AMERICAN Death Note movie

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Disney's contract would allow him to take on something so 'hardcore'.

Haha, I find this kind of bad. Disney is even worming into Otakus now. Did you hear about the Kim Possible mangas? x_x

99.99.9% of online petitions are not accepted.

Last edited by a moderator:
People, stop saying it will be toned down for kids, I have read more on this, the movie will not be toned down, nor will it be censored. Disney plans to make it like the original Death Note movie, but even better and more graphic. So with this in mind, it won't be changed for younger audience, it will be meant for older audiences.

I don't think Disney's contract would allow him to take on something so 'hardcore'.

Haha, I find this kind of bad. Disney is even worming into Otakus now. Did you hear about the Kim Possible mangas? x_x

We'll make those petitions be accepted. >=D

Wait....wha...Kim Possible mangas? Wtf?

okay. fine. I own one american manga. >__> But I can explain. o_O

No. That would be Tokyopop that's doing THAT.

I have seen Avatar the last air bender manga. Spongebob, etc... Mainly Nick and Disney manga's.

I truely can't stand Tokyopop. They DO make good english translations but STILL. ARG.

And it's Vertigo Studios. Not Disney. Vertigo is somewhat decent.

I wouldn't mind Zac getting the role as long as he does it decently.

Reading that was somewhat depressing.

If he would be Light then the contracts where allready signed so we wouldn't be able to change things anyways.

Off.Topic: Is the last episode of Death Note called "New World". The episode where everybody finds out Light is Kira and he dies on the steps in the end?

Haha everyone! Warner Bros. Released an official statement saying zac has backed out cuz he disagreed with how they were doing it. Zac has said in a interview his is a big DN fan :D hope yall no dat

^^I hope so. Do you have a link?

Death Note, the series, is a 12/15 where I live. Therefore, I could watch it if I desired so, but I haven't been bothered to watch it yet.

However, as I know a fair bit about the series, having Zac play the lunatic brat, aka Light, would be unfitting, even if he looks similar. However, remember these are all rumors, people. Please don't lose your heads just yet.

Also, it's Warner Bros., not Disney, doing the movie. As the Zac rumor is said to come from ANN, Anime News Network, as a joke, I'll investigate the source and see what's up. The end is not nigh!

Tama :huh: Phantom

EDIT: May have found some roots: An article that dates back two years ago, and a related forum discussion. Anyone wanna be Detective Lomby's faithful assistant and help find clues in these? xD

TRIPLE EDIT: Just checked the source (https://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=6357&offset=25#commentLstTop) of the original ANN news report. It may have stemmed from this comment, on the second page:

Hey, it's chill with me, just so long as Zack Efron is Kira. LOL Seriously tho, that would be hilarious.
It's the earliest mention of this kind I've found.

ANOTHER EDIT: I was wrong, I made a date mistake. The ANN comment was indeed the earliest. Just to quote again:

None of their remakes have been as decent as The Ring, but they're not awful, either. I wonder if Zac Effron will make a good Light, since I don't buy him as L.
prime: You never know, but I picked Effron, because of his hair.
"I", suggesting the start, maybe? Anyone find earlier sources?
EDIT: Just realized this is a major bump. I'll get this closed. Considering that it's not had any news since the outburst, they may have given up. Who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back