Bratz?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is wearing skimpy clothing be racist?
Racist is...

I don't see how skimpy clothing shows racism. That's sexism.

It shouldn't matter if a girl plays with Bratz or not. Not all girls are gonna become sluts and whores from them. It's pretty much like the parents who blame video games for violent children.
Thanks. I really don't understand why somebody would use a term, like racist for something that doesn't relate to it.

Where I live (Australia) I remember there was huge controversy over this Bratz Baby Twins set. One twin was called Sugar, and the other was called Spice. If the names are anything to go by, you can imagine the issues it brought up. They both wore only (revealing) underwear, had huge lips/eyes, and were not your average looking babies.

Anyway, I used to quite like Bratz, and they were considered cool for a little while. I had a few when I was 10/11. But they never were as good as Barbie. She will always share my best childhood memories.

I used to love Bratz Dolls when I was a kid.

I used to get like one a week. :)

But they have been banned now because Barbie/Mattel sued them and won.

It's a shame really.

Little kids love those dolls.

Bratz do look a bit.. odd for children's dolls. xD
I think that they are a bad influence on little girls. Flame me if you wish, but I think that they encourage 5 year olds to waer miniskirts and shirts that don't even cover their belly buttons.

My advice: if you want to make a toy, give it clothes, not underwear.
Exactly how I feel.

What I find really disturbing though is the fact that bratz babies have makeup and trashy clothes as well.

They are dolls. I never played with dolls, opting for the rip the head off option. Bratz is what I use to keep Charlotte occupied while I cook her dinner and use the computer etc when I babysit.

Sure they aren't the best role models but who apsires to be a doll. Life is more fun then being in 2 centimetres of fabric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back