Blue smudge/light on Tamagotchi On's screen

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rafciom

Reaction score
Hi There!

I just received my first Tamagotchi On (brand new) bought on Amazon. When I turned the tama on I noticed a blue mist-like/smudge light at the top of the screen. This blue light is especially visible in the white background and (for example in the settings).

I was wondering if it's a normal thing for Tamagotchi On or is mine damaged? Does anyone has a similar issue with their On?

Thanks, Rafciom

Could you provide a picture, please? It's difficult to diagnose whether this is a fault or simply light-bleed* without being able to see it. :smile2:

*The Tamagotchi Pix has issues with light-bleed, so it may be possible that later-manufactured Tamagotchi On units might have been switched over to using the new display type. This is just a guess, though - without seeing it, I couldn't say.

Yes naturally! I'm attaching the pics now. So I'm not sure if the 'issue' is visible in the pics but basically this light blue light is only visible in the white background. It looks like the top of the screen is casting a little shadow. I have tama pix and the colours are vibrant and it doesn't have this shadowy thing. This 'issue' doesn't affect the gameplay and I don't think it's getting any bigger, at the moment at least.

20220203_125130.jpg20220203_125003.jpg

Yes naturally! I'm attaching the pics now.
Thanks so much. :smile2:

So I'm not sure if the 'issue' is visible in the pics but basically this light blue light is only visible in the white background. It looks like the top of the screen is casting a little shadow. I have tama pix and the colours are vibrant and it doesn't have this shadowy thing. This 'issue' doesn't affect the gameplay and I don't think it's getting any bigger, at the moment at least.
I must admit, I've never seen anything like this before, on any device using a colour LCD panel. It definitely shouldn't look like that!

I would lean towards either a fault (I wonder if it's a pressure-spot or similar?) or at least some sort of manufacturing issue, but I don't know what Bandai's quality-control tolerances for these are (just as there are tolerance levels for amounts of dead pixels, I suspect that other manufacturing issues are treated similarly). It's possible that they, or at least their display supplier, might not view this sort of thing as a big problem.

Latest posts

Back