Still a wicked game though, haha. But like RTT said, don't depend on that and expect to be good at guitar first try.

I got my Epiphone [bass] for $150 on sale from $300. I'm using that while I save up for something better. It is still great for the price I got it at.

It all depends on if you know you'll be commited or if you just want to see if you like playing guitar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back