ACWW Wifi Connection Problem

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warriorcat_girl

Reaction score
Hey people! I use an official copy of Animal Crossing: Wild World (not a ROM), and I'm trying to finally make use of the Wi-Fi gaming ability it has. =) I've opened up specific ports in my fire wall to do so, and after testing the connection on my DS, I know it works. But...

1) My ACWW has trouble going to another town (or having a visitor) even when both are online and both have the correct friend codes. I just get the message "For some curious reason, you cannot go out right now." or something of the sort. Only ONCE have I connected successfully (when visiting a friend's town). Also, my DS seems to have a habit of losing the communication after one or two minutes of hooking up to WFC (and it has three full bars as well). Can somebody tell me what might be wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks.

~Brightmask

Actually now that I've tried again, it disconnects after about THIRTY seconds, not two minutes, every time I open my town's gate over WFC. Then I get the error code <-80420>, I've read that this is a problem with the Nintendo Wifi system, but if the DS has been around for four years, shouldn't it be fixed by now? And I KNOW that it's worked for tons of people, and I WAS able to go to a friend's town once. All other attempts at visiting one another failed. Why does my DS keep disconnecting after opening my gate? I've opened up the ports in my firewall so my DS can connect, but why is the WFC messed up?

If I get an error code problem that won't fix itself I usually visit nintendo.com and click through to their DS customer service / support pages:

https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na...DS&locale=en_US

The problem is usually explained there - it's just a pain taking the time to read it through so that you understand it all and then checking all the suggestions :D

The alternative is to visit one of the main Animal Crossing forums - of which I'm sure you're already a member - and ask them for advice. Don't forget, you're more likely to get a faster answer from a forum site that is dedicated to the AC game than one which is a Tamagotchi fan base site :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks TamaMum! Actually I was just reading that page this morning, I allowed UDP traffic and was still cut off after I opened my gate. :( I probably need to read through more stuff, but right now I'm just hopping into other players' towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back