Addict

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tama_gal_3

Reaction score
[SIZE=8pt]I can't stop playing the computer.I play for hours on end and it seems like I can't get off and once I do get off,I'm back again.I tried having a time limit of an hour,but it never works.Can You Please Help Me?[/SIZE]

well sometimes that happens to me...lol :) but just try to do your best on keeping the time limit because the computer is really bad for your eyes if you already have glasses i guess its ok, but it will make your eye sight really BAD!

~Mamitchi465

Hmm, try finding another interest that your into like *hmmm* football? Play football/otherhobby for an hour, and then say that you can now go on the computer for an hour.

Work out a reward system! Buy a bunch of candy you really like, and then after a day of not being on the computer for over 2 hours, give your self a candy bar! =D

Katie--

You have the right thinking- limit yourself x amount of time. BUT make sure the computer is turned off so you aren't as tempted.

Plan it out. You can't just make goals spurr of the moment and accomplish them. Make a plan. On Monday, I Tama_gal_3 will only one hour on the computer. Tell your family and your friends so they can help get you pumped up and encouraged. Next, decide if you are going to limit it more. Take of five or ten minutes every week. Last but not least, set a reward! Do you have a favorite kind of icecream or candybar? If you follow your plan for two weeks, you can have some of your favorite treats.

Stick to it. I live on the computer, too, but planning it out is something you just have to do if you want to accomplish your goal, no matter how small. ;]

You have the right thinking- limit yourself x amount of time. BUT make sure the computer is turned off so you aren't as tempted.
Plan it out. You can't just make goals spurr of the moment and accomplish them. Make a plan. On Monday, I Tama_gal_3 will only one hour on the computer. Tell your family and your friends so they can help get you pumped up and encouraged. Next, decide if you are going to limit it more. Take of five or ten minutes every week. Last but not least, set a reward! Do you have a favorite kind of icecream or candybar? If you follow your plan for two weeks, you can have some of your favorite treats.

Stick to it. I live on the computer, too, but planning it out is something you just have to do if you want to accomplish your goal, no matter how small. ;]
Ya I would Agree with you, but what also might help is adding in other fun things such as: reading, playing a sport, going to places with your friend.

Good advice from people. :furawatchi:

If all else fails, maybe you could buy some software that actually cuts off your internet/computer. That way, it is physically impossible to get on the computer and use it if you shouldn't be. But the issue is, would you be tempted to remove the software?

I dunno if it would work, but it was worth suggesting. B)

I 100% agree with you, TWP.

Yes, the computer is very addicting, especially if you go on TamaTalk >DD

Anyways, I *believe* there is a software that shuts down your computer if you set the timer on the software, and that would surely help. Also, getting involved in sports and outdoor activities will surely help, also :p

Good Luck :angry:

Truth being, I am the same way. Try inviting some friends over or playing a game with your family.

Once you get into the habit you won't have to do anything.

Maybe you should try doing 15 minutes at a time? It seems longer than it is, :p Trust me, find something else fun and you wont even think about the computer anymore, heck why not just try doing something educational on the computer? Or messing around with some sort of image software, make a movie, PowerPoint?

See? It can have it's advantages.

Go over to a friends house and do things w/ them. You will have to much fun to want to go on the computer, works like a charm :)

*BaBi*

Thanks! ^.^ Although it took a few days,I'm finally staying on the computer for only an hour a day and it's actually starting to work! Thanks again,guys! ^.^

The best advice I can give you is to find something else that you can do occupy your time. Get involved in sports or after school activities. Or, you can just take a break from the computer and play in your room for a while. Maybe read a book? Play with some toys you may have?

U freakin addict! nah just kiddin,i used to have the same prob hmmm....wat i did was tell my mom(or dad,he works also)to give u a certain limit and to make u get off at a certain time and not to let u on till da next day,like a max time of 1hr nd 30min

that work? if it does tell me pls

Try planning more stuff to do with friends or around town. get more books or games and gang out. the key is to stay busy enough that you odn't have time on the computor

Give yourself a time limit like an hour, then see if you can go out for a bit or something :D . Or to make up for all the time on the pc, ask your friends to go out somewhere at the weekend. :p

I suggest having your parents ban you from the PC for a while. You'll find something better, over that period of time maybe.

Anyways, as long as its happening in the evening, a few hours on the computer isn't so bad. Unless your just sitting in a chatroom or playing a videogame for all your computer time; that could come bearing some problems.

I have a bad addiction too.

haha mamitchi i have glasses cause of the computer.

and i started to get bad grades cause of getting on the computer and not doin homework.

What i do is i get home do all my homework then get on the computers for a reward.

When im not in school i will usually call a friends and hang out or just give a time limit and tell my parents to force me off for a while.

Hope this helpd :/

Lynae

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back