Are you emo?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cut myself and I don't listen to emo music or wear black and paint my nails black ect... but i am however a tomboy. yes i know i need help but just because you cut yourself it doesn't mean you're emo okay? it means your depressed and quite disturbed like me. and emos aren't necessarily depressed so before you go tattling about the emo kid in your class cutting his/herself remember my post 'kay? you don't know that the quiet bookworm girl "madison" may be cutting herself too if you know what i mean...
I'm sorry, but what?

Why are you shouting it out to the world that you cut? Posing much?

That was a bit rude, sorry, but it's just what I thought.

And like Rachel said, there's a difference between feeling depressed and actually being depressed.

OT: Well. I don't know. I wear skinny jeans, but around here, everyone does, it's not considered emo if you wear skinnies. I wear black nail varnish, but that's still not really considered emo.

People I know would classify emos like this:

- Listen to heavy, screamo music.

- Wear a lot of dark eye make-up.

- Dark clothes with skulls on them.

- The "emo" haircut.

I'm really just me. :I

I don't label, either. ;]

People pose, a lot. I hate posers. I don't mind emos or scenes, that's who they are and I can accept it.

But posers... Don't get me started...

Ohyah - Since when did people who write a lot become emo? I write all the time. P:

Yes but I don't cut. I'm also slightly depressed, but that's moslty because of how people treat me in school. I don't even want to begin what I'm talking about. If you ever saw me at school, you would probably see what I mean. (8th grader). I'm scared to know how high school will be, knowing how I am right now...

I love to write dark poems, and my favorite band is Linkin Park.

I definitely am not an emo. Emos are just posers, trying to look cool. I think it's silly. I wear black nail polish, and some people may think that's emo, but it's not. I don't cut myself and I don't have bangs that cover my eyes.

If I'm going to fall under any of the labelling categories, consider me a preppy nerd.
That wasn't very nice, calling emo's posers. Emo's don't try to act cool, they act that way because of the way things are in life. If you are very quiet and have a small crazy side that tends to get out of control, people make fun of you, making fun of you, making you feel so bad until they make you cry. So then they would wear black and all dark colors because some emo's don't want to be seen.

Walking in a Hollister or some other preppy store is usually wear their "bullies" would hang out, causing them to shun all the brightness and all the clothes.

I am not a total emo, in fact I'm a nice emo, and I'm actually quite funny, once you get to know me. So please, don't make fun of emo's, to save a life, and don't accuse people of cutting theirselves. NOT ALL EMOS DO THAT I DON'T DO THAT MEANIE!!!!

I don't know.

I get called emo alot.

Just because I dress as what the people I know define as 'emo' and I sometimes listen to 'emo' music, doesn't mean I'm emo.

From what I know, the term emo came from being emotionally unstable.

That's what I am.

I'm not really the sterotype 'emo' alot of people turn their noses up at, but it really depends on what you define emo to be. :/

Edit: reading what Phoebe and Katie said, I would classify myself as scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely am not an emo. Emos are just posers, trying to look cool. I think it's silly. I wear black nail polish, and some people may think that's emo, but it's not. I don't cut myself and I don't have bangs that cover my eyes.

If I'm going to fall under any of the labelling categories, consider me a preppy nerd.
Wow. Labeling a little much?

I don't like the 'popular' people. Does that mean I'm going to go call them posers? No, because they like what they like and wear. So do emos: They like what they like and wear. What is the difference between the two? They are both people. Stop treating emos like they have rabies or something :I

If someone is labeled 'emo', they don't have to have 'bangs', cut themselves and wear black nail polish you know. You act like emos are all the same and they're not.

Get your facts straight, hun.

I like the emo style, but I don't act the way most people think emos would. And I'm pretty emotionally stable, so I don't think I'm emo :)

Eh, I don't really think emo describes anything. It's just short for emotional.
Anyways, no I'm not, but I love the style. I could never pull it off though.
i love the style also.

And if emo was short for emotional,I would be.

I'm finding this all amusing to read. x3 Someone accused me over the internet mind you, of being emo. I find that funny since emo is after my time. class of 2004 to be exact. I don't dress emo either(I'm to old for that) I guess they judged me by my taste in music. I like alot of Metal,rock, and alternative. Alot of songs I like are sad ones, because I can relate to them sometimes. Sure I have my share of problems but isn't that in fact true for every person in this world? Yeah so no I'm no more emo then the rest of the world. So it being a "way of life" seems silly because well everyone is emotional in some way.

God, no. I'm Diva. And as far as I'm concerned, I have always been and will always be Diva.

Yeaah. I've been called a variety if things, which all insulted me. But now my mindset is a "screw them all, because when you get down to it, you are the only one that matters" kinda deal.

Mm. I know kids who've cut themselves and wouldn't fit into your typical emo kid stereotype. Hell. All the kids I know are (in my eyes) easily split into two groups: a. the kids who you just can't stereotype and b. the kids who seem like they're trying to be someone else.

And yeah. I have friends in both categories. The majority at my school are type a's.

We have some b's. Mainly those "scene" kids. If there's one thing I hate, it's them. You can tell who's who. Are constantly going on about what show they're going to, have so much crap on their hair, pile on makeup, over accessorize. The ones who try a little too hard--(walk around telling people they're scene kids--it happens)

But that's a breakdown of life here.

Sure we have our fair share of other stereotypes. Everything.

Gah. That was long and ranty.

I just can't believe what started as a subgenre of music has become such a widespread sort of worshipping cult like organization.

And yeah, maybe my wording is a little harsh, but you get that after a girl tells you emo is her religion.

I just can't believe what started as a subgenre of music has become such a widespread sort of worshipping cult like organization. And yeah, maybe my wording is a little harsh, but you get that after a girl tells you emo is her religion.
OMGZ :huh: Its a religion now too! (my weak attempt to be funny)

Cutting is mental problem and can affect any teen no matter what they label themselves or others call them.

The emo label just brings it out into the light more. Not everyone who labels themselves that does that though from what I've learned.

What I find funny about stereotypes is it always seems like they make it where people can only like certain things(example:Music) to even be considered that stereotype. No one is going to tell me what I can and can't like and expect me to stick around.

Why do people insist on labeling themselves?

I think labels are just silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are two kinds of emo:

The stereotypical one that thinks the only Emotion is sadness and cuts themselves, has that puffy/funky hairdo, and wears black, and there is the regular that is just plain... emotion. (ex. happy, sad, mad, etc.)

I like the regular. The stereotypical one is a 'label' and sometimes is just what people claim they are; not really who they really are.

Whatever it is, these are just names used to "Label". I'm not a prep, tomboy, nerd or emo. I'm normal. (Random tew O:)

I'm not a stereotype emo. I don't cut and all that.

Most of the time, I'm just a happy girl in neon legwarmers that enjoys laughing at the weird things in life.

I'm too happy right now. I never cut, or get depressed. I just get p!ssed at life sometimes.

I was..

but that phase's way over now.

I used to cut myself too,

but that was before I found the light at the end of my tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back