Another old kid reliving the dream

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danigotchi

Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Dani from Australia, and when I was young I was one of those kids with as many virtual pets as I could conveniently carry on my keychain. My very first was (I believe) the Pishi Dinosaur in about 1998, which was only because all the original Bandai Tamagotchis were sold out at the time. Following my first (and the numerous technical problems with rip-offs) I finally got my hands on an original (P1) which I loved to death. I accumulated multiple others over the next few years, such as the Giga Kitty, a borrowed P2 I think I may have eventually returned, a "My Family" which was like the Nanos but were less reliable and only sold in Australia, multiple Digimons, and a few other cheap copycats I can't quite recall.

The Bandai Tamagotchi line were always my favourite and noticeably far better quality than the rest. Over time I misplaced all my beloved pets, but in recent years I've been more and more tempted to re-experience my virtual pet phase through some listings I saw on eBay. After my last tax refund this year I finally caved... and went a bit mad. I ordered a brand new P1 and P2, but why stop there? I can have all the ones I always dreamed of when I was a kid! So I've also ordered a brand new Japanese Morino (Forest/Garden Tamagotchi), Umino (Ocean Tamagotchi), Osutchi & Mesutchi (Mating Tamagotchi), Angelgotchi, and a Used but good condition Nano Baby.

I have the P2 which has me grinning and carrying on like a kid again (fiance gives me funny looks but enjoys my reactions) and the rest are on the way. I'm *super* excited.

I've also gone super dorky-mode and compiled a notebook with all the growth charts and relevant instructions I could find for each one I've ordered.

So hi! That's my tama story. I look forward to seeing others and looking out for shared hints/tips & experiences! Nice to meet you all! :)

Welcome to the forums, bro! Glad to see another newcomer! :newmametchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back