Bell Sprout's V4 Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have nothign overly facinating to report so far. I unpaused Spots late last night and of course she went straight to bed. She awoke this morning at 9am which I am most relieved about - I wasn't particularly looking forward to getting my one day of sleeping cut short for the sounds of a beeping tamagotchi! :mametchi:

The fortune cookie for today says the Spots is a little bit down on luck with money but things are still looking good in the realms of friendship. She also got another letter which contained a love heart. I was happy for that as the snake she got yesterday caused her happiness to completely bottom out!

Puchitchi seems to be a character that doesn't require a great deal of attention. Her hearts stay full for quite some time and toileting is not exactly regular either. I can't say that this is a problem as it allows me to get on and do other things.

I am wondering if she will still be able to evolve today despite being paused beyond bed time. I guess we shall see...

So... fortune cookie are evil!! :(

Shortly after receiving a new fortune cookie that gave me two stars all around... I received a letter in the mail. Out of the envelope jumped a bandit who stole 100GP!!! So now I understand what the effect of this morning's fortune cookie was...

On the bright side, I discovered a steak in the regular meals for Spots. Apparently, this was a good thing as she gulped it down and then did a little happy dance... but.. no more steak. I wonder when that turned up??

Wow... what a totally uneventful day...

I got a few more fortune cookies and love hearts in the mail. I managed also to fill Spots' training bar up half way today too. I did spend a little time at TamaTown and have the ring toss game down to a fine art and even managed to get a gold bag in the skill tester AND win the race car game again. Of course I played a dance game with the odd looking ballet weird looking tama preschool teacher too. I didn't quite realise that all the nice little food surprises that I scored from ring toss would arrive in a present and make my tam happy for two seonds before disappearing off into space..

I am having growing frustration with the Jumping Rope game as my buttons don't allows respond first time and I swear the rope just hangs in mid air a little long so my poor tama jumps into it too...

Anyway, it seems pretty clear that Spots is not likely to evolve today. At least tonight I will be able to let her go to sleep in her own time and then hopefully tomorrow she'll change. :p

Hey! I just looked over and noticed she'd gone to bed (it is 8pm) and now she has turned 1 year old! :(

I seem to remember my other tams taking a bath before bed... I didn't see that. May it is when she gets older.

I also just realised that with no light function we can't see them asleep in bed and watch the deperature sequence when parent leaves baby anymore...

Yesterday Spots evolved into a Ringotchi. I had not been expecting that and I guess I was a little disappointed it wasn't some random new character for V4. However, I am still happy to have her. :mellow:

Unfortunately, she found herself on pause for quite a few hours after she evolved so I could go off to gradings but then I still had the afternoons. I was even brave and had her out while my friends were over, despite all the taunts about being a 5 year old. :D

I worked out how to play the three new games availale and I have to say it is a lot less complex making my tama happy on this version. It is also easy to earn GP.

Yesterday Spots graduated from preschool and to school. This was very exciting however, I thought it was a little bit too early for that but from what I can work out... Ringotchi is a teen. I could be wrong and will have to post a question about that.

I had been confused, as I used to send Spots of to preschool and it would put up the "Away" sign and she would come back like nothing every happened with no life points etc. I worked out yesterday that when the "Away" sign is up, you have to press B again to see them at school. That wasn't written in the instructions. :) I am glad that I did work out and have been able to see her both at preschool and school now. :p

Yesterday, I also got a treasure chest from The King in the mail... but I didn't get to see what it did as I was distracted. :D Her forturne for GP today is also looking good so maybe I will get to see it again.

Spots is now old enough to brush her teeth after waking up and before bed! :D

That's all for now..

I think I have been confusing myself to pieces! :eek: Ringotchi is a teen but puchitchi is a child. For some reason I had it in my head there were five stages of growth... no wonder I couldn't work out what was going on!

Yesterday I managed to completely fill Spots' training bar and have racked up a lot of academic life skill points. I got to see her take a bath and brush her teeth. I also worked out where the chest from the Gotchi King went... I found it in my items when scrolling around trying to find something Spots could play with! 500GP came out! :eek:

For some reason I also had it in my head that the clone was one use... so I was excited to find out otherwise when I accidentally selected it! The two of them dancing around in circles is very cute! <_<

I am slowly managing to win each game. I've won jumping rope, mimic and flag... I have a feeling that I have also won dance but I know I am yet to do it with shape. Shape is tricky because at the later stages, if you accidentally overshoot the shape in selection, it will take too long to get back to it again...

I had a quick visit of TamaTown to see what I could do at school. The typing game was pretty easy, as was the crossword. Nothing else to do there so I left.

Spots got to play a little bit with my three year old niece and my sister... so she got to eat some foods and snacks that I wouldn't normally feed her and play quite a few games too. My niece really likes it when a fortune cookie or piece of mail arrives. :wacko:

I had to be a bit tricky last night too. To avoid stunting Spots' growth, I had to put her on pause at training and unpause her before she was due for bed. I got there just after six and paused her. I had just fed her and won a game so I knew that when I did unpause her part way through training (we usually get a drink break before training finishes at 8pm) she would only be at risk of getting hungry. :) Work well.. our first break was at 7:25pm and she was fine when I got a quick look at 7:55pm.

Today she is three years old! I look forward to what I will learn today and when she will become an adult! :ph34r:

So the learning continues....

I stumbled across a thread today which revealed to me that you can actually choose the teacher you get as a teen. This was something I didn't know and consequentally, I am fated to get Spots an academic job... My turtle teacher keeps hiding pencils in those boxes. *sigh* Oh well... I will know for next generation. It took me a little while to realise that you actually had to choose your teacher right at the beginning... not whenever you go to school.

The other thing I learned is that the instructions lie. The instructions say that Gotchi King donations need to be 5000, 12000 and 30000 where as TamaTown FAQ says:

You must make at least three individual donations in a sequence of 20,000 points, 70,000 points, and then 200,000 points.
Not impressed. That will be a heck of a lot of time and work.. questions my desire to complete all sections of this game. Though, I am assume after enough generations or a million games of ring toss (of which I am now an expert) one could get there without too much difficulty.

Anyway, I received a pot plant from the Gotchi King today... which grew into a happy flower. :) How nice! No GP but I didn't mind. :) Better than having the flower that tries to eat your tama! (Not literally).

Spots just grew up!! :huh:

She turned into a mimitchi! :eek: Not exactly a new character but I don't mind too much!

I just went around using all the items... as if a pencil would only be one use! :eek:

She draws a nice pretty picture of a rabbit with a pen/pencil.

She looks distinctly like a chicken when wearing a hat.

She fell off the ball and looked very unimpressed that I should invent a phone number that didn't actually connect to anyone!

I now I am waiting for her to graduate from school and to start work. :D

I tell you what.. trying to get some sleep for night shift tonight was not easy when Spots kept getting mail every five minutes! :)

On the bright side, the Gotchi Kind turned up and gave Spots a fishing pole. This fantastic piece of equipment helped Spots fish out a bag with 1000GP inside! :( Needless to say I was happy when the Gotchi King arrived a second time with yet another fishing pole. Our second fishing effort was not as successful... only a fish - which Spots was still happy with though. The good thing was that we still got to keep the fishing pole. ^_^

There has been no sign of a graduation notice and although I swear I did it enough time, I've been trying to push her academic life skills over 100. I think I might have dreamed a few trips to school! Perhaps it will come tomorrow instead.

Tomorrow will be interesting as I can guarantee broken sleep while the back of my mind is stressing about keeping Spots' hearts up. I don't really want to pause her if I can avoid though... Might as well use my keen-ness while it is there. :eek:

Spots is currently taking a bath. :D

Seems there is bit of lag with a few things under the stats heading for some reason. I won a game which was supposed to give me 500GP... and I never got them.... I went to school yet again and it did take about 10 minutes for Spots' academic life skill point to tick over from 98 to 101. I already mentioned the age thing back when I restarted this log.... I am not overly concerned I guess... but I do like getting the GP I've earned! :(

On the bright side, after fishing out a tin can (Spots was unimpressed), the second fishing pole found 2000GP! ^_^ That was a feel good moment.

Anyway, signing out for tonight. :)

Spots was awake when I finally got off work this morning at 8:30am. That's ok... nothing overly important happened other than the fortune cookie. :mellow:

Despite my worries she really didn't much attention while I was sleeping... So it was a bit of a quiet day all round.

At 2:30pm she graduated from school and was ready to select a job. I had thought with all the academic skill points that I would have to go for the scientist. Her application was rejected though with two Xs out of three! :D She got a nice job as a teacher though. :)

I don't particularly like the game much. The chosen items are sometimes deliberately far and few between... or it will select the only item left on the page that isn't there etc. Oh well... I did manage to get an "excellent" out of it. Maybe one day I will win it.

I logged into Tama Town.. that place really is as dull as it seems. :eek: Got my graduation hat and gown. :angry:

Will have to wait and see about being paid!

Just a quite entry... (otherwise I will end up on here all night doing things!)

Spots went to bed at 9pm. :D I don't know what is meant to happen with being paid... I guess I will have to do a little more research! :wub:

I noticed something unusual after Spots received another snake in the mail today. Every couple of seconds she has been falling flat on her face. Now I am aware of the random animations... I've had two tamas previously and I do remember that some teen tamas... particularly ichigotchi used to run across the screen leap and fall however, this is a little different. Spots will be bobbing away and then the next second she has gone from upright to face down. :) It seems like such an odd thing to have in their randomly....

Anyway.. final stats for today:

* Fully happy and fed

* Fully trained

* Skill points: 151 academic, 39 fashion and 61 kindness

* 4 y/o @ 34lb

* 24950GP

I am going to do this underheadings today because I've learned/done a fair bit! :)

Employment

So I've learned that you get paid first thing in the moring when you go to work that day. I dear little nazotchi came along and gave me 2120GP. :) Hooray!

I worked out also that getting "excellent" is basically winning the work game. I have managed that a few times and it occurs after reaching and collecting nine items. This can be tricky when the game deliberatly doesn't give you many of the item on each page. (Hope that kind of make sense). What I also learned is that working increased happiness. Every time you work, it counts towards happiness.... which is great to know. You are earning money and making your tama happy at the same time! The only disadvantage is that she doesn't lose weight...

I was however, cheated out of some life skill points again this morning but I guess I am not overly concerned.

Tama Town and the Gotchi King

Having earned a rediculous excess of GP, I decided to make my donation up to 20000. Although I got a thank you and a note to visit Tama Town, I found out that this was actually a fantastic waste of time as the two place where you are to claim your rewards are still "coming soon...". I must say that I am most unimpressed and do not play to make any further donations until such time Tama Town has been further constructed.

While I was at Tama Town though, I earned myself the maximum possible of 9900GP on ring toss. :) That game is mindlessly easy and it doesn't take very long to rack up a good lot of points.

Spots got mail from the Gotchi King again today. She got a pencil and what looks to be a ticket to Canada. I am not entirely sure what it does just yet and am a little afraid to use it in case it has some stupid tie to the Tama Town travel agency that is still "coming soon...".

Animations

I finally got to see the snowman animation that a few people have been talking about recently. It is very cute. :(

Yesterday I wrote about how my tama was falling over face down. Today she was not doing that... she hasn't done it all day and is not doing it now. I am still incredibly curious as at what that signified. I can't see it as being a good thing... :eek:

I will post now because I don't believe I will have a whole lot of time later.. if at all.

It has been an uneventful day as I have been busy trying to organise things for karate.

However, my learning hasn't stopped! :D

I got confused last night when looking at my tamas weight. The work game actually does help your tamagotchi to lose weight. Isn't that just the ultime treat! Three birds with one stone! ;)

I also think that I might have worked out the falling over animation. I believe it has something to do with the fortune cookie... more specifically, having only one star under the health heading. I know poor money might mean a robber and poor love/friendship can result in a snake or poo arriving in the mail.. however, the health didn't seem to have too much of an effect. It would make sense that she is falling over if her health is not good. It is still a theory at this stage though as I can't remember the fortune last time she was falling over.

Tonight I will have stuff her development around a little bit as I have to go and do my Friday night karate class. I don't think it would be considered professional to have a tamagotchi beeping out of my gi or bag while I am trying to explain, in kid terms, the intricacies of kokutsudachi with shuto uke. I will make sure to have her unpause before bed though. -_-

At 5:20pm, I arrived at my dojo, put Spots on silent and that is the last thing I remember about her until almost 10pm that night! :D

Fortunately, she was fine. Lots two hearts in the hunger department and was one down in happiness. She has also left a little poo on the screen too.

I fixed her up this morning and got well paid. :) I received yet another ticket to Canada by the Gotchi King and I though "what the heck". She flew away in a plane and looked at something that seemed like the milky way and came back on a plane towing a gift that said "Visit Tama Town". I knew I should have waited.....

Anyway, she turned seven today so I am hoping that she'll have a matchmaker visit soon. :(

I am beginning to feel ever to slightly impatient and agitated about this general absence of the matchmaker. Spots evolved into an adult at 2:30pm on Tuesday. She then graduated from school at 2:30pm on Wednesday. It is not Saturday and she is 7 year old and has not been paused at any time during her adult life. Where is the matchmaker????

I know I should be more patient... it is 2:40pm but I've read others saying they've never had the matchmaker come and I am scared that I managed to remove or reject that matchmaker yesterday or the day before while she was in my pocket. :D I'm also reading another person's log who had it come at six years of age.

-----

Well my whinging got interrupted because of a Java update... good by IE. :D So in that time the whole universe just changed!

I got to choose a new job for Spots. I didn't realise what it was because she was standing under the school when she first came down. I hit B and it went straight into the work game again... I had gotten quite good at that! When the game finished, the [!] was still flashing so I went in again and decided to press something else...

She was moving through each job and I was deciding what I might like to have a go at. I skipped the scientist after last time and saw the news reader and the fahion designer jobs. I then came across one that I didn't recognise and applied for it... mission success! She got the job and the Gotchi King came along and gave her two small balloons.

I will have to try and work out what job it is that she has. The new work game is a little dodgy though. Maybe she's a clown?? She has to collect as many balloons as she can in a predefined period of time. It took me a little while to work out that I could move Spots left and right... oh well...

Anyway, just I was getting used to that and I had return to TT, looking through other logs about the matchmaker, who should appear on my screen?? I nearly died of excitement! :D I found her facial expression, as she brought a spikey looking togetchi across the screen, very amusing! So there was lover and fireworks and now Spots is mother to a little shirotsubutchi!

Oh and did I happen to mention that I got robbed this morning. :( A nice little bandit with sunnies popped out of an envelope and stole 500GP. Honestly, I am not that worried. I have 24248GP left. :D

More to come later when I find out what Spots is employed as!

So Spots is an attendant at an amusement park. I am not amused. Her work game is seriously dodgy... beyond belief... most annoying. :( The balloons have to come down from the sky quite randomly and come low enough that some part of tama can touch them in order for them to be "caught". Spots jumps like she's got no legs and there is not a whole lot of skill involved with this game... just wait for the balloons to fall... UGH... bad, bad, bad choice. Less than impressed...

The rest of the day was largely uneventful...

I bought Spots a set of maracas to play with. :) She looks like she is in pain when playing with them. :eek: Not really thrilled with the tune that they put in with it either... sounds like someone from Bandai got their seven year old to compose a tune at random.

I got see Spots and baby watching the snowman.. other than that... I've been avoiding playing the work game. That catching balloons game is rediculous. No skill.. so random... How thoroughly annoying. Clearly they ran out of ideas when making that one. :D I am never going to have my tamagotchi employed as a theme park attendant again!

On the bright side, she is gaining some kindness skill points. :) (I think she's sitting at 90-something at present).

Well enough of the unimpressive negativity...

Last edited by a moderator:
I concede that there may be a tiny bit of skill involved with catching balloons. :ichigotchi: Today I managed to get up to 29 balloons... I will get 30 and win this silly game! Just you wait and see! :kuribotchi:

I went out to breakfast with a friend and Spots and baby were on a bit of a poor health fortune cookie. So, when Spots did a poo and it stayed there, they both got sick. :chohimetchi: Not good... However, there fortune has improved and we may be looking at something nice from the Gotchi King in the mail at some point.

Spots didn't get very well paid for her work catching balloons this moring. It was ~1900GP... That might have something to do with my not liking the game and playing it less and also not being able to win it very well. :marumimitchi:

Anyway, Spots will leaving tonight... but I will have to pause her and baby tomorrow until I get back from work in the afternoon. That will give me an hour to nurse the baby and help her evolve into a child. She will then be asleep before I go on night shift and awake after I finish work tomorrow morning. I am undecided about whether to have a dodgy sleep and care for her as a child... I might do so just so I can actually sleep on Tuesday night. Wednesday will be largely on pause until the afternoon... I am think I might pause her before she goes to bed so I don't get her aging by number without physical development. Thursday will be unpaused... Friday will be paused and again will pause before sleep. We shall see about the weekend with work etc.

I won! :D I won the balloon catching work game! At long last! :eek:

I just thought everyone should know! haha...

Anyway, the Gotchi Kind arrived twice this afternoon. The first time I received a gift of 1000GP and the second time he gave Spots a flower... that grew into one of those nasty flowers with teeth. :)

I named Spots after the type of shell that I have. It looks like this: https://www.bandai-asia.com/tamagotchi/color1/03085.jpg I saw the colourful circles and called her Spots... I've been thinking of what to name her baby... no ideas yet.

Don't expect this will be an eventful rest of night so I will leave it there. :)

--------------

*Edit - Okay... so... that fortune cookie hey... Well Spots and baby just quite randomly got sick... Now either this baby is the source of childhood infectious disease or that fortune cookie, that has shown poor health virtuall all day, really is finally taking an effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right... well I've become aware of Tamagotchi Europe and the fact that the Gotchi King can be visited there. I decided to venture and see what I could see... The site seems a little bit glitchy in parts but definately more advanced than the Tama Town that I was using.

I visited the Gotchi King and all he said was the he was glad to see me again... :) Looks like that is one souvineer I won't be getting.... Ah well.. at least there is the hexing option.... though that is not something I wish to resort to...

On the bright side, I found an even quicker way than Ring Toss to earn a stack load of GP. Tamagotchi Europe's town hall has this community game where it gives you a description of a character and you have to guess which one of the options it is. You get 300GP every time you guess right! That is very quick! :) I can get used to that!!

Anyways... signing out of the log for the second time tonight... (No I won't be coming back.. Spots is asleep and I should be too!)

Latest posts

Back