Anyone feel that?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pyonchit

Reaction score
That earthquake?

Like.. one minute ago?

I was sitting at my desk and everything started shaking. Not just like a little something, like, shaking. Nothing fell over, though. The lamp stuck to the ceiling is still swinging around.

Dunno where it hit. If it was near here, then it was medium sized, and if it was far away, then it would be pretty big :I

Yeah. It was weird, it scared me more than the earthquakes earlier this year and this summer, but it didn't feel as big (it was appearantly a lot bigger than those though, this was a 5.6 and those were 4.somethings.). I guess I'm just farther away from this earthquake than the other ones. Nothing shook, I can't really explain this one. It just moved a little bit back and forth, like swaying.

I don't know why, but I've become really afraid of earthquakes recently. I hid under my desk for two minutes, because I was afraid it was a foreshock to a bigger one. And then my mom called. She appearently thought it was pretty big, so I looked it up.

It was five miles North East of Alum Rock, wherever that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm fine, although five miles north east of Alum Rock is apparently near where my stepbrother is, says my mom.

The room I'm in is pretty dangerous, as far as earthquakes go, because there are these 7 foot high bookcases that could fall over and I could be hit by the glass in some picture frames we have in there. Actually, I'm glad that none of them fell on me.

Where'd you find where they said it hit, fluffums? My parents are asking. (Haha, see, tamatalk IS useful! > :D Take that, parents!)

I'm fine, although five miles north east of Alum Rock is apparently near where my stepbrother is, says my mom.The room I'm in is pretty dangerous, as far as earthquakes go, because there are these 7 foot high bookcases that could fall over and I could be hit by the glass in some picture frames we have in there. Actually, I'm glad that none of them fell on me.

Where'd you find where they said it hit, fluffums? My parents are asking. (Haha, see, tamatalk IS useful! > ;) Take that, parents!)
Well I've never experienced an earthquake (or even felt it from far away) but I do live in a highly seismic zone. Although the last large earthquake over here where I live was in 1967. Although I'm not in a very safe place either...I live in the 10th floor of a building. =\

Last edited by a moderator:
>___> Nup... My things always shake because of the trains down the street, so it would seem like that to me if I even did feel it.

Jeeze, thats a /big/ bookcase, you seem rich 0____o

At least you guys are getting your earthquakes o.o' The last one we had was about 10 years ago. We're looong overdue.

I fear what our next one will be like.

Jeeze, thats a /big/ bookcase, you seem rich 0____o
It isn't my bookcase, it belongs to my parents. How does a big bookcase make you seem rich? o__o'

My family isn't rich in the live-in-a-mansion, go-to-private-school sense. We're not poor though.. :U

Oh wow. That's scary.

I've never been in an earthquake- we don't have fault lines around us. :x

... Jeeze, thats a /big/ bookcase, you seem rich 0____o
LOL :)

Big bookcases don't mean you're rich.

They mean you love reading and books...

Living in the UK we don't get much in the way of Earthquakes...

I've only ever felt one earth tremor that lasted about 40 seconds, when on holiday in France - we were staying with friends and it happened about 4am one morning... me? I woke up and thought it was their old central heating system firing up for the morning and the water pipes rattling ^_^ and went straight back to sleep... :angry:

Perhaps :0

I've heard that this earthquake may be a little one and that there's a bigger one coming, which is kind of scary. o___o

No earthquake for me, I hope you don't get hit any harder. ^-^

I've never experienced an earthquake myself, but I've heard what they're like. They can be pretty powerful, can't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back