Any Tamas you waiting for?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of, the Amazon release date. Do you think it’ll be shipped on the 18th of August, or on the 28th of July?

Maybe bandai was just hiding it.
Not sure on that. You'd have to ask people who have ordered it from Amazon. I plan to buy mine in store because I'm too impatient to wait for it to be delivered. :D

Being able to connect the Meets and the On (in spite of Bandai's claims to the contrary), and the glitches being fixed are not mutually exclusive, at least!

Translating a game (and ultimately that also applies to the workings of the colour Tamagotchis, too) often involves reprogramming some stuff so that text displays properly in the target language, so with any luck they've fixed the bugs and glitches while they were at it.

The bugs being fixed but everything else remaining the same is what would allow for the two international versions to connect - it's much like how there were different regional revisions of the original Pokemon games that fixed bugs, but they could still trade and battle with each other.

Obviously, this stuff doesn't mean that it will be fixed, either. :lol: But I can't see any reason why they wouldn't fix it when doing what's required for localisation.
Yeah I think the same. Doesn't make sense to release the ON with all the glitches that have been known for a while now long after the Meets release.

Especially when the ON is a bit of a risk for them to be releasing here in the west. Why shoot yourself in the foot by not fixing known problems with the product.

I still sent a message to Bandai America yesterday about it and explained the concerns of some potential buyers relating to it. I plan to post the response here and the Tamagotchi subreddit if I get a response. Someone also brought up that Bandai America might just not be supporting the two units connecting and not fixing or dealing with anything related to that, only working on components that allow two ON's to connect and interact.

I mean, mass market peeps won't wanna connect to the Meets.. and the On is mass market, rite?
What do you mean? Do you mean people and kids who will buy it because it looks neat or they missed out back when Tama's were really popular? Because a lot of people with a Meets are those big into the Tama community and imported them. Either way those glitches in the Meets can be game breakers for a lot of people. Some of the glitches on the Meets from what I've heard are:

1. Draining the battery sometimes as fast as a day despite the brightness being at its lowest.
  2. Tamagotchi won't grow up (called the Peter Pan Glitch by some in the community)
  3. Resetting on its own.
  4. Lagging.

I think Kurb actually meant that the general non-fan consumer wouldn't be interested in connecting their English Tamagotchi to a similar Japanese one. It would be like an English lad with a V4 not caring if his Tamagotchi can connect to a Japanese tama or not, or even wanting to buy a non-English model. And because the Tamagotchi On is available to these non-fans, it attracts them unlike any other model. Thinking like an average consumer, I would consider the language barrier too much of a hassle to bother looking into - not even bothering to learn that it's not complicated - and especially so if I could find one in English. 

I quite appreciate that you all are detailing glitches with the Meets as I had no idea it had those problems.

I think Kurb actually meant that the general non-fan consumer wouldn't be interested in connecting their English Tamagotchi to a similar Japanese one. It would be like an English lad with a V4 not caring if his Tamagotchi can connect to a Japanese tama or not, or even wanting to buy a non-English model. And because the Tamagotchi On is available to these non-fans, it attracts them unlike any other model. Thinking like an average consumer, I would consider the language barrier too much of a hassle to bother looking into - not even bothering to learn that it's not complicated - and especially so if I could find one in English. 

I quite appreciate that you all are detailing glitches with the Meets as I had no idea it had those problems.
Yes. Exactly.

(EDIT: I also forgot to add that the legitimate multi-pet Dinkies don't include all of the growth-paths for the included animals, unlike the single-pet versions.)
I am right now bidding on a 4-in-1, does it not include all the growth-paths!?!?!? 😰

How nerfed is it?  This sounds terrible! 

I am right now bidding on a 4-in-1, does it not include all the growth-paths!?!?!? 😰

How nerfed is it?  This sounds terrible! 
I learned about it from this article covering the rare 8-in-1 Dinkie multi-pet. It may not be as pronounced on the 4-in-1 version.

On the bright side, the multi-Dinkies were the only way to get the Dinkie Puppy, which, as far as I know, wasn't issued as a solo virtual pet. So it's probably worthwhile even with the possibility of missing growth-paths!

"All of the characters only follow one unique growth pattern, whereas with regular (non multi-pet) Dinkie pets you usually get 3 different possible growth patterns per animal. "

Wow! One? The different growth-paths are important! I hope this Isn't the case with the 4-in-1... I am winning the bidding right now.

They should write on package how it is!

Bought a definite curio:

uAYC120.png

MhzTWxx.png

I have no clue what it is besides it's some sort of fish pet that probably has icons on the sides of the screen. Somebody was selling another one in a different colour:

KdO7ESc.png

Should be pretty fun to tinker around with when it come :^) I would really like to start and Oddpet log but, life. I might just settle for doing a short review/discussion of it once I run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back