Braces

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

masketchigirl

Reaction score
people who dont have braces think that ppl with braces are uncool and some tv shows make it seem like that a bit...

like uglybetty for instence that show makes other people reacct to people with braces or glasses like there ugly...

what do u think...?

I don't think people with braces are uncool. I think they are just people who are having orthodentic work done on their teeth ;)

Those that say they are uncool are just showing their ignorance or spitefulness for everyone else to see :huh:

I don't think you can say shows like Ugly Betty make folks react that way towards people with braces or glasses :D

Folks and society are like that already!

This is something we all do (to a greater or lesser extent). We all judge on looks, initially as least.

If you see a girl or boy walking down the street who you think is good looking and wearing clothes that you like, it's natural to thing "S/He's Nice" when you don't even know them or what their personality is like.

So you could argue that shows like Ugly Betty remind us all how mean we (as a society) can be and perhaps show us how (as individuals) we could change our attitudes.

Wearing braces on your teeth or glasses for your sight is just one of those things. You need them and that's the way it goes...

I hated wearing braces because I thought it made me look ugly - but my teeth are straighter now and I don't need them anymore. Good result as far as I am concerned.

I used to hate wearing glasses for the same reason - but I couldn't see clearly without them and I still need them. Glasses can be fashionable anyway and let you create a more individual "style" of your own that's not the same as everyone else. That's also an advantage as far as I'm concerned ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back