Battery Tricks

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gomametchi

Reaction score
We all know that the batteries in the Tamagotchi v4 and v4.5 are the CR-2032 batteries. Well, after an extensive search for things with similar batteries that I have (to save 5 dollars), I found a keychain flashlight with a CR-2025 battery. I removed it and decided to test it in my v4.5.

Surprisingly, it worked.

I was skeptical because I tried to link up the negative and positive battery terminals to two AA batteries, and it didn't work. I'm pretty sure as long as the battery is in the general size range of the CR-2032 battery, and it touches both terminals, it will work. I also had to press the reset button at the same time for the screen to come on.

Just an unexpected thing that happened today.

The CR2025 is thinner than a CR2032. If you shake or bump your Tamagotchi, the CR2025 may momentarily not properly touch the contacts, causing the Tamagotchi to reset. We have had members complain about this problem before. Also, even if you bend the contact so it doesn't reset, you won't get the same length battery life out of it; it's smaller so won't last nearly as long.

Where I live the Dollar Tree stores have a pack of 3 CR2032 batteries for $1.00. Also when I am not using my tamas I take the batteries out.

The CR2025 is thinner than a CR2032. If you shake or bump your Tamagotchi, the CR2025 may momentarily not properly touch the contacts, causing the Tamagotchi to reset. We have had members complain about this problem before. Also, even if you bend the contact so it doesn't reset, you won't get the same length battery life out of it; it's smaller so won't last nearly as long.
Wow. o_O Thats complex

Anyway I agree with binary that happened with me too :D

Yeah, I remember back then when I had a V2, I asked my dad to get a new battery for it cause it died. He got the wrong size (like you said, CR2025). I wasn't expecting it to work, but surprisingly, it did. Unfortunately, it would fall out loose when the screen is facing up, then the Tamagotchi turns off. Besides, batteries here are only $2 for a 2-pack.

Wow. Where I am, I paid 5 dollars for one! And in the grocery store, its still 7 dollars for two.

That's a cool discovery -_- I'll try that sometime with my watch battery depending on what kind it is :D

Latest posts

Back