Any Inneresting Legends In Your Town?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im close to weird NJ where the devil tree and hells gates are...and along i think clinton(sp?) road if you go sown it at night in your car you'll see all sorts of creepy things
OMG really? you are so lucky!

I read Weird NJ all the time, and I always wanted to go to those places.

And I've heard of the train track kids, in Texas? I read about it in Weird US.

Not that I can think of. I live in a boring little town in Kansas.

But during the parade, the train went by and stopped in the middle of the tracks for whatever reason, and apparently a kid thought it would be funny if he went under the stopped train and came out on the other side. Right after he got out, the train started moving again. That was a few years ago, though.

In Wichita, there's said to be a haunted bridge. Supposedly, a woman killed her children and then herself and haunts the bridge, and the weather there is never the same as anywhere else in the city. People have told me that it was set fire to more than once, but no evidence was ever left behind.

In Stull, Kansas, there is a cemetary and church that are claimed to be one of the seven "gateways to Hell". As in, inside the church, there's a stairway that goes on and on forever.. After a few people had walked down for three hours they began to get scared and decided to walk back up, but got to the top in under ten minutes. But that story is apparently old.

Those were only cities around my hometown, though.

Otherwise, the only legend in my hometown was the F5 tornado that destroyed just about everything in 1991. 24 people were killed because our only outdoor sirens didn't go off, and a lot of others were injured.

There aren't many legends here...but my parents country has so many..i'll post one, but it might sound choppy because there's many variations of it.. :p

Well, in El Salvador, there is a legend of a spirit who roams the riversides at night. She tries to attract men more than anything. Well, it goes that if you're walking by a river side at night on your own, she'll be there and appear as an elegant woman but her face will be covered. The man usually gets closer and closer, or she signals you to come closer. Finally, when the man is close enogh she'll unveil her face to you, wich is an UGLY DISTORTED SKULL1 :mimitchi: The man usually becomes crazy, blind, mute, ect. She is La Siguanaba.

There aren't really any legends in my town. Except for the stupid one that a huge stingray is cemented under a pool in my town and kills little kids.

This isn't really a legend, but it happened a few years ago. There was a 'rogue deer' in my town. Now, generally, all the deer in my town either run away or just stand and stare when a human walks past them. However, about two years ago there was this insane deer that went on a dog killing rampage. It killed like, five dogs and injured two. A lot of people were afraid to go outside or let their dogs out. After a month or so, though, they finally caught the deer and shot it. The weird thing was, the deer didn't even have rabies or anything. He was just insane.

There was also a cheerleader murder here. One girl killed another girl (they didn't exactly figure out why, but it seems that she was jealous) and it took them a really long time to find out who did it. It was really famous and they even made a movie out of it (Death of a Cheerleader).

And there was a rumor in the the part of the town my dad lives in that this one abandoned house on a run down lot was 'haunted'. (The house was actually on the lot of land next to my dad's). But about six months ago they knocked it down and they are almost done building a new house there. The house wasn't haunted, just abandoned and falling apart.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=7pt]It's funny to hear Woodstock, Ontario come up.[/SIZE]

I live a couple hours away.

Well, besides the "Alligators down the sewer" myth that I took seriously as a kid,

nothing seems spooky about Courtice, ON.

[SIZE=7pt]It's funny to hear Woodstock, Ontario come up.[/SIZE]I live a couple hours away.

Well, besides the "Alligators down the sewer" myth that I took seriously as a kid,

nothing seems spooky about Courtice, ON.
Because I was talking about the cow statue xD The only interesting thing about Woodstock...

Yeah, but I'll type them later x.o
But the next town over is... BUM BUM BUM

St Augustine. There are a flippin lot of legends and stuff from there. And the lighthouse was on Ghost Hunters. It's not as scary during the day xD
OMG i've seen that episode lmao

the first guy was like 11 years old.. Right when he went half way up the stairs he chickened out and went back in later..

To answer your question: no, i dont think? lol

oh in my town there was an owner with a reaall loyal dog. the dude died and the dog didn't know it so the dog waited and waited... people gave the dog food and water but the dog wouldn't eat it. the dog kept waiting till it died. the dog died waiting standing up watching for his owner. they named him stiffy green. they stuffed him and put him in front of his owners mouseleum where he guards for eternity

I love ghost hunters, and have seen all of the episodes mentioned. That show pwns :3

My favorite episode is the Leap Castle x3

I don't know if there is anything special about my town, but if anyone could tell me, I would love to know.

Any rumors about Saint Paul, Minnesota?

EDIT: I looked something up on Google, apparently there is something rather close to my home, Griggs Mansion.

I think it would be awesome to tour that place. Suppos- Well, I'm too lazy to tell the story.

Here's a link if you care to look O:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, not necessarily in my town, but I do live in NY and in 1980 a spree killer went around the Buffalo area killing random African American men. Not a legend but more of an interesting fact I guess you could say.

I'm not allowed to say where I live, except it's in WI.

In my town, I guess there was like drug dealing and this guy shot 3 high schoolers in this old creepy house. It's been knocked down and a store is there now. But, it's kinda a scary thing to think about. . .

Umm...Probably about these black figures that hide in the bushes. They creep about at night and push you over. But other than that it's really quiet around here...It's creepy...

lol my cousin is named blake lewis. Have you guys ever heard the story of how the children got hit by a train and now they protect people? Well here it goes.There were these kids in a bus, and they were going across train tracks when the motor stalled or whatever, and they got hit by the train and were all killed. Now whenever you go on the train tracks and stall your motor at night, your car will slowly begin to inch forward. This couple tried it and it worked so they came back the next night and sprinkled baby powder all over the back bumper, and after they did the same as the last night they got out of the car and looked at the bumper which was covered in little child sized handprints.
i heard of that story in a book called Weird U.S. by Mark Moran And Mark Sceurman.

Ssometing like that happened in my town, bellinghaw Wa., too, but there were three kids in a van instead of a dozen in a bus. But the funny thing is, if you get out of your car after it's been moved, you can hear the three little girls crying. i tried it once, and it was really creepy! (and true!) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back