Are you emo?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whats a emo
EMo is like people who wear black alot and they dye their hair black, and do their hair in the emo hairstyle (fringe over one eye so you can only see one eye) and apparently they cut their wrists coz they like hurting themselves or something.

No and I have nothing against emo kids either I hang out with goth kids but I'm not a goth or emo. Alot of people have asked me though because my hair sometimes gets in my face so they are like "Are you emo...?" I'm like "No I'm not" it's kind of annoying when people just assume that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not emo, but I have black hair XD
Lmao same I am not emo but my hair is naturally black soooo I get called it *alot* and it annoys the **** outta me but I guess thats life and I have nothing againts emos...

Edit: I may have already posted here idk I saw it in the thing soo yeah my bad :'(

Last edited by a moderator:
People would say I have certain things about me that might shift me into the emo category.

I like black, and I wear it a lot. Somevof my music is apparently, "what emos listen to".. But idk, there are all sorts of things you can be, and stereotyping isn't fair, especially because, from what I've been told my some of my friends is that some (yes, some, no stereotyping xD) like to think of themselves individual

I support all types of people, we're all unique =]

Blahh.

There's a difference between a cutter and an emo.

Just saying.

I'm not lovin' all these girls I see in my school trying to be 'emo' or 'punk'.

It's ridiculous. All of them are saying they're depressed and whatnot.

'Emo', 'punk', 'scene'; any person who claims to be one of these labels are probably from a family with a good amount of money and pretty good lives.

Am I saying nobody in the world is depressed? No, I get there are people that are very depressed and tend to look 'emo'.

I'm just pointing out the fact most of the people who claim they are are POSEURS.

Seriously, I saw a girl who tried so hard to be emo she drew fake cuts on her wrist with make up. This is what I call a poseur, poseurs are just attention seekers.

I have nothing against emos, just poseurs xP

Ya know, labels wouldn't be bad, if it weren't for one main thing. Because everyone has different ideas on what 'emo' is, you can't really use it correctly. So, if I saw a boy with the black layered spikes and bangs, wearing a tight T with skinny jeans and whatnot, then I could say, "He's emo." As where I just meant to say, "He wears black and has that one hairstyle." But someone else might take it as, "He cuts himself and whines about life." So when I say that he's emo, different people will take it differently. So, there is no real correct definition. I don't think anyone could claim to be emo, because of that.

^ I agree with you completely. Emo was originally a style of music, but it drifted into a style and now a 'way of life'? It's so confusing. o.x

Well, I got called an emo freak today. D; I was in the hallway, and someone was like, "Ew, don't go near her! She's an emo freak. She might bite you or something." O:

It's sad honestly. But I don't consider myself emo.

Ugghh.

Everyone calls me emo because I wear funny, brighlty coloured tees, neon or jean skinnies, and converse.

And because I like bands like "All Time Low", "The Medic Droid", "NeverShoutNever" and "Stereo Skyline".

But mostly because I wear pretty dark eyeliner. Like, what is it with people these days? o_O

They judge you based on your preferences in makeup, clothes and music.

I don't slit my wrists. And I'm not depressed.

^ That's either refered to as "scene," or "prep," at my school. ATL, TMD, NeverShoutNever!, Mayday Parade, and Stero Skyline are all very popular at my school.

In my school, "emo" is trip pants, baggy clothes, wearing ALL black, chains, studs, etc.

^ Well, to my school, it's considered emo. o.o They have no clue what it really means.

^ Sorry if I sounded like I telling you were wrong or something. D; That's not what I was implying at all. My school's just odd that way. I reread my post, and realized I came off a little too.... what's the word? All like, well-you're-wrong-ish. :X

I was called, "emo" today because I wore my black skinny jeans, rolled up like boyfriends, my black Converse, a black t-shirt, and had my bangs in my face. Which isn't my "normal" appearence at all. I normally dress more brightly, and am labled, "scene" or "punk". It amazes me how labels can change in a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back