Airplane safety?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanabobo

Reaction score
Erm, hello everyone. Th' name's Nanabobo. I'm unfamiliar with this forum, so I really don't know what age group is targeted around here, but it's probably safe to say I'm a bit older than a majority of users, at least, if not moderators. If this topic is in the wrong board, please feel free to move it to where I could get an answer, and my apologies if it has been misplaced.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I have a bit of a predicament. You see, I got back into Tamagotchis at V4, and I now have a Familitchi V5. I'm not exactly new at this, but this is a scenario I haven't encountered yet. In explanation, I'm going on a trip cross-country later this month, and I'm planning on taking my beloved NANAB family with me. However, this creates some slight problems.

Being that I'm taking an airplane trip, this means I will have to take precautions with my poor little Tamagotchi. My main worry is getting past security. What with all the new security rules, I feel paranoid that I will not be able to take it on the plane. I don't know what they do with baggage on airplanes, but if they run it through an X-Ray machine, I'm worried it will damage my Tamagotchi. In addition to that, I've heard from friends that baggage-handlers aren't exactly worried about what valuables might be broken inside your bags.

I could take it on my carry-on, but there's also a problem. Would I have to have my carry-on inspected? If so, would they find a problem with a small, egg-shaped computer being taken on? Though a Tamagotchi couldn't possibly damage an airplane at all, would they be concerned about the fact that it cannot be turned off (the closest thing would be muting, pausing, and turning the contrast all the way down)?

Well, those are my questions, thank you for reading. I would appreciate an explanation of how I might take my Tamagotchi on the plane without it being damaged, preferably from someone with actual experience. Any help at all would be appreciated, however. Thank you again.

FOR THOSE WHO DON'T WISH TO READ MY ENTIRE POST: How do I get a Tamagotchi onto an airplane without getting it broken/confiscated?

Hello. I myself have brought the Tamagotchi past security many times and no damages to me or the airplane.

My Tamagotchis have also been through the X-Ray machine and haven't been broken at all.

If you absaloutly are worrying, why not put it in your check-in luggage?

I've flown with Tamagotchis too.

A Tamagotchi is electronically equivalent to a digital watch. Since they don't have earphones (that might prevent you from hearing a safety anouncement) and they don't transmit radio frequency (that might interfere with the airplanes navigation system) they're safe for use on airplanes.

The x-ray machine has not been a problem. I usually place my Tamagotchis in my carry-on backpack, or in my jacket pocket. Both of these get x-rayed at airport security.

Sometimes (like when I return from Japan) I have too many Tamagotchis to place in carry-on, so I place them in my checked-in luggage. This has also never been a problem. However, I don't advise checking-in a live (running) Tamagotchi - because it may be dead by the time you get it back, if the airline misplaces your luggage. If you're concerned about physical dammage, just put your Tamagotchi inside a sock in your luggage, then roll it up and roll another sock around it.

I believe it won't get damaged, but just to be on the safe side...

Ok, so you know when you have to put your keys, cell phone, or anything metal in those little baskets? Well maybe, once you go through the metal detector, you put your Tamagotchi in those little baskets, it will get X-rayed, and you'll get it back again. I don't think it will do any damage to it.

You can also do what everyone else is saying: put it in your pocket, in a rolled-up sock, or just leave it in your check-in luggage. If you keep it carefully wrapped, it can most likely reduce the risk of dammage.

Hope I helped! ;)

Very informative, binary. :p

I've taken my tama aboard planes and nothing has happened.

Before I have read this thread, I have always kept my tama on PAUSED when riding a plane.

Before I have read this thread, I have always kept my tama on PAUSED when riding a plane.
Good point. Probably you won't be able to hear a Tamagotchi beep for attention while you're on an airplane. So if it's a long flight, you should remember to visually check your Tamagotchi's status every so often, or pause it as BeemerBabe mentioned. Also, if you're traveling to a different time-zone, don't forget to change your Tamagotchi's clock setting.

I keep mine in my pocket ( Of course you wulod have thought of that.) Or try using it to clip onto a hair clip.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take one with me on my airline trips(usually), aslonf as you don't have it in your pocket during the metal detector, you should be fine. Just put it in your carry on luggage bag. I'd reccomend you put it on pause when its going through the scanner though... I don't know what would happen if it was on.

i dunno anything bout this cause i m never allowed to bring tamas to other countries.afraid that it might be ruined like what the poster has said.

I don't think that you should take it with you because your tamagotchi can get lost easily.

I just held it in my hand i said it was a tamagotchi besides i'm only a child so they probably know i won't take on some kind of mini computer with copies of the usa money or anything right?? and also flew back and forth for so many times i lost count

no offence, but use u r common sense! put it in a pocket of u r clothe that u r wearing at that time,and when u walk through the metal detector,it wont beep :furawatchi:

I reckon just put it in your pocket or the best hiding place that you can find as long as you're carring it. If it is detected show themwhat it is and I'm sure you'll be fine if you're not allowed I'm afraid you will have to pause it and put it somewhere (a safe, possibly take it home if you have time)

Hope I could help

relax! i fly in airplanes 4 times a year, and in all 4 times every year a take somthing that is really similar to a tamagotchi: a gameboy!

if my gameboy passes then a tama will pass even easier! i even show them my gameboy and ask if i can take it!

so, just relax.

if you cant relax, call them and ask.

i hope this helped!

I'm sure that if you tell them it's a Tamagotchi and show it to them, then they won't think anything of it. I mean, Tamagotchis are really popular and I don't think they would be able to carry a bomb or something. xD Just keep it on pause when your bags are getting checked because, like binary said, by the time it gets back to you, it might be dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back