Band

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redtama

Reaction score
Title is self explanitory...Do you play an instrument for Band?

I mean, Concert/Symphonic/Wind Essemble band...Not much marching...Theres a post here about it..Someplace..

Anyway, I play Trombone for Symphonic Band[7th Grade band]

And I play Flute for Jazz.

And I will love you forever if you put down what your instrument looks like and such......And if you tell me what your playing for your concert. <3

Trombone:

Brand: C.G. CONN

Key: Bb

Level and Model: Student. Director is the model.

Instrument Color:....Gold.

Slides: Gold outer and silver inner.

Counterweight:Uh..Yeah, it says CONN. <3

Dents: YES, about...8?

Range: Tenor.

Flute:

Brand:Gemienhardt

Key:??

Level and Model: Student. 2SP.

Colour:Silver.

Keys: Silver.

Dents:Not much..And mini one in the headjoint. Otherwise, No. <3

Range: Soprano

~If you play a Harmony Wind...Please post!Harmony winds:

Alto Flute

Bass Flute

Contrabass and below flutes

Alto Trombone

Bass and below trombones

Alto and Below clarinets

English Horn and below Oboes

Baritone and below saxophones

And I'm somewhat sure the Euphonium is different from Baritone. I think Euphonium is lower than the Baritone, but not as low as the Tuba.

Last edited by a moderator:
I play both flute and piccolo! But this year I play piccolo! So I'll vote piccolo!

EDIT:

My flute just looks like any normal silver flute.

But my piccolo is actually cool looking! On the body joint, the body of it is black and the keys are gold (not REAL gold, but a gold color) and the headjoint is all gold.

I play both flute and piccolo! But this year I play piccolo! So I'll vote piccolo!
EDIT:

My flute just looks like any normal silver flute.

But my piccolo is actually cool looking! On the body joint, the body of it is black and the keys are gold (not REAL gold, but a gold color) and the headjoint is all gold.
Awesome!

What brand are the your instruments?

~~~

Here's what were playing:

Amazing Grace

As the Dawn Breaks

For the Beauty of the Earth[Chorale]

And the bells shall ring

Caribbean Christmas

Thats for our winter concert.. Which is one day before my Birthday...Concert Date: 12/10/08 [My b-day is 12/11]

Well for the class I got stuck playing tenor saxaphone. It's an awesome instrument but I only know 7 notes so far.xP

For after school band I play bass. I actually know how to play it though.

Well for the class I got stuck playing tenor saxaphone. It's an awesome instrument but I only know 7 notes so far.xP
For after school band I play bass. I actually know how to play it though.
My band director says I can't do tuba until he thinks im ready. xP

Tenor Sax is awesome.

My band director says I can't do tuba until he thinks im ready. xP
Tenor Sax is awesome.
How can you be "ready" for a tuba? lol

Are you doing like, lip exersizes or something? xP

And it is. :] I keep breaking my reeds though.

I play flute, and I can't really describe it.

My boyfriend plays trombone. xD

How can you be "ready" for a tuba? lolAre you doing like, lip exersizes or something? xP

And it is. :] I keep breaking my reeds though.
I asked my band director, he said "Well Skadi, theres MANY levels of trombone. And I want YOU to master them"...o___o I think he wants me better on high notes[i sound like i'm trying to shave a cat whenever I do high notes..xD]. I'm not the worst trombonist, fyi. xDDD

[3rd chair...Out of four. :| Lolifail]

I don't understand saxophones and clarinets thought. You know, the reed and everything???

Applemonkey:

Is it like, sliver?

Or gold?

OFFTOPIC:

I want a silver trombone. Two lucky Horn players have sliver horns, but I want a silver trombone. I'm gonna ask my BD if they have them at my school. <3

What are you guys playing for your next concert?

Winter concert, to be specific.

Symphonic:

I posted them.

Jazz:

Ain't Misbehavin'

Freddie Freeloader

Besame Mucho

We do Latin,Blues and Jazz in our [well] Jazz Band.

How can you be "ready" for a tuba? lol
EDIT:

I KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO WORK ON!!! YESSS! [Magical Tuba effect, do not try out the magical tuba, this will happen. Side effects: Happiness.]

I have to do Pedal Tones...Well...Your a Woodwind, and I'm a Woodwind AND Brasswind, and on Brass, their imaginary notes that go VERY VERY low....Those are pedal tones. They aren't real notes, never used in music. I don't think pedal tones are on woodwinds....

I asked him if I could play Tuba[And hopefully, both TUBA AND TROMBONE for spring] in the spring, he said maybe.

I<3themagicaltubathathasmanydents...

Well marching season is over. I had soo much fun playing my piccolo this year! If someone puts the show on youtube or myspacetv, then you all can hear my wonderful piccolo solo!

Anyways, here's a video of our band's show from '04. Everyone there has graduated... sadly =( But here's the video! This is like, one of our school's BEST shows EVER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIbV6oO4beg

There's a piccolo solo at the beginning of the show and I LOVE THAT SOLO! I can play it just as good as that person did. I never knew her because that year was her senior year I believe. Either that or her junior year.

Well marching season is over. I had soo much fun playing my piccolo this year! If someone puts the show on youtube or myspacetv, then you all can hear my wonderful piccolo solo!
Anyways, here's a video of our band's show from '04. Everyone there has graduated... sadly =( But here's the video! This is like, one of our school's BEST shows EVER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIbV6oO4beg

There's a piccolo solo at the beginning of the show and I LOVE THAT SOLO! I can play it just as good as that person did. I never knew her because that year was her senior year I believe. Either that or her junior year.
Wow. I wanna ask my mom if she can send me videos from 6th Grade Band, and summer band. >]

Maybe I can post em here. =O

But were doing LOTS OF music now! >w<

Symp. Band:

An American Hymntune[Amazing Grace]: Awesome Horn part. Awesome trombone part.

Caribbean Christmas: Awesome trombone parts! Glissando's. <3

Joyeuk Noel: AWESOME song. It's medieval Christmas music. :]

And the bells shall ring: I actually I like it now. 8D

As the dawn breaks: Clarinets are special in this song. ;_____;

For the Beauty of the Earth: Pwn. C=

Jazz:

Ain't Misbehavin: Indescribable. 8] I love it, it has a AWESOME flute part. And a sax solo.

Freddie Freeloader: Everybody LIKES this song. I HATE it! D<

All the things you are: [Does the title even have proper grammar?] It's okay. =\ Except the fact that it's first Latin, then changes to swing, back and forth.

Besame Mucho: Ultimate pwnage. >:3 Best Trombone/Clarinet/Bass Guitar/Drum part.

Summer Band:

Majestia: PWNAGE!!! It has a great Flute solo I hope to obtain this year! =]

Caribbean Carnival[Aka, Caribbean Cannibal] : It sounded like a "BananaBoat" commercial. xD

Starwars: Raider's March[indiana Jones] : Pwnage. But we won't be play it for 7th grade band. ;___;

George Of The Jungle: ULTIMATE PWNAGE!!!! No words can explain it. Once you play it, it's mind-blowing. :3

OHYEAH!

And I'll lurve you even MORE if you tell me the size of your band! <3

8th grade band: [This was last year's] :

1 Piccolo

5 Flutes

7 Clarinets

3 Altos

2 Tenors

1 Bari

2 Trumpets...o_o

1 Trombone

2 Percussion. O_O

7th grade Symp. Band:

From Least to greatest:

1 Bari Sax

1Tenor Sax

2 [1/2, One doubles on Tenor]

4 Flutes

4 Trumpets

4 Trombones

4 Horns

5 Clarinets

6 Percussion.

Students: 31. Wow. Tons of people quit, ;_;

Last year's 7th grade band:

8 Clarinets

7 Trumpets

7 Altos

4 Flutes

3 Tenors

3 Percussion

2 Bass Clari.

1 Bari.

1 Horn

1 Trombone

6th Grade concert band[This is for the spring concert ] :

[HOLY TREE!]

10 Trumpets. ;___;

9 Flutes

8 Clarinets

7 Altos

4 Horns

4 Trombones

4 Percussion

3 Oboes

1 Baritone

Students: 57 STUDENTS O___O

Lawl.

Jazz:

Least to greatest:

1 Drum player...Er. Can't explain. D:

1 Aux. Percussion

1 Clarinet

1 Piano

1 Bass Guitar

1Bari.

2 Altos

2 Tenors

2 Flutes

3 Trombones

4 Trumpets

OMG someone put up the TOC contest show today! YAY!

Here's this year's show! Listen for my awesome piccolo solo!

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

EDIT:

CRAP! I forgot we hadn't fihished the show. The whole show's freakin' awesome!

Also the vid has pretty bad sound quality. I mean, it's not like, all staticy. But my solo doesn't sound very good. D=

OMG someone put up the TOC contest show today! YAY!
Here's this year's show! Listen for my awesome piccolo solo!

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png
Cool.

It's okay. 8]

So. Since MB season has ended....Do you play Piccolo for regular band? Do you do jazz band?

Nope. They wouldn't let me play flute OR piccolo for jazz band, so I didn't join it. Otherwise I would have.

And I play both. Sometimes the concert music I get has a piccolo part (or call for a piccolo, or if the director decides he wants a piccolo) then me and the other piccolo player are the ones who play the piccolo part. Sometimes he tells me to play flute in the song. Sometimes there are both piccolo and flute parts in a song that I play. Obviously, I play piccolo for the piccolo part, then flute for the flute part. Sometimes he just tells me to play piccolo for every song.

I mainly play piccolo during concert season.

Nope. They wouldn't let me play flute OR piccolo for jazz band, so I didn't join it. Otherwise I would have.
Why not?

I do mostly concert music for Trombone, and I do one Latin song for Trombone, and for Flute I do Concert and Jazz music.

And for Tuba. It'll be concert music. I wanted to do it for Jazz band...

So I'd do maybe like 2 songs for Trombone and maybe 3 for Tuba.

For Piccolo, I'll be doing concert music[8th grade band]... I asked if I could try Piccolo for Jazz and my BD gave me a weird look. xD

Then I'll just do Piccolo for all of the songs... But I'm not sure if I can do 8th grade band. ost 8th graders are trying out Piccolo in January... So I hope I can be in it. D=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back