AHHHHHH.......AHHHHHH!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamagotchi_fan180

Reaction score
a few minutes ago, there was an earthquake! it was strong enough that i could hear the wood in my house and the windows vibrate! but no damage done where i am. i was home alone too! it was so scary! any simalar happenings where u live? (earthquakes, hurricanes, storms, FIRES, etc?) here in california there is many natural disasters.

*edit* uh....my topic was taking a long time to get approved, so i thought i didnt, and i made another one. and there are links on that one, so click here

*edit #2* it was from LA to san diego to las vegas

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh.... on maplestory a bunch of people were yelling, "OMG! EARTHQUAKE! DID U GUYS FEEL THAT 2? IT SHOOK MA HOUSE!" I thought they were kidding. I guess not. Where do you live?

I live in CA

We have earthquakes

I haven't been in any big serious ones.

Just teensy ones that I don't feel.

I wanna be in an earthquake though. Idk maybe a 4.0??? Something big but not big enough that there will be any damage.

I went on an earthquake simulator once. I'm always afraid to go to San Fransisco (which I do quite a lot) because I think of the 1906 Earthquake...

The earthquake was in southern California, in the Los Angeles area.

Nope, I didn't feel it. I'm way too far north. We do have earthquakes here, though (we had a few pretty big ones last year. Not big enough for serious damage, but they did break people's windows and scare everyone :D ). Right now we're just dealing with fires. It is absolutely disgusting outside. In the morning, everywhere you go you will smell smoke. The sky is constantly gray. It's not quite as bad as it was at the start of the summer, but these fires are really annoying. Not to mention, they are destroying a lot of homes.

No. But I was talking on the phone to my boyfriend and all of a sudden he says"Holy Crap!" And I asked what was wrong. He said there was an earthquake in california from vegas to las angles. I was like "OMG!!!!!" And I turned on CNN. Is it still going on? That's what my boyfriend said. It seems scary!

I didn't feel it. Too far to the East. D:

No, in the Midwest we get tornados. So uninteresting, aren't we? The worst we've gotten in our area was the F5 that hit in the early nineties and tore mostly through Andover.

I've never felt an earthquake, but I do think it would be interesting. It is good that your area didn't get damage, though. Thankfully.

Haha. I felt it, but it wasn't really that strong where I live.

I was watching my favorite show and I thought my sister came into the room and started jumping on the bed..

No. But I was talking on the phone to my boyfriend and all of a sudden he says"Holy Crap!" And I asked what was wrong. He said there was an earthquake in california from vegas to las angles. I was like "OMG!!!!!" And I turned on CNN. Is it still going on? That's what my boyfriend said. It seems scary!
Well, no, earthquakes last for at the most a minute, usually. Most last for about three to ten seconds.

The earthquake was in southern California, in the Los Angeles area.
Nope, I didn't feel it. I'm way too far north. We do have earthquakes here, though (we had a few pretty big ones last year. Not big enough for serious damage, but they did break people's windows and scare everyone  :( ). Right now we're just dealing with fires. It is absolutely disgusting outside. In the morning, everywhere you go you will smell smoke. The sky is constantly gray. It's not quite as bad as it was at the start of the summer, but these fires are really annoying. Not to mention, they are destroying a lot of homes.
same here.

Except I'm not as north as you, so our skies are pretty blue.

EDIT: but omg I am going to L.A. to go to Disneyland in like 8 days

When I lived in California, we never had major earthquakes. Just a few shakes. But I heard about that one. I just want to make sure my friends are okay. But Cali has those awful forest fires too. I remember being able to see the flames from my backyard.

In Texas, the worst we've ever gotten while living here was a tornado. It knocked down a couple of trees, pulled apart some fences, and blew off some roof shingles. A trampoline even got dragged to a frontyard. Though, that was amusing. :]

I live in El Paso and we've never had earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes etc. Only back in..first grade I believe, we had a tornado warning. But i dont really remember ^w^

Didn't feel it. I'm in New England.

Where I live, it just pours moose and deer. Not cats and dogs. Moose and deer.

THAT bad. Yeah. xD

Gah. My city's boring when it comes to weather. The only extreme weather we've had is really bad rain. Which is very rare.

I remember there was a tornado on the south side of my city when Hurricane Dolly hit, (yes, it was a category 2 when it hit, so don't get all smart-alecky on me!!) and I didn't even know it existed 'till I saw it on the local news.

Hope you have recovered from the shock. :unsure: By the way, you should consider yourself lucky. Imagine if the earthquake was the same magnitude as the one in China. :kuribotchi:

By the way, I live in South Australia, and earthquakes aren't very common, but shocks of various intensity have been recorded on recent history. Where I live, Adelaide (the capital city) is near the Mount Lofty Ranges, where there is a major crack in the earth's surface. Scientists are predicting an earthquake greater than 5.5 on the Richter scale in the next 50 years. Shudders, that is in my lifetime! :pochitchi:

I felt it cause every time there is an earthquake I am at my friends house. ;) Weird.

I heard about that on the news. It sounded bad.

It was relieving to know that there wasn't too much damage though, I have relatives who live there.

I'm glad your okay!

Loola~

Uhh, I don't think I felt it from all the way in New York, lol. We don't really have "natural disasters" here. All we have is annoying rain, and stupid snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back