Battery help with older Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello! :D I posted this earlier, but I think it may have gotten deleted for being in the wrong forum. I'm new here, so I apologize very deeply if I'm still in the wrong place. Please move me if so! :wub:

A few years ago I purchased an older Tamagotchi at a thrift store, who was quickly forgotten with the coming of school. With the purchase of a V5 over the weekend, I'm once again starting to get back into the Tamagotchi thing, and I found this older guy in one of my video game drawers.

I'm experiencing an identification problem as well as a problem with batteries and screws.

I was quite a fan of these little guys around twelve years ago, so I'm eager to get this older one up and running soon!

I know that he's older, because he's HALF the size of my new V5, but I don't know whether he's a P1 or P2, or something else. He is definitely not a Mini.

He is in a yellow shell (casing?) with perriwinkle buttons and border. The left side has "TAMAGOTCHi" written down it in perriwinkle. Keeping with the perriwinkle theme, there are two small drawings, one on the right side of a plant like pet with a duck's head, and on top, everyone's favorite Mimitchi striking quite a cute face similar to " :D ".

I have visited my local retail store, where I shop for all my virtual pet (clockwatch) batteries and I can't seem to find a proper fit! Does anyone have an idea of what size batteries he needs?

I am unable to recall if I bought the toy like this or not, but his screws are also missing from his back battery panel. I'm willing to replace them, but there's no rush as a little tape can fix this problem. ;)

Another question I have is if he will have sound off, and if so, how I can turn the sound off? School is coming up soon, and I do not intend on leaving any of my friends at home, and I know that a model this old does not have a pause function. So depending on this, I may leave him battery-less until next summer when I can properly care for him. :eek:

I apologize if these are kinda stupid questions, but I was very young the last time I owned a Tamagotchi this old, and so I don't know these types of things. Otherwise I'd have him up and be playing with my little friend!

Any help on i.d. or battery and screws i.d. is GREATLY appreciated! :D

Thank you very much! :unsure:

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
this website should help you. i beleive the batteries for the ancestors are 2 LR44. you can turn the sound off by pressing A and C at the same time( A is the button to the left, B is the middle button and C if the button on the right)

I believe you have a P2, but I could be mistaken. Look at the screen background and you should be able to tell; the P1 has a checkerboard pattern, and the P2 has a kind of wavy looking background. The game is also different on the P1 and P2s. The P1 game is where you guess which direction your tama will look, and the P2 game is a "higher or lower" number game.

You'll need two (2) LR44 batteries to get him up and running. These can usually be found in the battery display at your local superstore or toy store.

I've got no idea about the screws, but I'm sure you could take him to the hardware store and find someone there who could help you identify what size screws you'll need.

Iceringer is correct about the sound being turned off with A and C. You'll hear a rather high-pitched melodic beeping when it's done correctly, and your tama should make no noise when scrolling through the icons. Also, even though the older Ancestors don't have a defined "pause" feature, you can suspend their life-cycle being pressing the B button to bring up the time screen, then pressing the A and C buttons at the same time. You should see the word "SET" below the time display at this point. From here, you can reset the time, or you can use it as a sort of impromptu pause feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back