Angelgotchi needs new batteries

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*AngelGirl*

Reaction score
Ok, my baby's battery dies. *sniff* I decide: "I will get my precious angelgotchi a new battery, fire it up and all is well right?"

WRONG! :huh: After getting my brother AND Dad to help we were still unable to open the back to put new batteries in! Is there a trick to it? Help me please! I paid $60 for the stupid thing ova eBay! :)

Maby your using the rong scruw
we tried like a million screws. It's like it doesn't come out or something. Are you supposed to maybe, idk, pull at it a unscrew at the same time, um, lift and screw, whatever. i just cannot get it. i was thinking of taking it to a jeweller.

Someone said that screws on Devils tend to break, so maybe Angel screws are softer and it broke, too...

I agree with tama_rockstar, it's probably a replacement. If you do have a local jeweler, that's not a bad option, just means you have to wait a little longer.

Waiting for batteries sucks, I'm in that stage right now, only because nobody seems to have them here in town, I gotta go a town over.

You say you got your Angelgotchi on eBay, *AngelGirl*? Maybe the previous owner of it accidently(or even purposely)messed up the Angelgotchi and then sold it because they did not want it anymore. That's the only thing I can think of, because I do not know much about Angelgotchis or screws.

Memetchi Dreamer

Ok, my baby's battery dies. *sniff* I decide: "I will get my precious angelgotchi a new battery, fire it up and all is well right?"
WRONG! :mellow: After getting my brother AND Dad to help we were still unable to open the back to put new batteries in! Is there a trick to it? Help me please! I paid $60 for the stupid thing ova eBay! ^_^
Hello, I'm very sorry to hear that,

If you've tried all screwdrivers and still can't get it there might be something wrong with it, which why I say stick to stores, not eBay, keep trying with different screws in both directions, someone may have put a replacement screw in there, which is why it might be stuck. If it still won't work, go to a toy store, there will either be a service desk or you can go to the register, they should be able to help you out, again, sorry to hear you're having problems. >.< hope I helped though ^.^

~Crissy~

[SIZE=11pt]You can only buy AngelGotchis online. No retail store will have them, not even in Japan. So she bought it the only place you could *online!*[/SIZE]

I can't think of a single toy store that would help you out. Please don't bother them. They are not a place to go for parts and service. They are only there to sell and won't have that extra small screwdriver they will need to even begin to help.

My best advice if the screws are truly stuck, they are stripped now right?

You are going to need to drill those out with a very small drill bit. It took me months and months to find a drill bit small enough to drill out the screws on my DevilGotchi. I think the smallest standard size drill bit you can easily find is 1/8 inch? You will need a 1/16th (I hope I am remembering correctly)

Sorry to hear that the screws didn't want to come out on that AngelGotchi, it is rare when it happens to those. I would not bother the seller with that either. I am sure they had no idea unless you bought it with dead batteries and stripped screws. It's yours to deal with now ^_^

[SIZE=11pt]You can only buy AngelGotchis online. No retail store will have them, not even in Japan. So she bought it the only place you could *online!*[/SIZE]
I can't think of a single toy store that would help you out. Please don't bother them. They are not a place to go for parts and service. They are only there to sell and won't have that extra small screwdriver they will need to even begin to help.

My best advice if the screws are truly stuck, they are stripped now right?

You are going to need to drill those out with a very small drill bit. It took me months and months to find a drill bit small enough to drill out the screws on my DevilGotchi. I think the smallest standard size drill bit you can easily find is 1/8 inch? You will need a 1/16th (I hope I am remembering correctly)

Sorry to hear that the screws didn't want to come out on that AngelGotchi, it is rare when it happens to those. I would not bother the seller with that either. I am sure they had no idea unless you bought it with dead batteries and stripped screws. It's yours to deal with now :)
Hello Mothra =)

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that stores can't help, they helped put mine in, but I wasn't having problems, I just bought batteries and wanted to put them in ^.^ I know no store sells them though, I was speaking in general, did you buy it new? In the package? And yes, don't bother the seller! I never implied to do that!

Sorry for the confusion, only wanted to help

~Crissy~

maybe ur tunring it the wrong way... lefty loosey righty tighty!

Well, I bought it new in package so I would HOPE it wasn't secretly damaged cuz it still had the little plastic thingy in the side. -_- I'll try a drill bit or a jeweller. I love it too much to throw it away! It's pink w/ silver wings! Once I got the famous character! What I want though, is the twins!!! -_- I am also considering buying an ocean. I don't collect tamas but I like to play w/ them!

Well, I bought it new in package so I would HOPE it wasn't secretly damaged cuz it still had the little plastic thingy in the side. -_- I'll try a drill bit or a jeweller. I love it too much to throw it away! It's pink w/ silver wings! Once I got the famous character! What I want though, is the twins!!! -_- I am also considering buying an ocean. I don't collect tamas but I like to play w/ them!
=) hello, if it's the new packaging, there shouldn't be anything wrong, as long as it is new packaging. This is tricky, I hope it works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back