Are you emo?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It releases endorphins, which make you feel good. Exercising and eating chocolate also release endorphins.
Really? o..O How does that work?

It releases endorphins, which make you feel good. Exercising and eating chocolate also release endorphins.
yay, I was right, only I dont know such fancy words =].

Comparing chocolate to cutting and how they relieve different things are like comparing apples... and bloated frogs. xP
Another reason why people might cut is because they want to get their mind off other problems. Have you ever had a headache? And then to relieve that pain, you pulled your hair or smacked yourself? Well... it helps my headaches, anyway! xD But it may be something like that, kind of a focus on this pain and not the pain around them.
1. Bloated frogs....where did that come from?

2. DOES it work??? I've never tried it...but it...er...sounds...er interesting.

3. How does hurting yourself make you feel better? Cutting? Smacking yourself? Er...pulling your hair??? Like...how do you et those endorphins?

Last edited by a moderator:
You remind more of a goth but then...
I'm a goth though. I do it to scare some older girls in my school.
thats funy lol I want to be emo

Well I don't pay that much attention to stereotypes.

People keep calling me 'emo'. It pisses me off very much.

I don't think that I'm 'emo'. I don't really know what 'emo' exactly is anyway. (Well, I only know minor details.)

i don't like to call myself emo i wear sumthin black alot...i like to joke around and say stuff like "you crushed my self-esteem(sp)" I'm kinda sensative to stuff. I love anime...am i...emo...anime...animemo. but all in all i call myself...Me.

I HATE labels x_x

People always call me

'Skater girl'

'Scene kidd'

'Emo Kidd'

'punk'

and even 'Goth'

its so annoying.

I mean what is 'Emo'?

It seems like its always something diffrent, you know?

ethier way, Im NOT emo and I refuse to label myself.

Where I live, My nickname is 'Emo' because of what I wear.

Its sad, I cant wear what im comfortable in without being labeled.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what 'emo' even is to be honest. I thought I knew what it was, but it seems wrong now.

'emo' is a word used in people's modern lives. "That shirt is so emo!", "That band is so emo!"... Do we know what emo even is?

At my school, emo is considered people who like bands like, My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco, and other artists like so. Emo is cutting yourself or talking about suicide attempts :eek: Seriously... what is emo?

Emo?

I don't like or use tags.

People think of "emo" as people who enjoy:

1. Cutting themselves

2. Trying to kill and make other people miserable.

3. Are very emotional

4. Are always miserable

5. Wear black alot and have those what people call "emo" haircuts.

People missuse "emo". But what ever, I don't support "emos"

[SIZE=7pt]I don't embrace the lifestyle, as life is supposed to be good, not miserable.[/SIZE]

Why all of the labels?

We're just people. With our own styles.

But I do like the haircuts you're talking about. They look hot. :)

1. Bloated frogs....where did that come from?2. DOES it work??? I've never tried it...but it...er...sounds...er interesting.

3. How does hurting yourself make you feel better? Cutting? Smacking yourself? Er...pulling your hair??? Like...how do you et those endorphins?
I didn't know about the endorphins. Evidently cutting gives you that kind of "high" like you get after you get a good work out. It's by no means healthy though so don't get any ideas about it.

Yeah, sometimes that helps to relieve my pain a bit. My friend showed me a pressure point she said that pressing helps. But that's off topic. xP

Sadly enough if I were to walk in to a school hallway they would immediately be like, 'OMG YEW EMO. UR ALSO TALL AND SLIGHTLY OVERWEIGHT SO UR GUNNA BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF ME AND RIP MAH FAEC OFF. RUN FER YER LIIEVVESSS."

-.-'

Emo is none but a label, and those who say "OMG LOL IM EMO LOLOLOLOL", the only possible thoughts that could make them think they were emo is because Hot Topic has a black theme. OMG. Emo store, lolnot. Graphic T-shirts, armwarmers, cargo pants, doc martens, and converse are not emo, g'dangit.

Sadly enough if I were to walk in to a school hallway they would immediately be like, 'OMG YEW EMO. UR ALSO TALL AND SLIGHTLY OVERWEIGHT SO UR GUNNA BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF ME AND RIP MAH FAEC OFF. RUN FER YER LIIEVVESSS."
-.-'

Emo is none but a label, and those who say "OMG LOL IM EMO LOLOLOLOL", the only possible thoughts that could make them think they were emo is because Hot Topic has a black theme. OMG. Emo store, lolnot. Graphic T-shirts, armwarmers, cargo pants, doc martens, and converse are not emo, g'dangit.
Thank you for that rant. =3

Emo -originally was a tye of music, but people extended that and now make it like;The cut themselves (Not all emo's do though. ;) )

The dye their hair black.

Um, and they wear black clothes, or is tha goth.

Wow, I guess im not really sure either, although I have a basic idea. <3

Noooope, im not emoo, im hyper! <3
No.

Emo is basically a poor understanding of pop culture. :)

Goth is more an art. It is not a style. If you say "LOL! I'M SOOOOO GOTH! YAYAYA!" because you might be wearing black or have black hair, then I don't know what type of pop culture your in to, but its the wrong one. Being a real goth includes sharing at least a few of the political views, liking the music, etc. Sadly enough, most media translates 'goth' as in wearing black and beating the crap out of people.

Not many people label me. But I consider myself borderline-emo/full-blown punk. I mean,I like the skulls and horn-rimmed glasses,I've cut myself once or twice,and I like the heavy metal and emo-screamo music.

Not many people label me. But I consider myself borderline-emo/full-blown punk. I mean,I like the skulls and horn-rimmed glasses,I've cut myself once or twice,and I like the heavy metal and emo-screamo music.
Sounds like your a poser to me :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back