Are Tamagotchis A Rip-off?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylie2989

Reaction score
At walmart in florida a tamagotchi is $14.95! Do u think this is a rip-off! I DO! :) :angry: :angry:

Well, considering that us UK people have to play 13.99 for them. Which is around $26.50.

Allthough, Im not sure if theres been a price drop.

I'd much rather pay $15 for a good quality virtual pet, than $2-$8 for a lesser quality pet.

Every store where I live sells tamas for 15$ so no I don't think so. Even online stores like Amazon.com sells them for 15+$, actually there was a tama on amazon for 8 dollars the other day, I bought it.

Chloe^.^

A rip-off? No, where I live, tamas are $15. I think it's a fairly good price. If it were up to me I'd sell them from $8-15, depending on how rare they are.

But I think $15 is a good price. ^_^

I think Tama's (that is to say recent tamas i have no clue what they used to cost i wasn't into them then) Have always been 15 dollars for the newest versions. Here in PA you can get a v4 or v4.5 for 10 dollars and the v5's are 15 dollars.

I don't think it's a ripoff at all. If you play with your Tama a lot and get enjoyment out of it i think 15 dollars is a great price. I love my Tama and i think it was totally worth the 15 dollars i paid for it. :3

If the tama was broken and the packaging was damaged than yes it is a ripoff.

No, tamagotchis are good quality virtual pets and $15 is a resonable price. :D

T_R

If you think $15ish dollars is a ripoff then you don't wanna know how much some of the older tamas out there cost :rolleyes: Or you're frugal with money. I think that price is quite reasonable for a newer bandai virtual pet.

I'd much rather pay $15 for a good quality virtual pet, than $2-$8 for a lesser quality pet.
Exactly. You get what you pay for. I think you get a decent bang for your buck at $15 for these things.

Also, the price for Tamagotchis has not moved at the retail level since they were released in 1997. They originally came out at $15. They do a lot more now for the same price. :unsure:

Go to a dollar store and get one of those horrid new multi pets. See what you get for $5? no thanks! :rolleyes:

I compare Tamagotchis to video games a lot, since they do have a lot in common. Even the cheapest video games that are a year or two old cost around $20. A brand new Tamagotchi is $15, and in most cases I get more hours of use out of them than the $20 video games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back