Book Reconmendations?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, Skulduggery Pleasant is kinda horror-type...

Yeah I loved Little Women, Pride and Prejudice is good, so is Jane Eyre... A bit confuzzling though o_O

My mind is still not working properly... :)

Thanks barky!!!

Mum liked the idea of those books, and they are now third and fourth on our list!!!

(First is Little Women, second A dog’s life: the autobiography of a stray and then comes Pride and Prejudice, followed by Jane Eyre.

Any more reccommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, no problemo ;)

Try reading Journey to the River Sea. Perhaps if you don't know if you're mom will like it, read it yourself first and see. I enjoyed and hated it when I finished :) lol.

Just had a look at my bookshelf and picked some books I think I enjoyed the most:

The Penguin Expedition ~ Jed Mercurio

The White Giraffe ~ Lauren St John (I won that for a writing competition ;) )

Born to Run ~ Michael Morpurgo

The Invisible Girl ~ Laura Ruby

Michael Morpurgo books are sad :( Lol they always make me cry.

Best Wishes

barky

How about The Lord of the Rings? Also, there's a book called Power-Up: How Japanese games gave the world an extra life. I like both of these books. I also like The Call of the Wild. Just some more suggestions. :D

Maybe. Thanks guys. Any more.

And also, a request for shorter books. Mum will read long books but it takes her FOREVER!!!

I'd recommend Chasm City by Alastair Reynolds but prehaps not if she doesn't like horror (It's not horror specifically but it's quite dark sci-fi).

Also, Louis de Bernier's Red Dog. I've heard Red Dog is amazing but I've not yet read it myself. It's quite short though; a hundred pages or so.

Feet of Clay by Terry Pratchett is good too and I don't think it requires prior knowledge of Discworld. It's a sort of fantasy crime novel.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams (Sci-fi humour)

The Just So Stories - Rudyard Kipling (Fable like stories about the creation of various things)

Gormenghast Trilogy (Beginning with 'Titus Groan') - Mervyn Peake (Not fantasy but not of this world either. Often said to be quite heavy going)

Neuromancer - William Gibson (Cyberpunk; inspired countless other books and films)

Three Men in a Boat - Jerome K. Jerome (To say nothing of the dog)

Haroun and the Sea of Stories - Salman Rushdie (A truly excellent fantasy story wonderfully told. For adults and children. I will read this to my children one day)

Good Omens - Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman (A humourous re-writing of the book of Revelations)

His Dark Materials (Beginning with 'Northern Lights' or 'The Golden Compass' depending on where you live) - Phillip Pullman (A steampunk alternate reality adventure through dimensions and religion)

try the warrior series. the books are not too long, and its about TALKING CATS x3

Plus, NO BAD WORDS =3

if that fails, try this book called The Invention Of Hugo Cabret, its about a boy who works in a train station in paris, and there are PICTURES in it, but its not for little kids.

If all else fails. GO TO TEH LIBRARY XD

How about The Lord of the Rings? Also, there's a book called Power-Up: How Japanese games gave the world an extra life. I like both of these books. I also like The Call of the Wild. Just some more suggestions. :)
ugh I can't stand call of the wild. it's so boring

The Twilight series is pretty good.

The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, Eighth Grade Bites.

it's pretty good if your a fan of vampire books, or stories of teenage drama, and action.

the second book, Nineth Grade Slays, is even better~

Thanks guys. My list is HUUGE but i could still do with more!!!

Mum says she would like more warming stories about animals, especially dogs.

Um...

The City Of Ember is good, its so amazingly exciting at the end.

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, they're really good, I read em all like really fast.. the best one is breaking dawn but theyre all amazing

Beyond The Valley Of Thorns

All I can say is wow. it and the other two books in the series are really great also, I didn't finish the last one though lol

^_^

thanks WOW Have I GOT A LIST!!! Would you like to see it so far???

Born Free

Little Women

A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a stray

Pride and Prejudice

Soul Surfer

Jane Eyre

Kira-Kira

Born to Run

The City Of Ember

Good Omens

Three Men in a Boat

Schooled

The Summoning

The Key to Rondo

Warriors Series

Breathing Underwater

Skullduggery Pleasant

Journey to the River Sea

Lionboy Series

The Penguin Expedition

The White Giraffe

The Invisible Girl

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams

Power Up

The Call of the Wild

Tuck Everlasting

Coraline

City of Ember

Series of Unfortunate Events

Beyond The Valley Of Thorns

Chasm City

Red Dog

Feet of Clay

The Just So Stories - Rudyard Kipling

Gormenghast Trilogy (Beginning with 'Titus Groan')

Neuromancer

Haroun and the Sea of Stories

His Dark Materials

The Invention Of Hugo Cabret

Lord of the Rings

Twilight Series

The Dark Night Series

The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, Eighth Grade Bites and Ninth Grade Slays

There's still room for more!!!

Latest posts

Back