Alien vpet

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fancydeer

Reaction score
il_794xN.2720787340_e0q8.jpg

does anyone have any information about this vpet? Is it as interactive/interesting as a tamagotchi? The packaging is cracking me up I'm tempted to buy it.

The Space Creature, also known as the Tako Seijin, is part of the Dinkie line, so it plays similarly to the Dinkie Dino/Raku Raku Dino-kun, Dinkie Penguin/Yuki Pengin, and so on. There's a very old page from the time of this pet's release that features some more information about it, which can be found here.

The Dinkie pets are very charming, and I've always been inclined to recommend them to anyone who's interested in expanding their collection beyond Bandai's genre-originating Tamagotchi and Digimon lines because the Dinkies were an early unique competitor, but it's important to note that they're a bit more limited than a Tamagotchi is - though there are activities like education and adjusting the air-conditioning, and tons of cute animations, the evolutions in the Dinkies are entirely dependent on what you feed them, so once you have the three possible paths figured out then there's less replay-value than a Tamagotchi or a Digimon from the same era.

That said, they're definitely a lot of fun, and are an interesting take on the virtual pet experience. :smile2:

The Space Creature, also known as the Tako Seijin, is part of the Dinkie line, so it plays similarly to the Dinkie Dino/Raku Raku Dino-kun, Dinkie Penguin/Yuki Pengin, and so on. There's a very old page from the time of this pet's release that features some more information about it, which can be found here.

The Dinkie pets are very charming, and I've always been inclined to recommend them to anyone who's interested in expanding their collection beyond Bandai's genre-originating Tamagotchi and Digimon lines because the Dinkies were an early unique competitor, but it's important to note that they're a bit more limited than a Tamagotchi is - though there are activities like education and adjusting the air-conditioning, and tons of cute animations, the evolutions in the Dinkies are entirely dependent on what you feed them, so once you have the three possible paths figured out then there's less replay-value than a Tamagotchi or a Digimon from the same era.

That said, they're definitely a lot of fun, and are an interesting take on the virtual pet experience. :smile2:
Thanks, that makes me feel more confident in ordering one based solely on the packaging saying "I dream to have soda and apples" which just cracked me up for some reason. I would have went wild over this thing if I had seen it in stores as a 6-8 year old. I've never played any of the Dinkie line but I have read a lot of good things. I'm excited for my new alien friend to arrive so I can feed it batteries and "watch it's body shape change!" :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back