BEST Tamagotchi Experience

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I got started with a girl in 1st grade who had a v1 and pretty much abused it but I loved the concept. My best friend got a friendship pack of 2 and I was so jealous. For my birthday that year my aunt bought me a metallic purple v1 and I was ecstatic! My sister had a pale violet v1 as well and we spent hours and hours playing with them trying to get them to get married lol. Favorite version by far if v4!! Haven't had one in years tho...

I remember getting my first. Remembered (at the time) all the lack of color choice I had for my first. I settled on my Black/Grey p2. It was so much better then not having one. I love that thing and its been with me over the years.

When they vanished. Then years later came back and I would just love all tthe color choices with the connection release. I got my trouble making buzzers (squeelers at times) which made school great. I was just so happy I had color on the shells/designs too.

One of the best feelings remembering when you could go to a store and see them on the shelfs everytime. Not drooped over, placed with care, not still in the shipping box as a display on sales floor. They don't get much attention now when you do see them.

I've never connected two tamas since I always bought gens that were too far appart and never had a friend that had a tama. I remember not getting cute characters on my V2 due to unsufficient care I guess. I loved them back then but my fondest memory is a recent one.

I've only had black and white tamas and I bought a P recently. I am completely and undoubtably in love with it. I love everything about it. It felt nostalgic yet different, exiting.

I'm currently trying to get all tama tomos and I am running two tamas at once for the first time. Then, I will try to keep a tama alive for at least 99 days.

So many possibilities <3

I have to say my best Tamagotchi experience was my first. I had a mametchi on the V1 in 97, for my first run ever, and I had it up to 18 tama years old when we went on the family vacation to Washington D.C. It was a teal she'll with fuscia accents, and there are pictures of me at various memorials as well as a couple of museums with it. One day, we took it to the hotel pool, and I got a little water n it, so I had a few permanently lit pixels, but I kept it going and eventually the water marks went away. It was the next to the last day of the trip, Mamethi was 25, I believe, and we left the hotel room to go do some more sightseeing. I realized as the elevator doors opened to the lobby that I had left my Tamagotchi in the room. I remember the lobby of that hotel, because I was nearly traumatized trying to tell my dad we had to go back and get it. He said no, repeatedly, and when we got back later, Mametchi had gone back to the tama planet surrounded by 4 piles of poo. I cried like the little girl I was, and my father, bless him, kept a straight face of appropriate concern and comforted me during my time of loss. 18 years later, we laugh about it, but at the time, he didn't realize how important it was to me until I was heartbroken over my loss.

Even though it's a sad story, it's still my favorite because it was the first time in my life where I realized parents can be wrong, even when they are wrong, you have to trust them, and when they realize they're wrong, they'll buy you ice cream from a street vendor when they're tired and hungry, just to let you know they do care. My dad and I still joke around about that, and at least 5 times in my life he has apologized for "killing" my tamagotchi.

Every time I buy a new one, he jokes around about "keep it away from me!" Or, "better not take it on vacation!" I'm almost 30, he's almost 60, and despite the amount of upset it caused at the time, it has (amongst other things) kept us close over the years. Tho older I get, the more I realize I like having inside jokes with my dad. A lot of my friends don't have the luxury of being adults with both their parents present in their lives, and he's finally, in the last couple of years, realized that tamagotchi is my way of having maternal instinct without having children. Hopefully, I'll give him a grandchild soon, but in the meantime, he finally gets what it meant to me then and we both look at the argument that ensued through different lenses, often laughing until we cry tears of joy over so ething that once had me crying genuine tears.

(At the time, he bought me ice cream, then we watched loony toons on the hotel T.V. and I forgave him about a half hour after the cartoons started.)

I think my best experience will be when I get my P's later this month or early May. I've always wanted a color tama.

Every time I buy a new one, he jokes around about "keep it away from me!" Or, "better not take it on vacation!" I'm almost 30, he's almost 60, and despite the amount of upset it caused at the time, it has (amongst other things) kept us close over the years. Tho older I get, the more I realize I like having inside jokes with my dad. A lot of my friends don't have the luxury of being adults with both their parents present in their lives, and he's finally, in the last couple of years, realized that tamagotchi is my way of having maternal instinct without having children. Hopefully, I'll give him a grandchild soon, but in the meantime, he finally gets what it meant to me then and we both look at the argument that ensued through different lenses, often laughing until we cry tears of joy over so ething that once had me crying genuine tears.
I loved your story <3

I brought my first Tamagotchi to a parent teacher conference when I was in the 2nd grade. (It was a V5 with the movie shell design). While I was waiting for my mom and teacher to finish talking a girl from my class came over to me to checkout my tama. It was great because I got to teacher her how to use it and I let her play a few games. (And I don't know about you guys but I love showing off my tamas to others. ^_^ )

Another best Tamagotchi experience (if I can do two) was when I was 10 and I hadn't played with my tamas in a long time. So I pulled out my Music Star, reset it, and got a baby girl named Debby. I loved Debby so much and she eventually became a Mimitchi. :mimitchi: That's probably why Mimitchi is one of my favorite characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back