baby sitting...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmissgotchi

Reaction score
i've baby sat for 3 years but ushuly i baby sit lil tiny kids from 1-3 they usuly play with there toys and watch t.v. and MABE go out side! im baby sitting rite now a 6 year old she dosn't wanna play with toys or watch t.v. OR go outside! any ideas what i can do?

[SIZE=21pt]A Good Idea Is To Play a Game With Her Like A Board Game Or Tag ,Hide'n'seek,Or Any Thing To Make Him/Her To Tired.[/SIZE]

Hope I Helped,

2015PHSGRAD :p

Okay, that should be good! If she gets bored of that, you could turn it into something like tag, simon says, red light green light, or something else.

[SIZE=21pt]A Good Idea Is To Play a Game With Her Like A Board Game Or Tag ,Hide'n'seek,Or Any Thing To Make Him/Her To Tired.[/SIZE] 

Hope I Helped,

2015PHSGRAD :p
thats sorta a good idea,run all their energy out by doing active games and they'll be pooped and wanna go to bed,good thinking :D

I like some of the ideas above =]

Also, if you have any pets (Like a dog) and It's not too late you can walk it.

Recreational acvtivies also would be fun. Painting, drawing, sport, board games and things to keep the mind active are good to tire you out.

Good luck with that!

This is probably a bit late, but having experience in babysitting since I was 16, this information should help you with any future babysitting jobs...

1. Get all the information on the children from the parents before hand. This means find out any quirks about them as well as likes or dislikes and any "mind games" they may of played on the parents to get their own way when they shouldn't (easier to call'em quirks). This will help you determine if the kid is weaseling some extra stuff when they shouldn't.

I notice if a kid wants something usually saying "So if I call your mom at work, they'll say it's okay?" and about 80% of the time the kid will stop bugging about it then because they know if I call they get caught lol. And even if you have to call, least then the kid knows you aren't going to do everything their little heart desires. The one blind 6 year old I babysay last year did that a lot.

This also works to find stuff to do that'll interest the kid, and possible conversation...and if they require medication or special care.

2. Be consistent. This means if they misbehave, always act accordingly. I do 3 warnings then I'm calling the parent at work, and sending the kid to their room for a time out. If the kid is behaving well or better than usual, let the leash go a little as the expression goes and treat them to something they don't normally get from the parent. That's what I do.

If the kid is already being punished when you get to babysitting, follow the parent's instructions on grounding exactly. Make sure you are aware because if the kid gets into stuff when grounded when they shouldn't, and the mother yells at you, make sure you tell them they did not know about the punishment and it's not fair to yell at you for not knowing. Anyway Consistency in praise and punishing is important for kids.

3. Screen your potential "employers". I say this because I've had parents who were complete whack jobs who expected too much from me or give me an extremely hard time or don't pay neough for the amount of care you have to give to their offspring. You deserve respect and courtesy just as much as their children and any disrespect you let them know you do not appreciate and any further problems will result in you quitting. Make sure yuo have your parent or guardian on your side about this too. After a parent gets in my face too much or gives me a hard time to a point, I let my mother handle them. Sure I'm 21, but after a certain point, it's nice to know a lady who has connections in law and such ^_^ It helps. Don't put up with garbage.

Now as for wages, if you don't feel you're being paid enough from an employer for the amount of work you do, go through with them exactly how much you're being paid by hour in a day and why. If they can raise your pay after time working with them, go for it. If not, don't worry bout it, but I suggest looking for a better pay while still babysitting.

4. Keep track of everytime you either get paid or how much you get paid per hour in a day. Mark it on your calendar if you have to but keep track so if you get paid weekly or bi-weekly you will know how much you are supposed to get and noone can argue with you on the amount.

Finally, with all this advice, the big thing is do what's right for you. If anything in the deal for a gig seems off or weird, your intuition is probably right and it's best to stay away from that particular babysitting job from that particular employer. If they ask why just say you are committed to other projects and other "clients" at the time. Better to be safe than sorry, especially with parents you just met.

Hope this stuff helps! Any further things I recall I'll add to this post :D

Glad it went ok : )

When I babysit, Right before I go home I ask the kid(s) what they wanna do next time. I write it down. When I go back I take out the list and those are the first activiteies we do : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back