Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the game back in October 2008, but got bored with it in a week or so.

I recently decided to start playing again, so I restarted my town and am playing it again xD

Is Animal crossing: Let's go to the city the same as city Folk?

I have Let's go to the city but I seem to play Wild World more. I think I may restart my town. I will probably have a Raffelasia.

Last edited by a moderator:
City Folk is the North American version.

Let's Go To the City is the European and (I think) Australasian version

... anyway - whatever the name - it's the wii version of the game :ph34r:

Oh. Good. 'cause I have been looking at all the info for City Folk on animalxing.com and I didn't know whether it was the same as Let's go to the city.

Thanks.

I have a question relating to Animal Crossing: City Folk's grass problem (which I am hoping to get). If you make paths using patterns on your town's ground, and you run on those paths, will that wreck the grass? Or will the patterns on top of the grass kill it? I really want to know since I don't want to constantly worry about grass, unlike in Wild World where I can run around pellmell and only worry about flowers. =/

I have a question relating to Animal Crossing: City Folk's grass problem (which I am hoping to get). If you make paths using patterns on your town's ground, and you run on those paths, will that wreck the grass? Or will the patterns on top of the grass kill it? I really want to know since I don't want to constantly worry about grass, unlike in Wild World where I can run around pellmell and only worry about flowers. =/
I haven't played for a long time (bed hair "to die for...") but if you lay paths in City Folk/Let'sGottCity and use them to move around town - running or walking - then it will not wear out the grass... I just don't have the time or inclination to try to lay out paths that will take me to the key destinations - like the Shop and Bus Stop :D

After 7 months of not playing my Wii at all, I turned it on and played this game just today. I have bed hair, but that's alright, since I my character wears my Mii Mask anyway. I like that the grass is green now instead of covered in snow. xD Today was the flea market in my town, but I didn't buy anything because I still have a mortgage to pay off. I have approximately 120,000 Bells in the bank, with a remaining mortgage debt of approximately 180,000 Bells. So I've still got a ways to go. Hopefully I can find the time to play it more this week, because I forgot just how fun it was until today. ^^

I know that if Wisp visits during the week, he only visits on ONE day. Does he visit every week, or is it random?

So there's pretty much no point to working extra hard to get a perfect town in City Folk if I don't care about gold roses, right? Or is there some other secret? @_@

I haven't played for a long time (bed hair "to die for...") but if you lay paths in City Folk/Let'sGottCity and use them to move around town - running or walking - then it will not wear out the grass... I just don't have the time or inclination to try to lay out paths that will take me to the key destinations - like the Shop and Bus Stop :hitodetchi:
Hey TamaMum, I know if you wear out the grass, then you won't have snow, but if you wear out the grass, will that stop you from planting more trees and flowers?

P.S. In YOUR personal opinion, should a person NOT get ACCF if they can't check up on it everyday? Or it doesn't really matter if you only play on weekends so you get a small build-up of weeds and whatnot?

I'm stumped. =/ I'd really like to get the game, but I'm not so sure I'd have a lot of time for it...

Grass wearing out: This happens in the wii (City) game (not the other DS/GC games) if you run or walk around on it alot.

The ground becomes less grassy and you see more of the bare earth instead.

During winter the grassy areas turn into snowy areas, so the less grass you have the less snow you will have.

However, there has never been anything in the game to stop you from planting tress or flowers on earthy or grassy areas - so I don't see that it makes any difference how much grass you have to your tree/flower planting success.

To Buy or Not To Buy?

Entirely up to you.

I really can't tell you what to do - you have to make up your mind yourself after you have weighed up the pros and cons.

You are a different person and will have a different gaming approach to me.

If you think it is important to play every day then you have already answered your own question.

If you don't think it is important to play every day and you don't mind a small build-up of weeds and "whatnot" (?) because you only play at weekends... then you have already answered your own question :p

Good point, TamaMum. =) I think I'll get the game anyway despite the cons. Oh, and by "whatnot" I meant like having to dig up several fossils around town on the weekends, watering brown flowers (and maybe some that disappear because of no watering), and that's pretty much all the whatnot. =P But I guess having my town in perfect condition is only important if I WANT a perfect town (and that golden watering can), and I guess it doesn't really matter about it being perfect or not (As long as it's not below decent anyway) seeing as it doesn't affect gameplay...thanks, TamaMum! You made me think more of this out! :D

Whoopee! My big brother's getting it for me for Christmas!

I guess the only problem they might really cause is to lower your town's rating at the town hall...the weeds may also cover up so much ground that you can't find buried fossils and gyroids. =S

:( :( :(

you made me remember when I had ACWW on ds.

it was so fun and I was edicted to it, but then the game broke.

I got it off ebay and it always had this glitch where it would freeze and I had to turn my ds off to start it again...

but I can still remember how angry Mr. Resetti was!

:) that was Mr. Resetti and I would be all like :)

Whoo-ee! I got ACCF a couple of days ago! *happy dance* I gave it the same town name as the town on my DS and uploaded my character. The problem now is: Getting a perfect town. Whew, it took forEVA to lay out patterns for the acre borders...I planted a ton of trees using cherries (town fruit) and (I think so, but I'm not sure 'cause the town is just so BIG!) put at least three flowers in each acre. I still only have the normal rating though (not passing not failing). Hopefully I can get some axes soon and chop down the trees in the way of my "roads/borders" and then it'll be easier to make sure each acre has about 12 trees and 3 flowers each haha (I like it better if the majority of acres is perfect).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back