Bootleg games you've received before?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamacass

Reaction score
OK, so the titles' a bit misleading, but what I mean is the fact that while the game is the same and all, the cartridge is not authentic. Specifically, flaws can include saves restarting, cover art being wrong and instruction manuals repeating everything over and over and giving you no help at all.

I'm basing this off DS bootlegs I've gotten off eBay for my past birthdays (Goddammit Mum!), so bare with me for a sec as I tell you the tragic story of one of my favorite DS games ever... Yoshi's Island 2- I mean DS.

So, when I was younger and was getting used to my DS (a pink lite~ Never saw any of the original DS models), birthdays and Christmases were all mixed up in-between. Ebay was just beginning to stock up with games from fishy sellers, mainly from china, who discovered they could make a quick buck selling bootleg copies of famous games. Mum fell for this most of the time, and as such, got me a couple of bootlegs. Such include Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure (I NEVER EVEN WATCHED ANY OF THE FILMS, BUT THE GAME IS GREAT), and... Oh. I can't think of any others. Well, besides Yoshi's Island DS.

Anyway, I loved the crap out of said game. I would play it quite a lot, but usually took long breaks in-between the years. However, I did not know that this copy of the game I had was a bootleg, and as such, thought that the profiles randomly restarting after an amount of time was normal (The cover also said Yoshi's Island 2 instead of DS). I never kept any of my save data, and that sucked. But I didn't care back then - I still would play it anytime I felt like it, and it was probably one of the best games I ever owned.

However, a few years ago, I lost the cartridge of Yoshi's Island, and I've never been able to find it. Nowadays, I'm looking for a good listing that isn't a bootleg and isn't region-locked either. By the way, the bootlegged copies were american, so I could only play it on my lite, even as I got more systems over the years. I would do almost anything just to play this game again, to listen to the music not on YouTube, but from the actual game. While it sucked to have a bootleg, I know that without the game, I wouldn't be the Nintendo fanatic I was today.

But enough of my story. What's yours, if you have any at all? It doesn't matter what system, it just matters if it's a bootleg! Maybe some of you have been in the same situation as me. Who knows? Maybe you have no idea what I just talked about! But hey, I'm pretty tired right now, so I'll end the post right here.

Hope to see some replies, or some stories at least as well! :)

I got Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros. 2 from a flea market once. The game runs normally and I didn't notice anything odd at first. It has never deleted the save data before. However, I later found out the cartridge art was wrong. It has a solid blue background instead of a sky with clouds. It also doesn't say Nintendo in the the slot thing the game is read from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back