Angelgotchi screen saver..?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jirachi-potato

Reaction score
recently bought a used angelgotchi off ebay and got it a week ago! i got time to start it up like... 3 days ago? :huh: when i turned it on the screen was acting really strange. after every few seconds of inactivity from the buttons, it shuts the screen off. the device doesn't restart, but the screen turns itself off. it happens during feeding and games too; anytime a button isn't pressed. here's a video of what i'm talking about. excuse the set up process i did with putting batteries in, it was just to show that the tama actually works and my batteries aren't being weird. :unsure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGbhQ_Zj1fc

tldr; bought a used angel, put batteries in and discovered that the screen turns itself off in a few seconds.

should i send the seller a question?

Heyo,

I had a similar/ the same issue with my Umino and then some message appeared in Japanese.

I'm guessing it said to change the batteries.

Anyway I changed them :) then it was all cool and the screen hasn't been shutting off ever since :)

So it may be the batteries.

If not I wouldn't risk this but maybe it's some loose component in the tama, otherwise yeah,

if it continues after that I highly suggest you send the seller a question. :)

Or even refund it if possible if all hope is lost haha :)

Hope this helps!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Bizarre. Dying batteries usually lead to a gradual fading of the screen, not disappearance altogether like in your video. However, I did notice you had to reset the device at one point to get it to turn on, suggesting those batteries are getting flat. Have you tried different, new batteries?

Bizarre. Dying batteries usually lead to a gradual fading of the screen, not disappearance altogether like in your video. However, I did notice you had to reset the device at one point to get it to turn on, suggesting those batteries are getting flat. Have you tried different, new batteries?
i had to reset it bc the screen doesn't respond when i turn off the sound for some reason ^^; for some reason, i've tried 3 sets of new batteries, but they're not working either.

Heyo,

**snip**

Hope this helps!! :D
as said above, tried different batteries already, but i'm all outta luck :c it's probably something loose in the device but i won't open it bc i'm not amazing at careful work. ._. i've already sent the seller a question about it and i don't know if they can refund? i'll see what they'll do when they reply.

---

thank you both for replying! `U`

Did all the batteries you tried come from the same company & batch? I've gotten a few dud packs of batteries in the past which led to problems with my tamagotchis. It is definitely worth trying a different batch of batteries, if you haven't already, in case it's just a problem with bad batteries and not the toy itself :)

I'm having a similar problem. On my Angel, the bottom row of icons is completely blank, and half of the screen is missing.

Tamaboy9000, i had that problem with an umino when i switched the guts out into another shell, it was because a connection had come loose. If you're happy with opening them up (just have to be gentle/careful) they are quite easy to realign everything and make sure the connections are touching.

Jiratchi, never seen this happen before, if it's not the batteries and you don't want to open it up, see what the seller says

oh ooPs i forgot about this topic for a bit!

anyways, i've popped it open since and did a wipe down of the board. no success, so i went ahead and reseated the screen. nothing either! finally, i tried to resolder the battery contacts and such with the sane result.

i've gotten a refund since but i'm pretty sure i should just go ahead and try some more batteries.

Nothing wrong with keep trying different batteries, and if it still doesn't work keep it so you can use it for spare parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back