Bizarre GigaPet display issues

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porg

Reaction score
Hi there everyone!

I’m back again- sorry about this! :lol: I recently decided to get my Giga Pets out and see how they were doing, I was contemplating adding them to my log. However, upon starting one of them up I’ve noticed a very, very odd screen/graphic error and I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this?

I’m not really sure how to describe it, other than… The pet appears to have more pixels showing than needed? Its dark and blurry, with lines of pixels appearing where they shouldn’t be on occasion- its absolutely bizarre! If I press the button to activate the light on my pet, the screen completely corrects itself and all of the excess pixels vanish. Has anyone ever encountered this issue before? I’ve been searching the web for answers, but I have had very little success (despite finding other issues being reported with Giga Pets).

I’ve started up five of my Gigas now and three out of four of them all have the same issue- aside from the Little Mermaid and Giga Faces! Funnily enough those pets without issues do not have a light.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem before- and if so, is there a fix? I’ve not found anywhere mentioning the issue I am experiencing and I am at an absolute loss as to what is going on.

I have included photos below to hopefully show better what I am trying to describe.

FYTT4nn.jpg
6GIVJFa.jpg

Oh! Sorry about the nails, I am awful for removing chipped polish. ;) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid that I don't have any answers, but I have a similar display issue with my Toy Story Virtual Friends Space Explorer, so I'd just like to chime in and say that I'd love to know what the cause is, too!

Penguin-keeper - thank you for the information in regards to your Explorer- although I am sorry to hear that you are having the same issues as me. :( Hm, that has me a bit worried, though - as the Toy Story one doesn't have lights. I was assuming that it might be to do with the inclusion of adding a light, as I have so far only seen this issu on my Gigas with lights. :huh: Its so strange that the pixels clear up when the light button is pressed too. :huh: Fingers crossed for some kind of fix, or at least some kind of information as to what causes it. Do you know if the Explorer is a Giga Pet? As I can't remember if it is or not myself. :lol:

No, the Toy Story virtual pet isn't a Giga Pet. Giga Pets were made by Tiger Electronics, whereas the Toy Story one was part of a line by Thinkway Toys, though I think that they only made one other one, which was based on The Little Mermaid - not to be confused with the Giga Pet that was also based on the same film! :lol:

It certainly is interesting that the issue clears up on the backlit units when you turn the light on, though... I wonder why that happens...?

Penguin-keeper - Aha! Thank you for clearing that up, I did wonder who made it. :) Hm, then this problem goes beyond what I was originally assuming. I thought it might been exclusive to the GigaPets- or maybe even just the virtual pets with a light; :huh: My large Gyoappi is having display issues as well. I'm feeling a bit disheartened, I have to admit. The display issue with that is different to these, though. It appears to be missing areas of pixels (they don't look dead at least) and its a bit faded too.

As far as the light goes, I have no idea- the fact that it corrects itself when the light is activated puzzles me completely! It happens on all of my Gigas experiencing this problem. :huh: I might need to try exposing the screen to daylight and see if that helps?

Penguin-keeper - Righto! Noted on that! :lol: I was just wondering if playing with them in daylight would help with anything, given the light function helps. :lol: I wasn't going to leave them in the sun, mind you- I've seen what that can do and its not pretty! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back