Bone Scan

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry about cancer.They probably figured they might as well check now so you don't have to come back again.

Pre-caution is good, but you have nothing to worry about. ;]
Aww, thanks Tamaw/pants you are right, I don't need to worry unless it happens!

Keeping TT posted,

TT101

Nope.

I've never broken a single bone, nor fractured one. The worst I've ever done was either get a really bad bruise, jam my finger, twist my ankle, or pull a muscle.

By the way, don't worry about cancer. You'll most likely be perfectly fine. :]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had 4, they're just X-rays. I've got flat feet so I really need them every other year.

Today I had my Bone Scan. They first gave me and IV filled w/ neuclear liquid. Then I had to wait 90 min. (so I ate Lunch YUMMMM) Last I had to spend 1 hour in a tube where I could not move.
They got the results but at our Children's Hospital, they aren't able to tell you. Your doctor has to give you the results. They tested for breaks, fractures, and well, CANCER. So I am kind of nervous.~shivers~

My Mom called the doctor and the doctor is going to call the hospital to get the results. Then she will call my family!

I'll Keep TT Posted

TT101
Ohhhh! That's a CAT scan. Not a bone scan. and the liquid can't be nuclear. You would be dead if it were.

Ohhhh! That's a CAT scan. Not a bone scan. and the liquid can't be nuclear. You would be dead if it were.
It's NOT A X_RAY OR CAT SCAN! Please, I have had a horrible day and would be greatful if you wouldn't tell me I am wrong. It is a neuclear substance and there is a thing called a bone scan.

I am going to PM a guide if it continues to become an issue or argument!

TT101

Bone scan info

This should clear things up. It is a bone scan, and it is nuclear. So please, on behalf of the topic creator, stop arguing.

~BAD NEWS~

The Test results were..... NORMAL! Which for a regular person great, but for a person who has had two months of pain it is HORRIBLE!!! Now the plain is unexplained. My doctor will call on Monday with ideas, which means more hospital appointments for me!!! BOOHOO!

More to come,

TT101

~BAD NEWS~      The Test results were..... NORMAL! Which for a regular person great, but for a person who has had two months of pain it is HORRIBLE!!! Now the plain is unexplained. My doctor will call on Monday with ideas, which means more hospital appointments for me!!! BOOHOO!

More to come,

TT101
Gosh my leg hurts really bad. I had to go to yet another doc. appointment earlier and they gave me a TENS unit! It is used to distract the nerves. But it isn't really helping. Has anyone every had one?

Best regards,

TT101

Edit~~~~~ Tis means fractures, cancer, and infection are still NOT in the clearing at least not yet!

I've been having a lot of pain in my left knee. They took an x-ray of it and I have, in easiest terms, 1.5 kneecaps.

I also have tendonitis in that knee.

You might try stretching it. It could just be something like tendonitis or a pinched nerve. If they didn't find anything wrong with the bone, it may just be muscular.

I'd try doing some stretches twice a day. It might do some good just to have it stretched. It's been helping mine anyway.

You might also ask your doctor if you should see a physical therapist.

I once had fourteen x-rays in one session. I'm almost suprised I wasn't glowing afterwards, what with x-rays being radioactive :p

I've been having a lot of pain in my left knee. They took an x-ray of it and I have, in easiest terms, 1.5 kneecaps.
I also have tendonitis in that knee.

You might try stretching it. It could just be something like tendonitis or a pinched nerve. If they didn't find anything wrong with the bone, it may just be muscular.

I'd try doing some stretches twice a day. It might do some good just to have it stretched. It's been helping mine anyway.

You might also ask your doctor if you should see a physical therapist.
Oh BTW I am Seeing a physical theripist. Mostly because my muscles are so tight from using crutches! LOL

TT101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back