An important question...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, when you say church, I assume you mean the building. But a church is also a community of Christian people, who help each other and celebrate mass evey Sunday. I like looking at it this way, instead of just a concrete place. For me, a church building is a place for prayer and thinking. You connect with Christ and really talk to Him. :p

I look at it for prayer and making new friends... And it's a place for belonging...

(She dosen't know I'm Atheist)
How do you manage to keep that from her?!

If I were Christian (which I'm not I'm also and atheist) I think I would see it as all of the above. I think that because I see it as being all of those things in one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like tamagirl101 said, when you mention 'church' it really is the people- not the building.

I suppose you are talking about the building and all that goes on so I will elaborate on that. Basicaly, the church is a place of fellowship of other believers. It's not a thing you HAVE to do or you'll go to hell [well, some people believe this but there is no Biblical backing] but it is commanded that we go to a church. It's for the building up of others as well as ourselves. It's a place to learn, grow and get advice.

I've recently have had troubles in my church- it's by no means perfect because we are all still people- and I've noticed a difference, for the worst, in myself actually. I need to get back into it but, really, I don't know how.

Other:

It's a place to worship and learn more about the word. To learn life lessons so that you can apply them to your life so that you can life a truley christian life. It's a place to become connected to God and get to know him more.

Like tamagirl101 said, when you mention 'church' it really is the people- not the building.
I suppose you are talking about the building and all that goes on so I will elaborate on that. Basicaly, the church is a place of fellowship of other believers. It's not a thing you HAVE to do or you'll go to hell [well, some people believe this but there is no Biblical backing] but it is commanded that we go to a church. It's for the building up of others as well as ourselves. It's a place to learn, grow and get advice.

I've recently have had troubles in my church- it's by no means perfect because we are all still people- and I've noticed a difference, for the worst, in myself actually. I need to get back into it but, really, I don't know how.
You guys really had a war on the unconventional depths of this concept :hitodetchi: !

For one, ~»tamagirl101«~ was the first to tell me as it is, the church is really the people who go there. So many thoughts start to flow through the room, and you'd be surprised by what the little kindergartens say every Sunday.

I suddenly gravitate to think that what MagicalWingLT, Sakura3200, tamagotchiloverforver and temari_sensei_girl said was true. I immediately took this as consideration since most people get over-joyed to see people that sit in front of them every Sunday. Since my church is small, I basically have this special connection to everyone.

paper*cut and Star Tama basically just spoke the 'absolute truth'. I mean, if you don't believe in this, you don't. I actually thought the same thing at once, and you have this sentimental feeling going through you. Your family is religious, and your not. Like you're the rebel of the family, but you stand on your own grounds.

tamaw/pants, like always, basically summarized what he wanted to say through giving a through explanation of what made the most, and somehow gravitated me into believing every part he just said!

I know this may sound like one of those times but... really, this is more than what I just asked XD

I was tought that a church is not a building...its the body of christ. or something like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back