Angelogotch Wave 1 & Wave 2

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamaBE

Reaction score
Hey, I am about to purchase a Japanese Angelgotch and I am trying to determine if it Wave 1 or Wave 2.
From what I have heard, the only difference is the menu icon designs, but other than that they should be the same.
Could anyone confirm and is there an overview of the icon differnces somewhere?

Yes you’re right, the only difference between the first and second wave is the icons.

Not sure if you will find any comparison but they used the original 1996 Tamagotchi icons for the first wave and made the second wave with “angelic” themed icons.
Does this also apply to the English or international releases?

Yes you’re right, the only difference between the first and second wave is the icons.

Not sure if you will find any comparison but they used the original 1996 Tamagotchi icons for the first wave and made the second wave with “angelic” themed icons.
That's very interesting because the person selling them told me the exact opposite upon my request. They said that the "angelic theme" icons were wave 1.
But I think in that case there's no plausible reason why they would have changed to the regular 1996 icons after that.

Latest posts

Back