Advice for High school

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinea Pig Lover

Reaction score
My first year of high school starts tomorrow and I need some advice of what to do and what not to do. I'm kinda nervous, but i know I will do well, cause I'm pretty smart and all.

I need your advice!

PS> your advice would be more helpfull if you lived in Australia or Queensland, because high schools all over the world are completely different.

Hi there Geinea Pig Lover,

I am sorry that I found this one so late - I know you are probably getting ready for school or already at school as I write this.

Year 8 is the easy year... everyone looks after you. You are the babies of the school. What to do v. what not to do? Wow! What a broad question! ;)

The only thing to do is relax and have fun. You will have started a new school with a whole bunch of other people who are also in the same shoes. There will be lots of people looking for new friends. You will find that you end up in a group quite easily. Somehow everyone clusters naturally.. you may not even realise it happening. Be open to new ideas and experiences and remember that you are not alone! Most of the kids there will have same fears and apprehensions. Follow the rules until you know which ones are only there for show and make the most of this year - there is no other year where everything gets spoon fed to you. :)

Look forward to hearing how you went today!

BTW.. are you public or private and in what area? PM me if you like. I'm a Brisbane girl.. might be able to help with specifics of your school if I should happen to know it...

Hi there Geinea Pig Lover,
I am sorry that I found this one so late - I know you are probably getting ready for school or already at school as I write this.

Year 8 is the easy year... everyone looks after you. You are the babies of the school. What to do v. what not to do? Wow! What a broad question! :(

The only thing to do is relax and have fun. You will have started a new school with a whole bunch of other people who are also in the same shoes. There will be lots of people looking for new friends. You will find that you end up in a group quite easily. Somehow everyone clusters naturally.. you may not even realise it happening. Be open to new ideas and experiences and remember that you are not alone! Most of the kids there will have same fears and apprehensions. Follow the rules until you know which ones are only there for show and make the most of this year - there is no other year where everything gets spoon fed to you. :(

Look forward to hearing how you went today!

BTW.. are you public or private and in what area? PM me if you like. I'm a Brisbane girl.. might be able to help with specifics of your school if I should happen to know it...
I agree with BS. Just relax and be yourself, you'll do fine! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back